Thread: ACK Xbox 2 to have "micro fees"

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

ACK Xbox 2 will have "micro fees"

From what I've seen on the screensavers (g4techtv) and What microsoft put on its xbox site... They're gonna be charging "micro fees" for stuff in games!!! if you want to buy a part for your car in a racing game, you'll actually have to pay microsoft for it @_@
    New weapons, maps, lvls, ect will all cost you!!!
    Plus all the games for the next xbox will all utilize the same menus! Making them bland and all the same...
    The other major problem with xbox 2 is it wont be using any new technology for the media... no HD-DVD, no Blue-Ray... just normal dvds... WTF... I suppose since its online, you'll be dling what doesn't fit on the disc... but still, all the other systems are gonna use better formats...

Ok in this last one you can even see their plans to charge us!!!

BTW, this images came straight off of the XBOX site!!!! Although I first saw them on TSS and this site http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4107

I guess the whole I idea is for most the games to be all online... and to provide Microsoft with the best ways to make money...
    See they're doing it again!!! Evil Microsoft... I dont care how good your games look... (unless its the equivalent of .hack xD) I'm not playing...
    Besides... Nintendo seems to be making some great advances too. =P
    Last edited by Tidus Andronicus; 03-11-2005 at 03:17 PM.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Yeah. I was laughing my ass off at the part where they said "Be the envy of your friends when you buy a new car on line. It would be only 99 cents." I could not help but just laugh my ass off. If it is only 99 cents then your friend could easily buy it also.

On the bright side this puts the whole question of if they will have a hard drive or not. To download all this you will have to have one. Wait...extra fee for the HD at launch.

lol XD its Microsoft...
    should have seen this coming XD

They're trying to make their control over us seem cool...

I just don't see how they even came up with the idea to charge us for everything we do in the games... and actually thought it would work... well, yea, I'm sure Xbox 2 will still have its popularity... @_@ but comon... XD

I'd take monthly fees over fees for ingame stuff anyday xD

Lol, I just found this on the same forum i discovered the pictures:
    http://assemblergames.com/images/news/xbox2reality.jpg
    Pretty funny photoshop xD

I honestly don't see a problem with this. The origional XBox has DVD and HGTV capabilites so I'm sure XBox 2 will have that upon release.

If you're paying to download new content then I don't see a problem, I mean whe you get a PC game and the expanson pack for it comes out you gotta go down to the store and buy that too so having them download stuff straght to the console harddrive makes it easier, and probably more cost effective.

I can see charging for XBOX live because they provide the servers for the functionality like friends lists and they "police" everyone for the companies. But these little charges are bull. I see it as making developers lazy by not making a finished product for me to buy.

Its not just paying for new content or paying for an expansion... its paying for features that already exist in the game...
    Do you want to pay for new weapons, new maps, items, and lvls? Rather than just uncover or unlock them, you'll have to pay for them?? O.o it just doesn't seem right... or make any sence...
    They want to charge us to be able to beat the games?
    And if we let them get away with this kind of thing... it only shows them that they can charge us for even more!
    Whats next? Charging us for the air we breath while we play the games XD?

I don't have a problem with expansion sets. They took the time to make a whole new game using the same engine. They made a story, added new classes, added new items, added new abilities, added new monsters and everything else that goes into making a new game except for a new engine to run the game on. With this download content you would pay for all of that separatly and would amount to more than an expansion pack would cost. I also don't want to download a 7 gig file. I want to drive 10 minutes to a store to get it instead of waiting a few days.