Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Ooo...testing. Are you gonna hold a competition to the death for the rights to test, or just take in applications? This has got to be the first RPG Maker any version game that I have followed from inception to completion. Way to go.

Default beta testing, advertising, and texas ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    Ooo...testing. Are you gonna hold a competition to the death for the rights to test, or just take in applications? This has got to be the first RPG Maker any version game that I have followed from inception to completion. Way to go.
    Thanks dude! I appreciate your interest very much. As for the testing (which I foresee no later than a month from now if all goes well), I'd like to keep it within this community until the quirks are worked out... In other words, I haven't been posting on any other boards about it, and I'd like to try to keep it that way (so SE doesn't have the opportunity to shut it down before it's finished).

I will post a link to it when it's ready for Beta testing, but try not to pass it around until we get the bugs worked out. The way I see it, once it's complete (ie. no noticeable bugs), it can be passed around the net freely and I can take the site down. At that point, I don't care where it gets advertised (believe me, I'll be quite flattered if it does).

By the way, I'm from Texas, too! (orig. from Houston, now at TTU in Lubbock)

Wow this seems really cool, I DEFINITELY want to get to play it when you're done!

I'll beta for u. Plz!
    Did you know that neither Mr Pibb nor Dr Pepper use the little dot thingies for their abbreviations?
    Sword chucks, yo!!!
    Check it out Bm! It's a three leaf clover! Can you believe it? I'm the luckiest guy ever.
    Oh, it was your "at least thief ain't gonna get these five dollars" fund you told me to hide in my scabbard and the forget about.
    i thought I heard him say "muchkin overload."
    THE BLACK APOCOLYPTIC SKIES RAIN WITH SPIDERY DEATH! WHY HATH YE GODS FORESAKEN US! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    Wee! I am totally hailed.
    But then you wouldn't say yes, because you'd have to be here to say it, which would then negate you being here to say it because you not being here is what makes it ordinary according to what you just said even though you being here is ordinary anyway.
    --- Fighter

Default beta testing...

Quote Originally Posted by MarikTheYuke
    I'll beta for u. Plz!
    Of course! If you want to help test, I suggest you drop me an email at djtrixen@yahoo.co.uk and make the subject line: "FF1 Beta Testing". When the game is complete, I'll make sure you get one of the first copies, and of course you can send me e-mail with suggestions and bugs that need to be fixed.. Thanks again people!

I've love to help you test it, but I am too busy to do it in a timely manner. However, like I said, when it is completely I absolutely want it!

Default Great news!

Well, FINALLY I have some wonderful news!

I have completed the remake of the original Final Fantasy I. All that is left to do at this point is my Bonus World. Everything works correctly (as far as I know), and I'm beginning the alpha testing with a friend of mine who teaches computer science here at the university. I expect to have this stage finished in less than a month... Thanks again, folks!!! I am looking forward to releasing this as soon as possible.

yay! I can't wait!

Default SWEET!!!!!

For the sake of all that is Final Fantasy Please finish this! This looks so cool and i cant wait untill I can download it.
    P.S. I know I'll probally get SMACKED for this and I know it isn't a "purist" idea but you should have lasers in the secret world, but they only work in the secret world. they would always be "Ineffective" if used in teh real world.
    Come on there was a FREAKING WAR MECH in the air temple (which I always though of as being a spacestation before playing DOS.
    There could be a Gunner class that advances to Elite Gunner Class.
    But you have to fight alot of War mechs or something.

I know it might not work but, hey it worked for FFvii, and FFviii
    PLease don't hate me, it was just an idea.
    The secret to a perfect life: (SPOILER)Play every FF game ever made!

Default WarMech vs. lasers...

Quote Originally Posted by HackedBlackMage
    I know it might not work but, hey it worked for FFvii, and FFviii
    FFvii & FFviii are about when the series began to get crappy, in my opinion--really it started with FF6, when the character classes began to disappear, and they brought in all that high-tech garbage.

I agree: Lasers are not a "purist" idea, and sorry to say, I don't plan to include them... As for WarMech, I always thought of him (or should I say "it"?) as the precursor to the Omega Weapon... Not nearly as strong as Omega, but certainly his equivalent in FFI, due to Omega's absence...

This brings me to another point... I will be adding the Omega Weapon for all who are interested. Its graphic will be the same as WarMech's, with new colors of course, and obviously increased stats! Omega will have everything that WarMech has and then some.

I am also adding a 9th level of magic for Sages only. The spells will be as follows:

*(W)-POWR: Similar to the black magic SABR and TMPR, but affects the entire party for one round.
    *(W)-HEL4: Self-explanatory...
    *(W)-HRM5: Also self-explanatory.
    *(W)-REFL: Reflect Magic... Kinda like WALL, but (as most of you know, WALL in FF1 doesn't reflect spells back to their casters... this one will!)

*(B)-MTEO: Meteo. Nuke and then some... Self-explanatory.
    *(B)-TRVL: Finally, a spell that will let you travel freely to places around the world without the airship. Imagine, not having to hike to Lefein! Also warps the ship and airship.
    *(B)-DRGN: Caster becomes a dragon for the remainder of the battle--adapted from Dragon Warrior's "Bedragon" spell.
    *(B)-CTRL: ...Control one monster! I still need to do some work on this one.
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-03-2005 at 07:58 AM.

Don't worry I not upset about it. I was only asking. Besides Omega would be even better. I cant wait to see the Drgn Spell in action. Its default attack should be fire breath, instead of a weapon. (great idea about the Teleport spell.)

P.S. A little something i think the other forum readers were thinking.

WORK FASTER NOW!
    The secret to a perfect life: (SPOILER)Play every FF game ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by HackedBlackMage
    Don't worry I not upset about it. I was only asking. Besides Omega would be even better. I cant wait to see the Drgn Spell in action. Its default attack should be fire breath, instead of a weapon. (great idea about the Teleport spell.)
    I'm glad you're so anxious to see my finished product here! ;o) Fortunately, I have been taking my time on this, although I do believe I gotten most of it done very quickly (the project is only a month old). I've decided against something I said earlier--the CTRL spell, which would allow you to control monsters... The final results would just not be worth the amount of effort it would require! However, I have finished the DRGN spell, and well... here's a snapshot of it in action!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-03-2005 at 01:17 PM.
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

This seems like its really gonna turn out well, good job on what you've done so far! One Question tho (you might have already addressed it or answered it but I couldnt find it)

is the battle system gonna be a ATB like in FF7? or are you keeping the original system? I've noticed the ATB bar in that SS of the dragon so I would just like to know.

I'm really excited about this, I cant wait to get my hands on it!

Default About ATB Battle system

Quote Originally Posted by Dante WolfWood
    This seems like its really gonna turn out well, good job on what you've done so far! One Question tho (you might have already addressed it or answered it but I couldnt find it)

is the battle system gonna be a ATB like in FF7? or are you keeping the original system? I've noticed the ATB bar in that SS of the dragon so I would just like to know.

I'm really excited about this, I cant wait to get my hands on it!
    Dude, I hate the ATB battle system as much as you probably do, and I would like nothing more than to get rid of it. However, one of the worst limitations of RPGm2003 is that I can't! Therefore, I'll include the option to switch from "Active" to "Wait." This way, if you want Active real-time battles, you can have them, and if you want it to be more like the original, you can turn them off.

NOTE: The time it takes for the ATB meter to fill up will be based on your # of hits at your current level, and so will the monster's meter... For instance, Kraken gets 8 hits. If your Ninja is getting 6 hits per round at that point, he'll still get in 3 hits to Kraken's 4. The damage done in a normal round in the original will be divided by your number of hits, so it will all work out... The only difference will be that you can make different choices for each "hit"--(so can the monster!) This will actually add a degree of difficulty, believe it or not!

I'm also going to randomly place sages throughout the game to give you info about the remake... they will say something to the effect of "I am a student of Mihalis, and I'm here to answer your questions, etc.. etc.."

I'm also adding ME to the game (in the Bonus World). My NPC will be at the castle of Yulthorpe, which you might find eventually... I will give you hints and advice pertaining to the Bonus World at that point (my walking graphic is my Avatar here).

Here's a quick update of what I've done for the Bonus World so far:

*The entire 256x256-tile overworld map
    *Malboro Cave--tunnel back to real world (of course)
    *Town of Geheimnis (German for "mystery"), seen in my sample screenshot of "part" of the Bonus World map...
    *DRGN and TRVL level 9 magics

Next I'll be working on the Sage and Summoner classes, and the "Spring of Enchantment" dungeon.

Drinking from the "Spring of "Enchantment" will be required in order to enter the Castle of Wisdom to become a Sage, and also to be able to use items such as Phoenix Downs, Elixirs, and Ethers (as well as certain other items).

Thanks for your interest!!
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-03-2005 at 03:11 PM.
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

hmm, the battle system sounds like its gonna be interesting, seems innovative, cant wait to see how it turns out!