View Poll Results: Read the post, you'll figure it out.

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 23.08%
  • No

10 76.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP: Watching movies on it really incentive?

Default PSP: Watching movies on it really incentive?

Okay, so from what I've seen, the PSP will be able to play moveis that have been made on the UMD (Universal Media Disc), which is also made by Sony. Now, this means that, to watch your movies on the PSP, you need to buy a special disc that cannot be played on a DVD player. However, the battery life on the PSP is between 2 and 4 hours, so I've heard. Also, It'd have to be on the screen which is (hopefully) smaller that your T.V, and most likely has inferior sound. So, my question is, do you think getting movies on the PSP is a reasonable way to spend your money?

I don't because than if I want to watch the 'good' version (on my T.V.), I'd have to buy the same movie again. What do you folks say?
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would have to say no.

No, it doesn't seem like a smart deal at all. Unless the discs were extremely cheap, then Sony might have something going. But since when is anything they make remotely affordable?

Oh, my aching wallet.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Even if the movies were adequately cheap, I don't see any reason to buy them. 2-4 hours of battery life aren't that great; having to float around an outlet all the time kinda defeats the purpose of a portable movie player. And if you're on the road or whatever, then you might as well save yourself the money and battery life and just play games. *shrug*

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

No. The movies will cost $20 anyways and as others have said. Battery life, portable, home, better quality tv.

Screw the PSP in its broke ass...ass

Nah, its not worth your battery life...PSP has so many options but it shortens your battery life so much sometimes...useless.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate when any sort of technology tries to do things other than their purpose. Like phones taking photos, and consoles doing anything other than letting you play games. (Okay I don't mind the PS2 playing DVDs but that made more sense anyway). With the PSP I don't think it's worth it. But then I think it makes more sense to watch a film at home, or a cinema than on a bus or something when you might not even have time to watch the whole thing. And the whole battery life thing sucks anyway.
    rawr

My PSP battery life at 100 percent charge runs for 9 hours and 10 mins with the settings i have it on.. (lowest brightness setting) but mostly anything you do (watch a UMD movie) will drop the time almost in half. So what i say is dont watch the UMD version unless its like your favorite movie and you have to see it with the PSP graphics.
    Just download it on your computer and put it on your memory stick, it will last longer.

With 1.8 gigs I doubt you could put a good movie on it.
    COOKIES+MUD
    So I waited for you...
    What wouldnt I do
    And I'm covered it's true
    Im covered in You

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!!

I guess its silly playing them when you have a DVD player
    But Ive had long trips down to Devon and I rely on the PSP for entertainment. The quality is great but the screen is big but not ideal for movies.

I put Red vs Blue on my PSP. I also put that Napoleon Dynamite short on it (Peluca). As for the UMD discs.. Nah.. I wouldn't bother with those. Except for maybe Advent Children.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a PSP, and I think the video and suond is great for such a little thing. And the battery life, on my magical PSP at least, is a good six hours. It came with Spider Man II, which has saved my exhausted brain a few times between classes.

I don't plan on ever buying UMD movies, so, no, I wouldn't say the UMD released movies are in insentive. What I do plan on watching on it is videos on my memory stick. I think that being able to do that is hot, along with putting comic books and MP3s on it. It makes me dance.

How awesome would it be to watch lewd videos on a psp?

there is one good video to buy for the psp, advent children comes out for the psp before it's reliesed on DVD.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

Rather wait :P Money is universal

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3