Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Quote Originally Posted by udsuna
    Anyways, if your updating everything else, you should probably add a whole new set of music scores. I am NOT a fan of the original's music. Aside the crystal theme, I like that... and little else.
    Are you joking? That music is classic man...I'm sorry, I cant agree with ya there -- I think you have to keep the original music.

Quote Originally Posted by udsuna
    Anyways, if your updating everything else, you should probably add a whole new set of music scores. I am NOT a fan of the original's music. Aside the crystal theme, I like that... and little else.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterriven
    Are you joking? That music is classic man...I'm sorry, I cant agree with ya there -- I think you have to keep the original music.
    I'm not a big fan of the orinigal music either. I find most of it alright but there are a few songs that I really like. But considering that this game is designed with "purists" in mind, perhaps keeping the orinigal music is in order.
    The Mighty Bacon-bits needs no stinky sig.

Default Updates...

Hey folks... I know I said I wouldn't post here until I had the game finished (which I don't), but there was something I just had to share with you, and I wanted to respond to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon-Bits
    I'm not a big fan of the orinigal music either. I find most of it alright but there are a few songs that I really like. But considering that this game is designed with "purists" in mind, perhaps keeping the orinigal music is in order.
    I have already decided to keep the original music, but I am also adding new music, primarily in the new Bonus World...which brings me to my next point!

I have finished part of the new Bonus World map and I wanted to let you sneak a peek at it! I'm trying to make the new maps with the same degree of intricacy as the ones in the original. That being said, have a look... (Tell me what you think!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mihalis; 03-24-2005 at 01:21 AM.

Keep up the good work!

Looks pretty interesting. Dare I ask how you get into and out of this "bonus world"?

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Very interesting. I might have to try this out when you are done with it.

I think that the bonus world is a new island. It looks kind of small to be an entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by mihalis
    I have finished part of the new Bonus World map and I wanted to let you sneak a peek at it!
    I think that's only a piece of the whole thing.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

A small suggestion: For this "Dark World" idea you mentioned...you can have all the regular classes transform to their dark counterparts.

Fighter/Knight: Dark Fighter/Dark Knight: Uses Dark Swords instead of Knight Swords, Knight has level 1-3 Black Magic. (Mystic Knight FF3j sprites?)

Thief/Ninja: Rogue/Overlord: Pretty similar to the Thief, but more of a preference to knives. Overlord has levels 1-4 Black Magic. (Kinda stumped in terms of sprite use...something dark elf-ish)

Monk/Master: Savage/Berserker: Ferocious guy. Can use Claws to aid his bare-handed attack. (Try the Viking FF3j sprite)

Red Mage/Red Wizard: Dark Mage/Dark Wizard: Forgot some of the higher White-level Magics and dabbled more in Black Magic. Mage can learn up to Level 6 Black Magic, but only Level 3 White Magic. Wizard can go to level 8 Black Magic (he can't use NUKE) and level 4 White Magic.

White Mage/White Wizard: Alright, it's gonna be kind of hard to convert a pure White Mage into Dark form. How about a fighter/mage that focuses on taking life from enemies and giving it to allies? That's all I can drop.

Black Mage/Black Wizard: He's dark enough.
    j0.

well with the "dark" white wizard (not a clue what to call him/her) you can make it where she has alot of offensive spells like harm for example. Maybe give her divine enhancement spells for weapons and evasion, etc. You could make spells that inflict divine damage (caus in rpg worlds, there are evil gods). If he's gonna make a "dark world" all he needs to do is pick up a Dungeons and Dragons player handbook to get ideas about making an evil cleric.

when i was making my own rpg after the ff3j project started to disband, thats what i did, because in my game you played as the evil characters. i wanted to make that, because you never see that that much in rpgs.

Well could make the "dark while wizard" a dark priest. Could call a "dark black wizard" a warlock.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think that CAPS were used to make the player undetstand that the item (or event or whatsoever) they were talking about was somewhat important for the completion of the game and should be remembered. So, I think youy sould stick with that (or else write those names in a different color or find another way to make them more visible).

By the way, good luck with your project

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

How long before this project gets shut down by Squenix for legal reasons?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I doubt it. First of all, there are billions of other FF remakes SE could go after. After looking thru the Chrono Ressurection for a while, I noticed that they planned to sell it on the Gamecube and X-Box. They got shut down because of that.

You might as well just cease and desist right now.