Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: I am working on a FFI PC Remake...

Default waiting for the full version...

As much as my friend suggested that I put an early release online, the consensus seems to be that people would rather wait and play the full version (which I would recommend). Therefore, the prerelease will only be sent to those involved in beta testing (which has not yet begun--I have received your emails, and you will get to test).

Here's what I've recently finished, and what I'm working on now in the Bonus World:

*finished town of Geheimnis
    *finished first dungeon (Geheimnis Tunnel)
    *finished Yulthorpe Castle

Working on:
    *Omega's Lair
    *Desert town of Bomka

Next, I'll be working on a dungeon called "The Pits of Malvicia". I'd give you more information about what these places are (I have it all planned out), but I would rather not spoil the surprise. I hope you are able to remain interested. Thanks again!
    The little purple man with the magical staff...

CHECK OUT MY FF1 PC REMAKE--GET IT HERE!!

that's sounds good, and maybe the people beta testing the "unfinishes" can tell you if they're are any bugs or problems hopefully b4 your done b4 the finished version and is released.

It looks pretty. I really think the whole getting in trouble for this is probably slightly overblown. FF resources are the most used in any game, and I think most people new to the makers try a FF remake as their first project. If SE tried to shut everythig down then they will be very very busy.

Yup, it's awesome. That's why I'm going to help beta test. And SE can stick it.
    The Mighty Bacon-bits needs no stinky sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon-bits
    Yup, it's awesome. That's why I'm going to help beta test. And SE can stick it.
    Well, the fact is that they haven't said anything to me yet. I'm glad they made such a great game (series), because without it, this would not be possible!

I'm still making slow progress on the Bonus World, but I have encountered a few bugs, and they've tripped me up quite a bit! Here's what's going on...

RPGm2k3 apparently has a bug in the software in which if a common item (ie. a story item such as the Mystic KEY) is selected in battle, and immediately afterwards an Event Command is executed (like my "Run" command--not the usual "Escape" which is included), then the Item will be USED UP! (Bad!!!!!)

Even though the items are in grey and appear to not be usable, this still seems to occur--if more than one person "uses" one of those items, it will crash the game.

Here's what I've done to fix it:
    (1) Changed all "Common Items" to "Skill Scrolls" which are infinitely usable, and are linked to a skill which does nothing.
    (2) Added the same "nothing skill" to every weapon and armor that cannot be used as an item.

Hence, many story items, weapons, and armor will appear to be usable in battle, but when used will simply waste your turn. They will not, however, be used up!

Another problem I've run into is that characters afflicted with the "STONE" condition still get up and cheer at the end of the battle... Yet, they will remain petrified in the next fight. I'm still trying to think of a way to work this out, and I may not be able to. This is minor, though, and it will not effect gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by mihalis
    Another problem I've run into is that characters afflicted with the "STONE" condition still get up and cheer at the end of the battle... Yet, they will remain petrified in the next fight. I'm still trying to think of a way to work this out, and I may not be able to. This is minor, though, and it will not effect gameplay.
    I know how to fix that If they are stoned, have a battle event that switches there charater set to a new one that is the stoned stance (Just the stoned stance for every thing on that set. including there victory pose.) then have it which character sets when you use soft.

easy as that!
    The secret to a perfect life: (SPOILER)Play every FF game ever made!

Default switching charsets...

I already thought of that one, but thanks! Actually, I discovered that in-battle character set switches don't work!! (In case you're wondering about the DRGN spell, I changed it a little--it will only transform you to a Dragon OUTSIDE of battle, but the effects continue until you revert back again-- However, Dragons only get 1 hit each turn, and cannot use magic--just "Flaming Breath")

However, switching battle sprites during battle is not possible (or at least i don't think it is) using rpg maker 2003...

couldn't you use a common event, with an if>then switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    couldn't you use a common event, with an if>then switch.

Yah that would probally work...I haven't used RPGmaker for a few months but if you need to just ask us to test somthing we can try.

Default problems...

First, about calling common events in battle mode:

RPGm2003 has a problem with calling common events in battle. Whenever a common event is called in battle, it doesn't work correctly (there are several posts about this problem on other boards, and it is simply a bug in the software). Even common parallel processes stop during battle...
    *NOTE: For several events for the battles, I had to go back and individually paste the same page 500+ times because I had already finished the monster groups database!. This was a b*tch! (Right now, each battle has 7 pages of event commands).

Something quite discouraging happened today as I was working on new dungeon music for Omega's Lair... FruityLoops crashed!!! ...and because I hadn't expected it and hadn't saved, I lost 3 hours of work on some awesome background music... Therefore, I'm probably just going to keep the same cave music for the entire dungeon, even though it has two parts and two tilesets.
    **unless... One of you people happens to also be a musician, and you want to send me some of your music. If it is good, I will try to work it into the game.
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-08-2005 at 10:29 PM.

don't let this discourage you. By letting do so, you may give up on the game. Just keep trucking on, and it'll get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalioniaf
    don't let this discourage you. By letting do so, you may give up on the game.
    ?! Not a chance!!! I've put way too much time into this already to give up. I will certainly not be doing that! At best, I may get all of the bugs worked out. At worst, the ones which remain will not interfere with gameplay whatsoever. This will be a fine piece of work, I promise.

By the way, I am about 25% through the Bonus World... Omega's Lair is complete, and the Omega Weapon is a supreme badass.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

oh god yes!!
    a new FF1 i have played all versions exept the WSC but its the same as the pso.

But i hope square wont know about this.

you dont think they shut you down if they getr wind of this?
    ONly us members of eyes on ff will know.

i cant wait for it to be complete!!

Default The latest screenshots...

Here ya go, folks. These are the latest screenshots from the Bonus World. The first three are from Omega's lair, and the last one is from Taumisa, the village of Sages (on your way to the Castle of Wisdom to become a Sage).

EDIT: I'm uploading yet another screenshot! This one is from the Taumisa Tunnels, near the Castle of Wisdom (Sage quest)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mihalis; 04-11-2005 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding a screenshot...

Default SWEET

This is gonna be one sweet game, Not even square Enix could have thought of something like this.