Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone hate this game?

Default Why does everyone hate this game?

Personally this is my favorite final fantasy. But why does everyone hate it, I mean a hear people say it to hard, but how can that make a game crap, and lets face it, it not that hard.(i think VI is harder). From when I first played it I was hooked and I still am now.

Blog Entries

First off, it's a lot harder than VI.

Second off, the game has dialogue that is so bad it nearly ruins the experience.

Third off, that's about it. It's a perfectly fine game, and definately worth playing. The problem lies wholly in the butchery of their backward attempts at charcter development.

The job system is awesome.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

I love this game and it's absolutely not too hard. I'm currently playing it without using the "ability" command and without any kind of equipment at all... and I still think it's a bit too easy. Anyway... a hard game is better than an easy game in my opinion. And FFV actually have a some intressting battles. As for storyline, gameplay, characters etc... I think the gameplay is amazing, the characters are not as great as those in FFVI but still very good, the story is entertaining, cool, awesome and fun and the music is, while not the best in the series, still awesome.

There's absolutely nothing wrong about this game.

Gotta quote my dawg, Strong Bad, about this game. "Holy, holy, holy, holy, holy crap!" That's how fun this game is.

The job system is fresh, the summoned creatures kick all ass, and though the dialogue's f'ed up, so what? It's been bad in Final Fantasy IV for the Super NES, and that didn't stop me from thinking that game was dooooope!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They can't accept that one of the main characters can have a heart warming laugh, compared to the crapping-yourself laugh that is Kefka's.

galuf's laugh warms my heart.

Articles

Well, there is an active forum dedicated to it, and the series continued following FFV, so I can assure you that not every one hates it.

The story should be ignored altogether. I suppose I shouldn't say that, but I wouldn't go into it expecting an epic. It's major pro, and the biggest contribution to its fun factor, is the Job System - I love it. One could play for hours trying to earn the AP to master jobs.

I dont think people hate this game...
    its on of those underrated game I would say....or perhaps people are so bussy discussing FFVII that they dont care about any other game...
    I really like this game...
    job system rocks!!!
    Don't be afraid of shadows, it only means there is light shining somewhere behind...

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Honestly, I can't think of a time I've heard someone say they hate it. :/

this game was hella-hard ... I was probably the most excited on beating the final boss in this game than any other final fantasy to date ... let's just say it took me a few tries=p Anyway it was the first final fantasy with the job class system that has been seen in games like fftactics and ffxi which is cool. But it lacks that "epic" feel that FFVI and beyond have ... the story is basically the same tune we've heard over and over again ... power of the crystals is ebbing away ... evil dude wants to reduce the world to darkness.. ya u get the picture

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How exactly is it hard?

Maybe it's because I played it with an emulator, but it was the first one I played, and I had more trouble with a lot of the later games more than this one. . .

(of course I used liberal walkthroughs too, but still, that goes for the later games as well.)

i thought this game was ridicoulously hard. i didnt even beat it! got to N-zone and then sucked to much to continue. id say its the 2nd hardest, after 2. and people didnt like the plot or dialogue? i dont remember anything bad about the dialougue (i loved the dialougue in 4 as well though...)

Blog Entries

The plot was fine. I guess the dialogue made more sense than 4.

But, good grief, those little bit scenes were so anticlimactic! I hated it! I couldn't stand it! There were so many cuyt scenes where everybody was suddenly overcome by some treacherous problem, my favorite on to mention being when Reina ate the Hiryuu weed and got poisoned, and then... And then... It all solves itself! Way too much ado about nothing Way too often.

A horrible thing to do to a game. Sabotage it like that so people who enjoy RPGs for story as well as play will have less fun.

Other than that, it was a great game. It wasn't too hard. It was harder than VI, but VI was really easy. And it had the cool class system and it had Galuf. Galuf is one of the most major plusses to the entire Final Fantasy series. Because Bartz, Reina, and even Faris were kind of dud/stereotypical/devoid of personality characters, he really shines.

I've played FFV and I like it, it's very special

¿Nuestros recuerdos nos derrotaron?

Ya es hora de cambiar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr

But, good grief, those little bit scenes were so anticlimactic! I hated it! I couldn't stand it! There were so many cuyt scenes where everybody was suddenly overcome by some treacherous problem, my favorite on to mention being when Reina ate the Hiryuu weed and got poisoned, and then... And then... It all solves itself! Way too much ado about nothing Way too often.
    Well, I find it pretty humorous. Bartz even says something like "Geez... everyone is overdoing it" at the point where Reina eats Hiryuu weed. Not really "the joke of the year", but good enough for a small laugh.