Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vireblaze
    I totally changed my mind. I wanna be a Samurai! Wohoo!
    Good call.

Usually you need WAR sub on a samurai, though. Post 20, RNG will do as well, and after 30, you can use THF, but you'll lose out a lot of invites if you don't have WAR subbed. RNG and THF are optional.

after 60, i wouldnt invite a SAM if he didnt have thf subbed, SATA tach:yakuzi is pwnage

THF sub is only applicable if the SAM loads up on STR for his WS, else its just not worth the price of Berserk and Double Attack which over time does more dmg than a SATA.

Unfortunetly PLD/NIN is not the norm and most people wont like the lost of provoke.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

i dont like to have "normal" parties it gets old and boring, spice it up babay!

Which is why i said its not practical as not everyone has a static party with a THF.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I like Samurais because of their katanas. I'm just so attracted to katanas, y'know? Samurais also look cool.
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Heh...Kingdom Hearts moment there.

Just keep in mind you gotta do a lot of travelling to unlock the Samurai Job.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Okay I have a problem. Here's a question: What should I be? A Paladin, Dark Knight, Ninja, or Samurai? I like all four, so that's the problem! Isn't a Paladin sorta like a Holy Knight? Dark Knight is strong, and I like attacking, but I also like helping team members. I am totally stuck between all four! Help me out!
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Personally after i did BLM to 75, i took DRG to 75, people just dont appreciate the flexibility of a DRG, you can get hate and lose it as needed. For instance, if you see that a PLD is about to die you can buy time for him by voking, taking a few hits and then high jumping or super jumping depending on how much hate you have, if you sub WHM, you can use TP to get wyvern to do healing breath on anyone under 50% HP after lvl 60. If you want to do massive DMG and control hate better you can sub THF, and SATA your regular WS or jump to do massive DMG, DRG is really fun for melee job in my opinion because it never gets old since you can sub so many different things, but if you wanna try em all you will probably need a static that is comfortable with you like i had. Hope this post maybe helps ya

What do YOU wanna be?

A Paladin and Ninja are tanks, Ninja being the more expensive one and more harder to level up but negate dmg for the most part because of it.

A Dark Knight is a slow damaging hit, which doesnt shine as often until lvl 66, while SAM is a renkei master, you renkei as much as possible with other DDs until the heavy hitting Tachi's at the higher lvls. Per hit they arent as strong as a DRK for instance.

Take your pick.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I choose...Ninja! :chop:
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Quote Originally Posted by vireblaze
    Never in my life have I played on online video game. I so want to try this one out, because I love Final Fantasy.
    You should check out other mmorpg's out of relaly a lot of the ones i've played FF11 feels more like a job than a game.Thus why i don't go on it as often lol.

This is a thread about his job @_@ he will find out sooner or later if he likes FFXI and will stick with it or not. Some of us find it fun, others dont, its not for everyone thats for sure.

Ninja is expensive because every cast of ninjutsu you need powders bought either from NPC or the AH. You will primarily use the powder Shihei which is used in casting Utsusemi. All at the same time you need to keep hate by subbing WAR and provoking and in addition use other Ninjutsu to enfeeble/debuff the mobe for hate. The true job of solo tanking comes at 36 when you learn Utsusemi Ni, the second shadow spell. Now if you did learn it, you need to learn how to juggle them, with cast time and stuff. Its a pretty tough and expensive job @_@ But one that does damage netigation the best.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I am so gonna stick with my decision! I might be getting the game sooner than I think! Shearwater (where I live) might be getting high speed internet soon! (I've changed my mind back to Samurai by the way. I'm gonna stick with that even though there will be doubts in my mind. But first, I'll be a Warrior in the beginning.) My username will be Alec. Could you tell me your usernames for FFXI just in case we meet?
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

That would highly depend on your server now would it?

I am Lionx and Leonine on midgarsomr

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3