Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Its a 2300!
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Default Minimum requirements, and other stuff...

Okay, as far as minimum requirements are concerned, I like Bacon-Bits's idea of testing the beta on older machines. I think most people should have little or no difficulty playing this.

As for the summoner quest, I have come up with a solution which will involve several trials throughout the dungeon. These may include puzzles, battles, and floor mazes, among other things. The dungeon will probably include all of the things which I mentioned as possibilities in my earlier post. This game is almost done, folks! I'm excited about it...
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

Well in that case I'll start firing up my old machines in case there are any problems that I'll need to sort out with them. When the betas are released, you can expect crude system requirement estimates in the next day or two.
    The Mighty Bacon-bits needs no stinky sig.

are you including the rm2k3 exe with the game files? I only ask this because alot of ppl who release rm2k/2k3 games usually dont

Quote Originally Posted by mihalis
    You won't need RM2k3 to play this, as I'm including the runtime package...

oh heh, missed that part

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mihalis
    game is almost done, folks! I'm excited about it...
    As am I. But for the sake of sanity, PLEASE back-up the game onto CD. I can see a horrible thing of your HD like dying just before the release date.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power

As am I. But for the sake of sanity, PLEASE back-up the game onto CD. I can see a horrible thing of your HD like dying just before the release date.
    WHOA... bad Karma!! Good thing I don't believe in that stuff... (knock on wood)... hehe
    I'm keeping backups of everything. I'm not concerned about losing my work.

Here's a quick update for today:

*FINISHED ALL THE MAPS!!
    *Finished uploading all the sprites.

Left to do:
    *Some event coding & dialogue. Almost done...
    *Bug fixes

EDIT: I've run into a few bugs that need to be worked out. These are little bugs in the scripting for the Summon Magic shop (for the three summons that you can buy). I've also run into the problem that even when you are "Stone" condition you still seem to take damage from certain attacks. I'm working on this...
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-23-2005 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Bug report...
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

in regards to adding a new opponent to the pirate battle... Bikke the healer wouldnt help much, seeing as how the pirates die within one hit...

I LOVE that you're doing this!! but, i'd like to request a multiplayer mode... finish the game then have the opportunity to duel someone with the dreamteam you've made.

it wouldnt take that much connectivity, just a stable connection for an hour- lol.

a duel with another character could take hours- so maybe... NO ITEMS would be a good idea...

i'm sorry if any of this has already been addressed... there are 4 pages of this...
    there are some things i can see at last, the voices of angels i can never grasp, the sights of sore eyes that i will despise, until dusk turns to dust and birds turn to flies.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

RPG maker doesn't have any network capabilities whatsoever. So that'd be pretty much out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward
    in regards to adding a new opponent to the pirate battle... Bikke the healer wouldnt help much, seeing as how the pirates die within one hit...

I LOVE that you're doing this!! but, i'd like to request a multiplayer mode... finish the game then have the opportunity to duel someone with the dreamteam you've made.
    Fun idea, but not very purist. But aside from that, would it even be possible with RPG maker? I doubt it. Although I am not familar with everything about the program.

edit: heh, comfirmed not possible as of just before i posted this.

it is a possibility. true that rm2k3 doesnt have network capability, but with the right networking programs and a few dev tools it's definitely possible.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire
    it is a possibility. true that rm2k3 doesnt have network capability, but with the right networking programs and a few dev tools it's definitely possible.
    Yes, it's entirely possible (and really, probably not that hard, all things considered) by hand-coding, but not through RM2k3, which is what the guy is doing.

Using SDL and some low level networking code, a C++ netplay battle of FF1 characters really wouldn't be hard at all with the sufficient knowledge of coding.

Request: Link to homepage for this remake be put in the creator's sig.

ive been sifting through this thread for an hour looking for a site.

I'd LOVE the chance to duel someone!! ESPECIALLY IF IT COULD BE ff5~
    i have an unbeatable combo~ but... that Doesnt belong here.

request that QUICK/REDx2/METEO be present in this remake?

redx2 + quick = chain
    redx2(meteo)1 (quick)2 + 2nd turn = redx2 meteo meteo + 3rd and final - meteo meteo

<3 the product of MUCH tinkering. i'm going to post it in the ff5 section of eyesonff...

and it doesnt belong here. but, can this spell combo be included in this new remake? and if it already is, MAKE SURE QUICK DOESNT WORK WITHIN QUICK~ unbreakable chains are SO cheap.
    there are some things i can see at last, the voices of angels i can never grasp, the sights of sore eyes that i will despise, until dusk turns to dust and birds turn to flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Using SDL and some low level networking code, a C++ netplay battle of FF1 characters really wouldn't be hard at all with the sufficient knowledge of coding.
    Someones already done so with RPG toolkit 2. HA!

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!