Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    Yeah I got the 27 one. What do I do after I save it? When I click it is it supposed to just open the game? Or am I supposed to have something to extract it or something like that? I know nothing about this. So I really dont know what to do.
    Open the file with either Winzip or Winrar. You may have saved it with an iffy file extension (my download defaulted to something like .zip%20), so be sure to rename the file .zip if this is the case. If you can't do that then just open the file through Winzip anyway and it should still open.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

AH... And here I thought you might be having compatability issues! Yikes. Okay.. this is rather simple: Just unzip the file using any kind of archiver like Winzip, PowerArchiver (my personal fave), or Pkunzip (an oldie)...

When it's unzipped, CAREFULLY read the instructions that come in the text file. You can't miss 'em. I know the installer is impossible to read, so I included a text file to walk you through the installation process. It shouldn't be too difficult.

NOTE: If you are having trouble accessing the server, wait a little bit. A friend of mine is hosting this for me, as opposed to a Web Space provider. Hence, the bandwidth is somewhat limited...
    Last edited by mihalis; 05-10-2005 at 05:11 PM.
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

Im quite impressed by how much work you've put in on this. One minor issue: the font doesnt display properly on my computer so all the "t"s looks like "l"s. Anyway, the gameplay seems fine to me!
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

I have a 56k modem. It is taking SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to download
    (time right now says 10 hrs DAMN) So it will take me a few days. If I go online again later will it continue to download?
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    One minor issue: the font doesnt display properly on my computer so all the "t"s looks like "l"s.
    You don't have the proper fonts installed. To correct this, copy the contents of the "Fonts" directory in the game folder to your Windows/Fonts directory. Depending on what operating system you are using, you may or may not need to restart. I'm using XP, and it worked just fine on mine without having to restart, although I have heard from other people that this doesn't fix their problem. You just need "MS Gothic" and "MS Mincho" to be installed.
    If you are still having difficulties with it after you have done this, I am not quite sure how to solve the problem. However, Microsoft would probably have the answer!

JaytodaP: As for your problem with the 56K download... well, it's a big game! I can't offer any quick solutions to make your download go faster. As for auto-resume, your browser may not support this feature automatically. However, if you use a download manager such as Go!Zilla, it will probably work.

NOTE: Believe me when I say I did what I could to keep the file size small! However, the game contains about 50 different tilesets, as well as sprites for every town, every character class (there are 15), every weapon, and so on... Needless to say, that's a lot of bitmaps, and that means a big file size... Sorry!!

By the way... As for taking DAYS to download, I just had to download disc 2 of ff9 (mine was scratched real bad)... That took over a week w/ bittorrent, and I'm on cable!
    Last edited by mihalis; 05-10-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Yeah i figured that would be the problem. Anyone know where I can get winzip?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

typ ein winzip in google

Thumbs up

claps vigorously....

i just spent a good 2 hours readin this entire thread front to back....inlcuding all the stupid "your gonna get shut down comments" and inappropriate references to ff5 magics...

i on behalf ov every member on thsi forum would like to thank and congratulate you on accomplishing this in the time that you have.....

ive used rm2k3 before and believe me that thing isnt easy to use unless you are good....and to pull this off....you are without a doubt a very skilled coder.....

ive been waiting in anticipation for this game every second of this thread...and before i download it i thought i would take the time to acknowledge your hard work and achievement....

i would also like to ask whever or not i could host the game on my site......not too sure about this one cos of the copyright with SE and what ahve you....but i thought id at least ask.....

so anyway...congratulations man....ff-fanatix recognises you as one hell of an ff-fantik...... good luck on your future endevours and hope to see some more stuff soon....

im off to give this baby a good run through...

Gimme a break!
    There is no good without evil.....
    ....So..Is it good to be evil or evil to be good

what's filesize? 20-30 megs is fine, considering. i'm 56k, that's a good 15 hours.

and the reference wasnt THAT inappropriate, Fanatix.
    "and inappropriate references to ff5 magics..."

i personally would like to see it in.

yes, he rox. mihalis, i love you. tell me when you're releasing it, and if squaresoft-enix EVER EVER EVER gives you any beef, contact me right away- i will NEVER lose this game if i can get ahold of it. i'll put it on cd and pass it out to every friend i have- i'll set up downloads to go all night- i'll put it on every damn site my friends own- if it's in ANY danger of being shut down. i gotcha back son. :)
    there are some things i can see at last, the voices of angels i can never grasp, the sights of sore eyes that i will despise, until dusk turns to dust and birds turn to flies.

Default eek!

I have discovered a few bugs in the Bonus World that I plan to fix eventually (when I have time). I will post these changes as v2.1 whenever I get around to them. Glad you folks are enjoying the game!

And I may yet still find some more bugs in your game. I have not had the time to play it at all since my last bug report to you.
    The Mighty Bacon-bits needs no stinky sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ff-fanatix
    i on behalf ov every member on thsi forum would like to thank and congratulate you on accomplishing this in the time that you have.....
    No, thank you! I'm flattered that so many people have taken an interest in this project. I hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by ff-fanatix
    i would also like to ask whever or not i could host the game on my site......not too sure about this one cos of the copyright with SE and what ahve you....but i thought id at least ask.....
    By all means, pass it around. Read the enclosed text file for more info. Just be sure to credit me (and Square too, of course) when you post it. Feel free to link to my page too.

I just uploaded v2.1 which contains the following bug-fixes:

(1) Corrected bug in the Bonus World in which Odin reappears in several battles after being summoned once... Silly me--I forgot to include a common event that turns the "Summon Odin" switch off outside of battle. Problem solved.
    (2) Corrected a minor bug concerning the purchase of summon magic (Bonus World).

Please note that while these bugs are present in v2.0, they should not affect gameplay at all unless you travel to the Bonus World, which is a heck of a lot of work. If you don't plan to go to the Bonus World, don't bother getting the new version. If you are interested in it, then you might want to download this one.

Bacon-Bits: The good news is that I have now played the game from start to finish, and it works all the way through. However, if you do happen to come across something that I neglected (that is worthy of an update), please let me know! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wayward
    tell me when you're releasing it...
    Check my signature. It contains a link to download the game.

Before I download it, I have a question.. I'm on a Mac... Is it compatible for mac users?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Before I download it, I have a question.. I'm on a Mac... Is it compatible for mac users?
    Sadly, I don't believe it is. This is a PC remake, not a Mac remake. A Mac remake would be a great idea, as it would be able to take advantage of all of the sound and graphics capabilities of Macintosh. Yet, because Macintosh is pretty unpopular in the programming community, I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. Sorry to disappoint you.

I just finished packing up a new gamedisk (v2.11) for all who haven't downloaded this game yet. It will be up shortly. However, if you have a previous version and your download speed is slow, don't waste your time updating.

Here's what's new in v2.11:
    (1) Tweaked the Leviathan and Bahamut battles to double their speed. I thought they seemed a bit too easy at level 40, and they are intended to be a pain in the ass until about level 45.
    (2) Fixed a few minor graphics bugs. They don't really affect your gameplay at all; I just found them annoying (ie. missing shadows, bushes where I had intended to put trees, etc...)
    (3) Added a new weapon: the "Golden Claw". This is the only weapon that the Master may equip while still getting twice as many hits. I thought I made the Monk/Master too weak, so this is a nice addition. This is a one-of-a-kind weapon found in a chest in the Bonus World.
    (4) Corrected some minor typos.

As you can see, the absence of these updates won't really interfere with your gameplay, but if you want to download them, you may now do so.

... no FF1 for me.... Unless I walk a whole 7 feet to my left where I can download it on my PC. Aw, man... I gotta move? Lame...

LOL. So, My next question is, What project are you going to undertake next? If you want to make an original game not a remake I'll lend my storymaking talents your way. I have a lot of cool ideas, you have mad skillz in making games, put us together and we got ourselves a spanking new RPG!

I've always been a fan of NES and SNES graphics and think that if they still made games for SNES/NES/genesis, we'd have a LOT more quality RPGs. I mean look at what you're doing with FF1. You are taking an already super game and pumping it full of new stuff and making it (hopefully) a way better game. I'm in favor of people making new RPGs and remaking old ones with updated ideas. Always a plus.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII