Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Why are you reading this man? Make the damn game!

In all seriousness this sounds very cool, and I can't wait to try this out.

be patient, Venom. Good games take time.

Default New music in the Bonus World...

I accidentally posted to a new thread instead of 'Reply' ... oops! =O Anyways, I have written my very own dungeon theme for many of the dungeons in the Bonus World, and it will be used in addition to the original ones. I needed a "slower" one to set the mood in certain places, so that's what this one will do!

I have attached the tune in case you're interested, and thanks again, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    oh, man. I just remembered I don't have RM2K3. Damn, I need to d-load it. Or get Coby to get it for me :P.
    You won't need RM2k3 to play this, as I'm including the runtime package...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-04-2005 at 12:02 AM. Reason: reply to post...
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

oh, man. I just remembered I don't have RM2K3. Damn, I need to d-load it. Or get Coby to get it for me :P.

be patient, Venom. Good games take time.

Patience isn't a virtue anymore.

Default WOW!

Man I love that background music.

Your Second world should have a matching storyline, like an extension to the original. Like...
    This is were the four fiends once ruled over the people, but they rebelled and sent them into the first world and used the four orbs to seel them there and Garland was the one to release them (He might have been the good guy but turned evil and went threw the Malboro cave to free the Fiends. It would give alot more info about why Garland is evil. So we can get more background on the fiends as well.

Its only an Idea, but knowone else seems to be giving any ideas about the second worlds storyline.
    The secret to a perfect life: (SPOILER)Play every FF game ever made!

Default Background music & plot

I'm quite proud of that background music... Thanks! It's called "Beneath the Crust."

Quote Originally Posted by HackedBlackMage
    Its only an Idea, but knowone else seems to be giving any ideas about the second worlds storyline.
    I have given the storyline some thought, and I have decided that once you travel to the Bonus World, you will find important connections between the two worlds. I have even thought about the possibility of joining them in an "alternate realities" sort of way.

Without spoiling too much of the plot, I can tell you that the story begins with the Light Warriors visiting a graveyard...

It's a pretty exciting plot idea, and I hope you like it!
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-04-2005 at 04:18 AM.

[/QUOTE]It's a pretty exciting plot idea, and I hope you like it! [/QUOTE]

Hmmm....Graveyard, Hay maybe we'll get to see Links/Chrono's Funeral Just kiddin, I'dd probally cause Links funeral...not that i hate link, but a high level spell does kill any creature nearby

Now I haven't read pages 2-3 yet (I will get around to it!) But great idea! I am free to any testing you want. I have RPG Maker 2003, but I'm not that good at it (making that is, i'm fine at playing it!), but if you need any help, feel free to ask. (I don't have FFI, but I am planning on getting DoS soon....when the time comes)

Love the music!

With my new game I've just started (no doubt this will last all of one month) I am just making Job Classes...but Its proving to be quite difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by yuripa
    (I don't have FFI, but I am planning on getting DoS soon....when the time comes)
    Hey man you are missing out on a great game... I highly recommend it, but I suggest you play the original before you play any other version!

NEWS:
    I am going to release the a first edition of this remake without the Bonus World, for those of you who don't want to wait for the finished product... A friend of mine is going to host the game, and I will post my Remake, v0.9 as soon as he gives me the password for his server... As soon as it's up, I'll let you know! Still, I strongly recommend that you get the finished version after the Bonus World is complete... Also, many of the bugs which may be present in this version will be fixed by the second version... Thanks a bunch, folks!

P.S. If enough people play the version with the Bonus World and like it, I may consider doing a monthly series of Final Fantasy 'episodes'... Just an idea.
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-04-2005 at 10:07 PM.

[/QUOTE] P.S. If enough people play the version with the Bonus World and like it, I may consider doing a monthly series of Final Fantasy 'episodes'... Just an idea.[/QUOTE]

Why not keep adding things to the game like even more worlds, and new villians/fiends. It would be cool, or remake ff2/3 with more areas and more indepth stories.
    My first idea could work if you could take your save file from the earlier version, and then cut/copy/paste it into the new game so you could continue without having to restart.

HackedBM, the first quote tag doesn't need a "/".

Anyway, a prerelease would be alright. I won't get it until it comes complete.

Quote Originally Posted by HackedBlackMage
    My first idea could work if you could take your save file from the earlier version, and then cut/copy/paste it into the new game so you could continue without having to restart.
    I think that's a great idea, but it is going to take me enough hours to complete this Bonus World that I am going to want to take a break when I am through! Furthermore, I am also preparing to take the LSAT, and that is taking up much of my time as well.

As for having to restart your game (in the second edition, w/Bonus World), you should not have to do that... I am trying to keep it so that your old savegame will work on the second version. However, if I run into a problem that requires me to alter the stats of the character classes, you would have to restart in order for the changes to take effect. Hopefully that won't happen.

Anyway, a prerelease would be alright. I won't get it until it comes complete.
    I am doing the prerelease on the advice of a friend (the guy who will be hosting this). He suggested that if I didn't hurry up and do a prerelease, that people may just give up on it... So, if you want the "unfinished" version, fine. I will put it up first. However, I still strongly recommend you hold out for the completion of this! I promise I won't let you down!

Quote Originally Posted by mihalis
    I think that's a great idea, but it is going to take me enough hours to complete this Bonus World that I am going to want to take a break when I am through! Furthermore, I am also preparing to take the LSAT, and that is taking up much of my time as well.
    No biggy, everyone has a life. This isn't an *obsession* Besides if the save file thing works like that it would be cool.

As much as I want to play this, I will wait for the full version as well.