Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *gasp* Don't hurt my masculinity!

Default *gasp* Don't hurt my masculinity!

Okay, I was just browsing around and spotted a "Who's the hottest character?" thread in the FFVIII forum and I think it's hilarious that us girls have no problem talking about both guys and girls that we think are "hot," but guys are the opposite. If you ask a guy what they think of another guy, JUST ABOUT HIS CHARACTER, NOT HIS LOOKS, they'll say something like, "I don't know, I'm not gay!" Just something to think about...

:<3:

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

this is not true

maybe i am gay

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Girls are more comfortable identifying other girl's hotness. As for guys, most are uncomfortable with that. I mean, look at me. I don't really care, but I can say which guy is hot, or not. xD But I really don't do it very often. I just avoid the subject altogether.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

If a guy freaks out when you ask him a question like that, he's obviously not comfortable with his sexuality. If he was, he wouldn't have to stuggle to prove the face that he's straight.

That just proves how comfortable you are with yourself Agent Proto. Congratulations! As your reward, I bestow you with Mr. Nibbles! :nibbles:

BTW, do you think Tom Welling is hot? jk

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am on record saying Beck is hot. Someone else I know expressed this recently and I was pleased.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Kimahri is freaking hawt. :<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:
    I like Kung-Fu.

Hey I'm straight and comfortable!

Hey!! ME! Over here!!!

I WANNA FREAKIN' MR. NIBBLES!!!!!
    Anyone can rule the world if they give it the ol' college try.

I tend to never be specific, and I don't care about much.
    Insecure people freak out. I do not.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

It isn't about being comfortable with my manhood or my sexuality.

The fact is simply that it isn't a guy thing to do.

Girls like to make each other pretty. They like to play dress up, and they like to play house, and they wear acrylics and shop together and compliment each other on dresses etc.
    They're also far more competitive for men, and have an inner desire to ridicule and ostracize ewach other. So they must understand fashion, and they must be able to criticize dress and hotness etc.

Men don't have this problem. Generally, we work in sweaty, filthy environments. We only look nice when girls are dressing us. We don't care what we all look like because the girls are too busy competing over us these days for us to be concerned. (We'll just take whichever girl hurls herself at us, and then the next and the next. Whatever.)
    Frankly, we have nothing to do with how good looking we are.

Then, when you ask me if one guy is better looking than the other, I'm forced to look and say... Say what? Heck, I don't know!
    I mean, if the dude doesn't have zits, is dressed up, has white teeth, and doesn't have bald spots, then I'm really at a loss to determine anything about how good looking he is.
    I'll say that I don't know. On a forum, I won't respond. It isn't my business to know. Even if I really needed to figure it out, my guess would be totally wild, or else entirtely innacurate.
    I mean, get off my case.
    I don't know. I sure as heck don't care. And I think that I can speak for most men when I say that I really have better things to do with my time than look at guys to determine which one is better looking. (And that's even if I knew how to make such a daring assumption)

As far as girl hotness... Well, that's the other side. We'll all compliment and criticize girls. But we're still mostly primal and immature about it. Plaster yourself with make-up! Wear the hippest, most in-style stuff! Do your hair! Get on those tight jeans! Wear your pink high heels! I'll be busy judging your breast size against faceless chick # 3, 4, and 5 over there.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr
    It isn't about being comfortable with my manhood or my sexuality.

The fact is simply that it isn't a guy thing to do.

Girls like to make each other pretty. They like to play dress up, and they like to play house, and they wear acrylics and shop together and compliment each other on dresses etc.
    They're also far more competitive for men, and have an inner desire to ridicule and ostracize ewach other. So they must understand fashion, and they must be able to criticize dress and hotness etc.

Men don't have this problem. Generally, we work in sweaty, filthy environments. We only look nice when girls are dressing us. We don't care what we all look like because the girls are too busy competing over us these days for us to be concerned. (We'll just take whichever girl hurls herself at us, and then the next and the next. Whatever.)
    Frankly, we have nothing to do with how good looking we are.

Then, when you ask me if one guy is better looking than the other, I'm forced to look and say... Say what? Heck, I don't know!
    I mean, if the dude doesn't have zits, is dressed up, has white teeth, and doesn't have bald spots, then I'm really at a loss to determine anything about how good looking he is.
    I'll say that I don't know. On a forum, I won't respond. It isn't my business to know. Even if I really needed to figure it out, my guess would be totally wild, or else entirtely innacurate.
    I mean, get off my case.
    I don't know. I sure as heck don't care. And I think that I can speak for most men when I say that I really have better things to do with my time than look at guys to determine which one is better looking. (And that's even if I knew how to make such a daring assumption)

As far as girl hotness... Well, that's the other side. We'll all compliment and criticize girls. But we're still mostly primal and immature about it. Plaster yourself with make-up! Wear the hippest, most in-style stuff! Do your hair! Get on those tight jeans! Wear your pink high heels! I'll be busy judging your breast size against faceless chick # 3, 4, and 5 over there.
    Speak for yourself. PLEASE speak for yourself.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Why? He's right for the most part. Besides, you act as if no guys act like what he described. A lot of guys do that.

As for the subject at hand, I don't have any problems talking about good-looking guys, online at least. Usually guys are too insecure about their sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Oh he can speak for me better than I can myself.

I really don't see why people link being comfortable with your sexuality to doing homosexual stuff like talk about whether or not other men are hot. Is there any scientific reasoning behind that? Or are you people just deciding that because we refuse to take part in something that most people would deem gay, we are unsure of our own sexuality?

I don't judge other guys' looks, not because I'm straight ... ok partly because I'm straight ... but because as Martyr said, it's a waste of time.

Sorry If I said something to offend you, Martyr...

Anyway, DaremihC, Dingo Jellybean, and DMKA, I bestow upon you each a... MR. NIBBLES!
    :nibbles:

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    Why? He's right for the most part. Besides, you act as if no guys act like what he described. A lot of guys do that.
    For the most part. I don't like being thrown into a generalize pile that doesn't fit me. If you don't mind that's fine.

But this is GC so I won't bother trying to be anymore serious.
    I like Kung-Fu.