Thread: What happens when you breed 2 pumped up wonderful chocobos?

Default What happens when you breed 2 pumped up wonderful chocobos?

Ive looked through 30 kazillion chocobo guides and they all either say to make green and blue chocobos by either mixing two greats twice, or a great and a good twice, or great and goods of opposing gender. Some said the 2 greats only worked on certain versions. ONE guide said just use good OR BETTER. Another said that a wonderful bred with either a great or good (he wasn't clear) didn't produce green or blue chocobos. (But he also didn't say how hard he tried)

Does ANYBODY know what happens if you pump two wonderful's full of sylkis and race them to S- class and breed them with each other? The reason I ask is because they would be easier to race to s-class, and they would give me a head start on making a super gold chocobo with highest possible speed.

I don't know why noone would have mentioned this considering how many rpg players are the power gamer types and whos first instinct would be to start breeding wonderful chocobos...

You just have the option of breeding a regular chocobo. You aren't guarenteed another wonderful chocobo after those two pumped up s-class wonderful chocobo. That's as far as I know, I played through two copies of FFVII, and almost played through a third copy, so I need a fourth copy of VII. My suggestion is just raise the black chocobo and wonderful to s-class, max out on sylkis, get a gold, max out on sylkis, and you'll get a speed around 190-210 with around 1400-1500 stamina. Still sufficient enough to beat those in the S Class Race. If not, go ahead with your idea, what's to stop you. You can save before mating, and hope to get another wonderful, and get that fed to the max, raced, and find out if it's better than its parents. It sure is depleting for your gil though.

I have more than 5 million gil plus a ton of mastered materia to sell... I tend to level a bit much.

But so you definitely can't get blue or green chocobos this way... This was really what I was asking, it hasn't been pointed out in any of the guides I have read.

Well in any case I know in the pc version at least you can still breed more than one gold chocobo and continue to build stats through generations until some cap.

To get blue and green chocobo, mate a great chocobo with a good chocobo with a carob nut. I havent gotten a blue and green chocobo through mating wonderful chocobos together. Oh yeah, it's still possible to breed slightly better golds through more breeding, afterall, chocobos get their abilities from their parents as well as themselves.

River chocobo - male great , female good
    Mountain chocobo - male good , female great

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635

Info on breeding can be found there.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I usually breed a great chocobo and a wonderful chocobo to get blue or green chocobo. Thatīs how I get better chocobos;they have more stamina etc.
    And to get a gold chocobo you have to use a wonderful one too.
    I donīt know does it matters really but I donīt use the same wonderful chocobo everytime. Somehow it seems that you canīt get the chocobo you wanted if you use the same wonderful chocobo.
    Apparently those chocobos donīt want to breed with their mother/father or atleast the result is a common chocobo.
    This may not make sense(in real life yes) but I choose my chocobos carefully and use/try to use different lines.
    Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I belive, is rare kind of happiness ~ lonely soul, ocean soul

Quote Originally Posted by Maya
    I usually breed a great chocobo and a wonderful chocobo to get blue or green chocobo. Thatīs how I get better chocobos;they have more stamina etc.
    OOOOOHHHHHHH!!! Im not interested in chocobo guides like the billions of others on the internet that just tell you to mate goods and greats and say nothing else. This is what I was asking!!! She says she CAN get blues and greens with wonderful chocobos.... Have you ever gotten blues and greens by mating 2 wonderfuls with each other Maya?

I swear all those guides and no mention of it, its like theres some kind of worldwide mental block on considering the idea. Even here the thread title asks directly what happens with 2 wonderfuls and several people ignore the question and compulsively chant "GOODS AND GREATS!! GOODS AND GREATS!!!"

Great chocobos simply breed out as great chocobos. Nothing else. And the stats of the parent chocobos (if they're pumped) result in a better starting choco than the parents. I'm pretty sure, if you don't pump up the two chocobos, the offspring is a randomized average of the parent choco stats. But, no, all you get are more wonderful chocobos.

Also, if you breed chocos other than the color result system, you get the possibilty of raising your baby's type. Breed two S-class good chocobos, and you could get a great. Two greats could, theoretically, become a wonderful. It's only ever happened once, with my good choco's, because I wanted an S-class good, something I couldn't do with my normal good chocs... and instead of catching a new one, I bred them, and got a great choco... There went THAT plan, I already had my S-class greats.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

Have you ever gotten blues and greens by mating 2 wonderfuls with each other Maya?
    To be honest, I donīt remember. It has been a while since I played the game.
    But if I recall right, you donīt. I believe that you need that great one.
    I have done experiments to get better chocobos which might win that guy with black chocobo.
    If youīre lucky, you might get better chocobo than its parents. I have.
    Just remember to save before you breed anyone. Then you donīt loose anything. Just do it over and over again untill you get chocobo you want.
    Too bad thereīs not enough room to make bigger experiments. I liked breeding chocobos. I bought all stables and still I was lacking room.
    Getting blue and green chocobos with different sex is the most challenging part. I had to do serious breeding plan to get what I wanted.
    It was really fun!!!!
    Well, maybe I should go play that part again and tell you what happens.
    Letīs make new chocobos!!!
    Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I belive, is rare kind of happiness ~ lonely soul, ocean soul

Quote Originally Posted by udsuna
    Also, if you breed chocos other than the color result system, you get the possibilty of raising your baby's type. Breed two S-class good chocobos, and you could get a great. Two greats could, theoretically, become a wonderful. It's only ever happened once, with my good choco's, because I wanted an S-class good, something I couldn't do with my normal good chocs... and instead of catching a new one, I bred them, and got a great choco... There went THAT plan, I already had my S-class greats.
    Just out of curiousity, how do you even tell what the offspring are? I mated 2 wonderfuls and got a dark chocobo with its head down, and it made no mention of its worthfulness. Also after he told me a chocobo was great I checked it again in the stable to find its head down in the dark as well. Then after I raced it to S-Class, it was running with its head down. Anotherwords, as far as I could tell the stance of the chocobo once it was in the stables represented its racing rank (this was in the computer version)

Also the easiest way in my experience to beat A class is to give your chocobo 99 sylkis greens and then race the long course, and run as much as you can holding down the stamina replenshing buttons.

@ Maya

Would you happen to remember what nut you used to mate the wonderful and the great to a colored chocobo? I have tried male wonderful and female great both s-class fully fed with a carob nut several times and failed. Also what version of the game do you play?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

This is what happens when I breed chocobos...*sob*
    Oh, the horror!

[QUOTE=kriminal99]Just out of curiousity, how do you even tell what the offspring are? QUOTE]

The offsprings sex is told when you can name that chocobo and that, is he/she good/great/wonderful you can ask it from that chocobo guy in highwind. Just ride with your chocobo to highwind and go to see him and ask. That goes to your own and catched chocobos.
    Another way is to look how they are in the pen outside the stables. And when you decide which chocobo to get in the stables itīs shown there. That chocobo stable guy tells you that.

Would you happen to remember what nut you used to mate the wonderful and the great to a colored chocobo? Also what version of the game do you play?
    I used that nut that you should use, carob nut.
    It took me too few times to get a colored one. If it didnīt work. I released one of them and got a new one and tried with that.
    I never raced great chocobos further than they could. Though I think I didnīt fed them so much. I donīt really remember.

My game is pc-version, I think.