Thread: propositions

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default propositions

Does it matter who you send on propositions. I hired some squires in chapter 2 and have just been sending them on all my propositions while I level up the other characters. I'm at the beginning of chapter 4 now.

well it kinda depends i mean some classes are best for some prop. but if you sent a bunch of lvl.1 squires out they have a 60% of failing or somthin like that

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't had one fail yet, although they have gained some levels from all the props and I did give a few of them different jobs.

Also, the proposition reports are great. "this job was tough, but it was our very best..." or "the chemist was most important" followed by the chemist saying "It's all because of me".

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

"I got a good feeling!"
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This job is a gift from God...

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

As luck would have it, I've submitted a list of the propositions on the Staff Site forum that includes the recommended job classes for each of the propositions.

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57278

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some propositions require certain jobs. Check gamefaqs or BG's list.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Hell yeah, BG! Nice job with the list! Any idea how soon it'll be added to the EOFF site? :fpcurious
    Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom...

I know which ones to send out. I can't say though. It's all because of this Strategy Guide! *holds up Prima FFT strategy guide*
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Heh...Kingdom Hearts moment there.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Strategy Guide Errata

Thanks Despotus, your help was instrumental in creating it. I'm not sure when it will be posted. I suspect Spatvark is kept very busy with submissions.

Vireblaze, I actually have two copies of that strategy guide (one in a three ring binder for quick reference, a pristine one for the shelf) and it has several inaccuracies in regards to the propositions. Not too many, but enough to prevent you from getting all the Treasures if you follow it exactly.

For example, for the Zaland Fort City proposition 'Win the Zaland Fight' the guide suggest sending a monk, when in actuality only an archer will get the best result: 'It's all because I was here.' Also you only get Gil from winning this, instead of a Treasure.

The Zaland Fort City proposition 'Rolande Ore Company' also only gives Gil when the guide says Treasure.

The Yardow Fort City proposition 'Miner's Tour 2' gives Treasure, not Gil as the guide suggests.

The other major flaw in the guide is the move-find data for Nelveska Temple. This is a biggie. There are two shields you can get from the left pillar (both named Escutcheon, with different appearances). One is the sucky shield you can buy early on the other is the best shield in the game. The right pillar can give one of two spears (again, both named Javelin with different appearances). One is the basic spear, the other is the best spear in the game.

Letsee...there are some errors in the move-find data in some levels of Deep Dungeon, but just transpositions, nothing catastrophic.