Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limit Breaks

Default Limit Breaks

How can I use the Near Death attacks?

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

You can't really use them, they are completely random, and are only used when your characters have low HP.
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

When a character uses the fight command when their HP is critical, they may whip out their limit break. Since it's completely random, there really is no way to effectively use limit breaks to your advantage.

but if you get one......there amazing
    "Oh How Dreadful, Say Can You Hear That? Its The Sound Of The Reaper"-Magus

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

It's a 1/20 chance Desperation is triggered when Critical and choosing Fight.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Which, as we all know, is foolish because Fight is the most negligable command in the game. Well... Okay maybe Sketch is less useful, but if you're at critical health and making a last ditch effort, are you going to select Fight or bust out the Chainsaw?

Well put. My theory:

If he's in critical, HEAL HIM.

I don't have time to dilly-dally (yeah, look at that technical jargon there) around when my characters are limping with one arm and a quarter of an eye hanging out from their lungs.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that fight is an inferior command. That's why I never got those near death attacks, everyone always used magic or special ability.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I went out of my way to get them just to see what they looked like, and I got only two in the entire game. Setzer attacks with whatever weapon he has three times in a row, and Celes spins around really fast and hits the enemy with her sword, doing 9999 damage. They aren't worth using, but they are very nice if they happen.
    "I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I do!!!!!"
    -The Wheelchair

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

fight is the best command. If you can't kill most enemies simply using fight with all your characters then you suck.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    fight is the best command. If you can't kill most enemies simply using fight with all your characters then you suck.
    xD

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    agreed
    I used the fight command on almost every enemy except for major bosses. Especially with strong physical fighters like Sabin and Cyan, you'd be retarded to NOT use it.

Quote Originally Posted by beema
    agreed
    I used the fight command on almost every enemy except for major bosses. Especially with strong physical fighters like Sabin and Cyan, you'd be retarded to NOT use it.
    Actually with a character such as Sabin, even pummel is stronger than an attack, and as for Cyan, his first level Swd Tech is stronger than a regular attack as well. I never used fight uhm, ever...

THE JACKEL

I was getting like 5000 damage out of attack command from Sabin towards the end of the game, and Cyan had the genji glove and offering equipped so he was dealing out like 7000 a turn, plus he had that blade that killed enemies in one hit randomly. Why bother waiting forever for sword tech to charge or risk screwing up a blitz combo when you can do that much damage with a regular attack?

Your characters were just teh lose

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Because blitz moves are so easy to do you'd have to be a complete fool to mess one up. It's not just blitz and swdtech etiher. Tools are also much more powerful than fight and can hit multiple targets. The only characters who SHOULDN'T use their special abilities constantly are Relm, Mog, Celes (although she should definitely use it when it's needed), and possibly Shadow if you're running low on stars. If you do a tons of damage just using fight, you'll do even more using special commands.

Besides that, not all characters make good fighters. Terra, Celes and Strago were clearly meant to be mages, and their magic abilities are a lot more useful to them than fighting. ESPECIALLY where Strago is concerned.