Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paladin job?

Default Paladin job?

I was wondering...Do I need to be a Warrior to unlock Paladin?
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Heh...Kingdom Hearts moment there.

You can be anything you want to. Just have to be level 30.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can answer your question quite simply, if you do not sub Warrior as a Paladin, you will NEVER get any exp from a pt, I'm hopeful that not even Valkurm dunes noobs will invite you. PLD/WAR is ABSOLUTELY NON CHANGEABLE FOR EXP, WITHOUT WAR SUB YOU ARE USELESS.

To your actual question, it would be wise to play warrior to 30 as you can then level PLD to lvl 60 and have a fully leveled subjob, however you can use any job to get it as long as it's 30.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT BEING A PLD WITHOUT WAR SUB.

The rant isn't directed at you, but I've noticed a hell of a lot more War/whms slipping through the dunes into Qufim/Kazham without being stopped and forced to change sub or delevel to 1. The only way to stop it is to do as I do with my whm, refuse to pt with them, one guy today was a freakin' Galka War/Whm the "It's only until I get 30 and XXX job" doesn't work with me. War/Whm = No Exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllius
    I can answer your question quite simply, if you do not sub Warrior as a Paladin, you will NEVER get any exp from a pt, I'm hopeful that not even Valkurm dunes noobs will invite you. PLD/WAR is ABSOLUTELY NON CHANGEABLE FOR EXP, WITHOUT WAR SUB YOU ARE USELESS.

To your actual question, it would be wise to play warrior to 30 as you can then level PLD to lvl 60 and have a fully leveled subjob, however you can use any job to get it as long as it's 30.

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT BEING A PLD WITHOUT WAR SUB.

The rant isn't directed at you, but I've noticed a hell of a lot more War/whms slipping through the dunes into Qufim/Kazham without being stopped and forced to change sub or delevel to 1. The only way to stop it is to do as I do with my whm, refuse to pt with them, one guy today was a freakin' Galka War/Whm the "It's only until I get 30 and XXX job" doesn't work with me. War/Whm = No Exp.
    okay.... he can always solo it with two BST.lol.I did that with my WAR and my Bard.

I don't want Warrior sub, I want Black Mage sub when I'm a Paladin. I'm like a...Magic/Fighting person. So I like to attack, but also to use magic to either use black magic to damage enemies, or white magic to help allies. *sigh* The truth is...I don't have FFXI. I want to get it, but the internet where I live is to slow... *sob* I want to play it SOOOOO bad!
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by vireblaze
    I don't want Warrior sub, I want Black Mage sub when I'm a Paladin. I'm like a...Magic/Fighting person.
    That is so stupid. A Paladin is a tank, in order for your Paladin to tank properly you'll need a Warrior subjob so you can use Provoke. Damnit.

Go RDM if you wanna be a magic/fighting person.

*reads the rest of your post*
    Oh, okay. Nevermind.

Paladin is basically a Holy Knight class, and that's why I like it so much.
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    *patpat*

Never in my life have I played on online video game. I so want to try this one out, because I love Final Fantasy.
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nevertheless, if I ever saw a pld/blm with an invite flag up, unless they had a comment that clearly proved that it was a joke, I would blacklist them immediately.

Jobs in the MMO world need to be balanced and have a role they excel in. Otherwise, it would be a RDM before they get Refresh and Dispel in their spell list that other mages dont have. Uninvited because why do we need a RDM when a WHM and BLM can do all your jobs better? Because you can do em all? Bah just invite a real WHM and BLM and get better results.

A PLD is a tank that can hold hate the best, hence they will need a WAR sub because WAR is the only job that has the ability of Provoke. Without it, you cant hold hate well enough. PLD/BLM is good for solo only when you need to Warp.

Your support job, is to support your main job. Hence a PLD/BLM does not work in a party situation.

If you want to do what you listed, be RDM or a DRK. A PLD has crappy attack anyway as Sword does not do alot of dmg, and in a PT they invite you to be a tank hence you will focus on Defensive gear and not Attack.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Hi!
    Just a question about Paladin weaponry. Since I've read that Paladin should equip sword+shield am I gonna be screwed since I'm using axe+shield and gaxe for my Warrior? Should I go for sword instead of axe even as a Warrior?

*EDIT* Just one little thing, how do I know when my skill is capped?
    Last edited by Quistis79; 03-17-2005 at 07:11 AM.

~So, if we happen to fall down, we'll get instant halos.~

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not at all--Axe&shield / GAxe is the ideal combination for warriors.

Remember that you're going to be WAR30 before even unlocking PLD--it'll be easy to skill up your sword skill on Too Weak to the point where it'll be capped as pld all the way to the Dunes. Once you reach party levels, you'll have no trouble keeping it capped in-party as you'll be using only one weapon. (Really, for melee classes, you should be able to keep at least two weapons capped. I have no trouble keeping Great Katana and Archery capped as a samurai)

I totally changed my mind. I wanna be a Samurai! Wohoo!
    When you walk away
    You don't hear me say
    Please, oh baby don't go
    Simple and clean is the
    Way that you're makin'
    Me feel tonight
    It's hard to let it go

umm... PL/WAR IS interchangable with PLD/NIN if you have a THF for TA. i did static with PLD/NIN from 60-75 and it worked great, used all his ablilities and ninja tools to keep hate and rarely lost it