Thread: Star Trek

Default Star Trek

Hello, My name is Jay and I am a Huge trekkie here I am so sad about the demise of the show it makes me more upset that it has become controversial but I think you can start to look back and see what made the show special to begin with from now on. Has anyone checked out this site upn.com/shows/enterprise/fan_favorites/ You can win stuff if you enter right away too. What is your fave show?

they killed startrek?

you'd think that they'd be able to get the funding wouldn't you?
    silly americans!
    gragh!!!!!!
    we want star trek back!!!!!!

Trust No one

The Next Generation is great, but I've never really been into any of the others.

I am unsure about Riker's beard.

Enterprise really wasn't that good. They need to take a bit, collect their ideas, execute Rick Berman, and come up with a good idea for a new series, or a movie or two...

...about Wesley Crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt
    The Next Generation is great, but I've never really been into any of the others.

I am unsure about Riker's beard.
    how can you be unsure about his beard!

Trust No one

Good shows.

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

I'm a huge trek fan (I've seen almost every episode of the Original Series, Next Generation, Voyager and a fair number of Deep Space 9), but I just didn't get into Enterprise. I'm not really sure why - I watched the first season, and a bit near the end of...I think the second or third (where they were looking for the Zindi, or however it's spelled). It didn't help that I am no longer around during the time slot is was on, too
    And now Trek's streak of seven seasons is done. Bah.
    I disable signatures. Killjoy.

I think Star Trek should take a few years off, and really assess itself. The series used to be all about human exploration, the imagination, and in general, the idealism of Roddenberry. Lately, it's become so action based that I feel the true essence is gone. If they take a couple of years off, perhaps they can launch a new series that gets back to what Star Trek, in my mind at least, is about.

Take care all.

I agree. When they came out with The Next Generation, they really had to make sure that it was a good show, that remained true to the ideals of Star Trek (plus Roddenberry was still alive), as people had been waiting for twenty years for a new series.

Also, the three newer series, while I enjoyed DS9 and Voyager, all have tried to set themselves up as something different (on a station, lost far away, back in time), while the Original and Next Generation needed nothing special, just a good crew on a starship named Enterprise, seeking out new...you get the picture .

I understand the reasoning behind these, as just repeating the idea an "Enterprise" and her crew having adventures will run stale - just as the new series is getting cut short - but if they could find a way to return to the kind of show they had originally, as The Captain said, then it would something that I'm sure I would stick around to watch.
    I disable signatures. Killjoy.

They need a big plaque in the writer's room:

NEVER TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AGAIN.