Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new world order

Banned

Default a new world order

a new world order is normally seen as a very bad thing, people warn over it, extremist groups talk of it as a good thing, people think the jews, the communists, the masons or the muslims all want to create one and it's all gonna ruin live and make us all slaves.

i actually want to put forward a different idea about a unified world. a positive one where all boundries are rendered void, all people in one nation. peacefully of course.

the way i would guess it would happen is by the a few coutries in the eu unifying or the eu becoming more powerful with greater reaching powers. at one point after that countries may be asked if they do or don't want to join the new united europe (the federal europe so many of us have been warned about) and so it no loner becomes a united europe but further reaching. i think japan would be a prime example of who might join. it may also happen the other way round the eu as it is at present will possibly allow non-european countries to join.

after that (which will take many many years) hopefully russia and turkey will get their ass in line and be allowed to join too. africa will hopefully get aid and will be able to get itself out of poverty and more democratic, the middle east might all be cleared up as well. so more countries would be welcome to join and as the union gets larger it will gain more power and will become more attractive. countries like the us china and north korea may never join as things currently stand but might eventually do so.

the way it guess it would run is that obviously it would be run free-trade and the government would need to democratically elected. freedom to live anywhere would be granted so as to remove areas with high population levels. i think it would need to be elected on a pyramid type structure like britain is today (it will need to proportional representation though) with county, state and the union government.

does any else believe that a united world would be a good thing for humanity and have any other views on how one day it may be created and how it would work?

Hey, I think having the world joined together as one unified country would be great. I mean, it sounds great in theory, doesn't it? No more wars and all that. But it would never work. People hate each other too much to ever join with each other. Do you think that Muslim extremists are going to want technically be the same country as America? No. There is too much hate in the world, too many different cultures that would never mix. If all the countries on earth joined to form one world order, there would be wars and fighting everywhere, and the world order would eventually collapse....and since at that point, there would be no more seperate governments, economies, etc., it could spell the doom of civilization as we know it. So, that's why a world order, as nice as it sometimes sounds, could never work. The same reason communism could never work the way it should: people themselves would destroy it.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's not about hate, really. People just want to do their own thing. So, if you ever got to a point where things were one world, one government, you'd quickly have people grouping together who wanted things to do things a certain way, and once they were all together, they'd demand sovereignty so their laws could reflect their beliefs, etc.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, it's supposed to signal the end times, but since they're going to happen anyways, might as well appease the people that don't buy into it.

but as it is, I find it sorta sad that all the countries in the EU are joining-- it just seems like it's taking their cultures and slowly eroding them, starting with their individual currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    It's not about hate, really. People just want to do their own thing. So, if you ever got to a point where things were one world, one government, you'd quickly have people grouping together who wanted things to do things a certain way, and once they were all together, they'd demand sovereignty so their laws could reflect their beliefs, etc.
    Exactly.

The new world is inevitable.. :evilking:

Although I would love to see a united world, it does seem somewhat impossible. ask you this, if the world was united under one country how would the leaders divy up natural resources? Unfortunately, there isn't enough of them for everybody. Hopefully in the future we will find an abundance of usable resources on a different planet such as mars. If that were to happen a united world might not be such a crazy idea.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say the world is far too large to be fully unified, and the populations too diverse. An impossible, if not wonderful dream.

Blog Entries

The only New World Order that will ever exist is going to exist in the world of wrestling.

And do you know what happens in that New World Order?

I'll tell you. People are fighting ALL the time!

Edit:
    I'm ending my comment here.

I'm often struck by the thought that, for instance, if Earth was visited by aliens and humans realized that we weren't alone in the universe, perhaps it would allow us to band together more.

Whenever you look at films that depict the future chock full of life in all shapes and sizes, Earth is always united, because perhaps, to survive humans need to stick together as they've now embarked on a much bigger quest.

Take care all.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

And thats what I have to say. Of course, it would be great for frontiers to fall, I'm all for it, but it seems quite impossible. Maybe someday, it would be nice, but of course, if the world was united, it would need to be under no goverment, or something like that, and frankly, I don't see that coming.

a united world is a nice idea, but it requires a lot of time. There is still a lot of conflict between people, not for economical resource only, someone still wants libery, other still want their religions to dominate.
    I don't think the UE will reach most of the non-european countries. Some europeans still remember the problem that countries like Grece or Portugal had to enter the union.
    It would be great, but i don't think i'll live to see it (i'm 18, so figure...)

Ideally this sort of union would have already happened, but there's still far too much conflict between nations for a 'United Earth' to be established any time soon. To create a single worldwide state would require massive economic and political overhaul, not to mention complete co-operation from every existing government. The chances of communist dictatorships joining forces with Washington and Brussels are slim at best.

It's not only governments, but individuals that would oppose such a system. Your average Britain stubbornly clings on to the Pound instead of adopting the Euro, and that's only a currency. Imagine the uproar that would be caused if we had to give up our own government and be ruled from halfway across the globe. Political and religious beliefs are simply too diverse to unite at the moment, and it will be centuries before we reach a stage where such a union is possible.

If it could be achieved it would be marvellous, but realistically I can't see it happening.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Well, I see a practical problem with a NWO. Namely that as the government represents more and more people, it becomes less responsive to them.

A legislator in a city government (county council or whatever you want to call it) represents a few hundred people -- he can actually talk to them and somewhat know what they want. So if you call/email/walk in his office/ to tell him what you think about an issue that is being debated, he'll have time to think about what you as an individual think. But when you get higher up in the republican form of government say to the national level -- the same person has to have a staff of 4-5 to keep up with everything. The legislator has no idea what's going on and relies on polls and other shortcuts because he can't talk to each and every person. You're essentially a face in a crowd, and at the national levels, probably a crowd in the hundreds of thousands. Go to an International system, and the problem gets worse. Now you're one in a croud of tens of millions, and the legislator has a staff of 100 or more to keep up with all the phone calls/emails/ and quite frankly, even though the government is a democracy, your voice and vote isn't as important if you aren't in the majority. This is one of the reasons that lobbying groups are so prevalent in the USA (I think Europe too), unless you are part of a large group, minority opinions don't matter all that much.

So as far as that goes, I oppose NWO type one world governments because they tend to ignore individuals and small groups.

I think it would be a great idea to have total world unification. No more hidden military technology, we could see the true extent of our own greatness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.