Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

what the hell are you talking about? He's not planning on selling it, he's just gonna release it to the world. As I said before, this is one in a billion+1 FF remakes out there, so why would they target one on a FF fan site?

Default *sigh*

.. grrrr!!! Okay, for those of you who have been very encouraging, I appreciate it! You have not been forgotten (Dragonfire and others), and i will make note of it in the closing credits when the project is finished! As for comments like 'you might as well cease and desist right now,' I have come entirely too far to quit, and I'm not even considering it! That being said, here's my progress so far:

*Vehicles all work (of course)
    *All town maps and castles finished, complete with dialogue (of course)
    *Dungeons finished:
    (1) Marsh Cave
    (2) Earth Cave
    (3) Titan's Tunnel
    (4) Gurgu Volcano
    (5) Ice Cave

Left to do:
    (1) Waterfall
    (2) Sea Shrine **ugh!--this will be hard**
    (3) Mirage Tower/Sky Castle
    (4) Castle of Ordeals
    (5) Temple of Fiends-Revisited **ugh!, again**

*NOTE on the new class system:
    -I like the idea of dark classes, and will make them available, but not automatic. In other words, you'll have to earn each class individually. There will be a Dark Knight quest, a Summoner quest, a Sage quest, and so on...
    For the Sage quest, I was thinking of building a dungeon which only wizards could enter--Red Wizards, Black Wizards, White Wizards, and maybe Summoners... You would have to enter ALONE. One wizard would have to complete the dungeon solo--the monsters, of course, would be capable of being defeated by a solo wizard, although I haven't decided what they will be yet.

In order to return to the 'normal' world, you will have to go through a cave filled with.... guess what??? Malboros!!! Lots of 'em! The Light Warriors will stink so much of 'bad breath' when they return... ah

I'm still keeping the end of April as the completion date! I hope that I come through as promised... Until then, thanks for the (positive) input!

I, for one, still think this is a great idea. Square-Enix may be anal-retentive and greedy but if they try to stop all the little projects like this they're going to have their hands full.
    The Mighty Bacon-bits needs no stinky sig.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I was being faecious my man. Chill out! I am looking forward to this, I was taking a jab at SE's backward, anti-fan mentality.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I liek the idea of earning them, but what if you don't have a mage/wizard, but want to try out the summoner/etc. quest anyway?

Default about turning on the fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    I was being faecious my man. Chill out! I am looking forward to this, I was taking a jab at SE's backward, anti-fan mentality.

Heh... well, have you ever heard of White Wolf games (Vampire the Masquerade)? A few years ago, they decided to attack their own fan club, 'the Camarilla,' a national organization of LARPs (Live Action Role Plays) and demanded that the group disband and stop using their name... Unfortunately, this caused a sharp decline in the company's sales, as the Camarilla was their biggest customer.
    The RIAA refused to work out a deal with Napster back in 1999 when BMG music realized that the internet might offer some new avenues for selling music. Instead, they turned on the fans and began suing people... Record sales have declined sharply ever since, particularly for bands that spoke out against MP3 file sharing. Still, the RIAA continues to beat this dead horse.

The only thing I can say for Square-Enix is that they ought to heed the follies of others and think before turning on their own fans. Sometimes that can be a dreadful mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    I liek the idea of earning them, but what if you don't have a mage/wizard, but want to try out the summoner/etc. quest anyway?
    Well, the Summoner quest will not require you to have a Wizard... Only the Sage quest will. I think it's only fair that only a Wizard can become a Sage. After all, you can't become a Wizard if you don't have a Mage. I am also going to make quests for other classes only, such as a quest for only Ninjas and Knights, and maybe one for only Black Belts (completion of this may allow them to use magic). The Sage quest may allow summoners to participate, which would mean you could start off as a fighter, become a knight, change to summoner, and then become a sage. Just a possibility... I haven't really worked this out yet.

I did finish the Malboro cave (the one which will lead back from the Bonus World)!! I wanted to let you sneak a peek, but I don't want to include spoilers either, so here a few shots of it that won't ruin the surprise...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mihalis; 03-29-2005 at 12:18 AM.

Looks good.I wish luck to you.
    Now this motivates me to get moving on my 'EoFF RPG' project.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Dude keep it up. I have tried making my own games in the past with different game generators and a few times i just wrote strait up code (usually C++). It is not easy and i for one appreciate what you are doing.

I am not a lawer but i believe that as long as you credit squareenix for creating the game he should be fine and you don't have to stop until you get a cease and decist.
    Why do hot dogs come in packs of ten but hot dog buns come in packs of eight?

Don't laugh at people's pain, laugh at their face.

Default ff11 dude kinda looks like david bowie...

Strawberryman, your avatar from ff11 (sorry I haven't played the online game...) kinda looks like David Bowie in Labyrinth...

''It's a crystal, nothing but... But if you turn it this way, and look into it, it will show you your dreams!'' --Jareth

Anyways, I have the maps working correctly...(remember ''Push B Select''?)
    Mine will show when you type 123. They work just like the original, with an indicator to show your current location, and all of the points of interest sparkling...

I made one for the Bonus World and it works, too, but you'll probably have to buy that map in one of the towns in the Bonus World. As tempted as I am to show you both maps, I don't want to include any spoilers and so I won't... I'll let you find them on your own when the game is finished.
    Last edited by mihalis; 03-29-2005 at 03:33 AM.

Default More class suggestions

Yay, you liked my idea. I'm such a whore.

Anyways, here are some more classes. Most of these are lame and useless.

Comic/Demigod: Pathetic before Class Change, though afterwards, he becomes such a powerful force that a Knight barely has anything on him. Similar to Onion Kid/FEOK.

Guard/Royal Guardian: A Fighter-type character that focuses primarily on Defense. Equips heavy armors and great weapons but has low hit% and speed.

Geomancer/Elementalist: Learns a series of magic that utilizes the earthly surroundings in order to cause damage. This might be super-hard to program, though.

Bard/Minstrel: It's a bard...anyway, I would think he would use Songs instead of Magic, though they would be accessed from the same menu. There could probably be one song per level.

Hunter/Sharpshooter: Uses bows. This gives him very high agility, accuracy, and hit%, although he lacks good HP and Defense.

Conjurer/Summoner: You know it.

Pirate/Sea Lord: Uses light swords and can learn the ICE series of spells. His special feature is that he gets stat boosts while on the sea and in the Sea Shrine.
    j0.

Krazy, I like waht you're doing. You inspire me to use my 14 year old mind to make a game myself. But yeah, I have an idea. What if you could add like an airship city in the other world. Tune up your airship like in Need For Speed(Hydrolics Mang!!!). That be krazy.

I think that if you had the ship sprite be able to go into a whirlpool to it, then set an automatic event so taht the ship goes to the upper world entrance to the underworld. Then, set a switch to on so that the auto event stops. Then, when they go back to the upper world, you turn off the switch so it can start again. And, the Malboro cave shouldn't be accessable from the upper world.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyG
    Tune up your airship like in Need For Speed(Hydrolics Mang!!!). That be krazy.
    Remeber, this is somewhat for purists.
    so "Pimp my airship" (thank you for that excellent quote, necro.) is out.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    I think that if you had the ship sprite be able to go into a whirlpool to it, then set an automatic event so taht the ship goes to the upper world entrance to the underworld. Then, set a switch to on so that the auto event stops. Then, when they go back to the upper world, you turn off the switch so it can start again. And, the Malboro cave shouldn't be accessable from the upper world.
    Don't you worry! The Malboro Cave (and the rest of the Bonus World) are not only inaccessible from the 'normal' world, they are going to be quite difficult to find at all! The way the Bonus World will work is that you will need to use a particular item at a particular location (already in the game, but I'm not telling...). This will open a secret passage which is not normally visible in the game. You'll have to look real hard to find it! That passage leads to a designated place on the Bonus World map, and is ONE WAY. The Malboro Cave is the route back to the normal world from that world, but once you return from the Malboro Cave, you'll just appear right by Coneria where the game began. Your sailing ship and airship will also be warped back.

I will say, however, that all four orbs will need to be lit before you can even get to the Bonus World. Basically, you will have practically completed the entire game before you can get there...

WELL... I am almost finished with the original FF1 game! All I have left to do is the Temple of Fiends Revisited, and a few tweaks here and there... From here on out, I'm focusing primarily on the new sidequests! I'll let you know as soon as I have something ready for testing. Thanks again, folks!

Wow, I must say, your rolling right along. Looks great, and I for one am really quite interested in seeing this completed. Keep up the great work, mihalis.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.