View Poll Results: Have you been stung?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yes

37 78.72%
  • Nope

10 21.28%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wasps/Bees - Have YOU Taken The Bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys
    A few times. Not often, though, because when I see one I run in the opposite direction like the hounds of Hell were on my heels. Last time was when I ran over a wasp's nest with the lawnmower. They were not amused.
    Honestly, it's fun...inly if you're protected. A few years ago, there was a wasps' nest near my house. I had two cans of bug killer ready as I unleashed my hose full of cold water. They hate the cold, so obviously they became annoyed. I mean I had 2 HUGE cans, so there had to be at least 40000 wasps if they wanted to stand a chance against me. Luckily there was far less. I wouldn't do it again in the future because it's expensive(they were $9/can) and I'm sure those wasps(or the survivors) will call upon their buddies to back them up next time.

Really though, if you're stupid like me...buy 2 large cans of bug killers and just have fun. I felt really macho after I sprayed them punk-ass wasps, I was like "WHAT!" But eh...

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope, never have *hides* @_@;;

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

My first experience was when a bee flew up my shirt and stung me right on the ribs. I was six at the time, so you can understand why I don't like those things.
    "Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got bit on my knee by a hornet when I was... three-years-old, I think. I remember the moment fairly well, though the pain is forgotten. I generally stay away from wasps, but bees are my friends and have never stung me no matter how many times I've come into contact with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Only once, and I'll share the story because it was amusing and happened in front of ShlupQuack (Mandee).

We were playing Super Crouquet at her house and I knocked the ball into the fence down the hill of slippery ice plant. I took the path down and got it, and as I bent down I laid my hand on the fence... right next to a wasps nest. It erupted on me and I was screaming and trying to claw up the ice plant but I kept slipping and yelling for Mandee to help me, but she couldnt so she laughed.

Somehow I only got stung once, but... well this is why ShlupQuack and TheAbominatrix are best friends forever. xD
    I still tell that story fairly regularly. You desperately clawing your way up the slippery ice plant, yelling "Mandee, help me!!!" One of the funniest moments of my life. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. :fpexdee:

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    I still tell that story fairly regularly. You desperately clawing your way up the slippery ice plant, yelling "Mandee, help me!!!" One of the funniest moments of my life. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. :fpexdee:
    Yeah I tell that one to my therapist. I hate you. :skull2:

Seriously though, it was freaking hilarious. xD

I was stung in the gut by a hornet at around 15.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    We were playing Super Crouquet at her house and I knocked the ball into the fence down the hill of slippery ice plant. I took the path down and got it, and as I bent down I laid my hand on the fence... right next to a wasps nest. It erupted on me and I was screaming and trying to claw up the ice plant but I kept slipping and yelling for Mandee to help me, but she couldnt so she laughed.
    XD

I've never been stung. I'm to much of a insectaphobe, so they never catch me because I'm running to fast and screaming like a 8 year old Scandinavian school girl who just tore the seam of her navy blue skirt 3 hours earlier after getting off the bus and then tripping on a rock and falling face first into the mud on the way and then the guy she thinks is hot approaches her to ask her out.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Yeah, I had the baking soda thing done to me too, it seemed to help.
    What happened, was we were driving in Prince Edward Island, and I was in the middle backseat of a van, so there was a clear path to the front of it. A bee flew in the open window, came straight back and landed on my upper lip. I, being six, panicked and shook my head back and forth with my mouth open . Naturally, it stung my on the lip, but I guess I was lucky it didn't go in my mouth.

Apparently there are a lot of bees in PEI, because my sister got stung beside her eye earlier in the trip .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!

Edit: Oh yeah! One time during a soccer game I was running and a bee flew into my mouth as I shouted something. It stung me in the back of the throat. I stopped and was hacking until both the bee and the stinger flew out. It sucked.
    Ouch!
    I disable signatures. Killjoy.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

In Point a la Garde, my grandma's trailer. Underground hornet nest+a five year old stuffing Kleenex down the hole=pain.

unfortunatly nasty things
    my ex was really allergic to them so i would have to "prtect" him when one was near. i stomped on so many.
    i hate them *shudders*

Trust No one

Blog Entries

This brings back sad memories of agony and pain.

I'd rather not talk about it,

O___o

I've been stung twice. The first time was when we had a Wasp nest in our attic. The second was when I sat on a Wasp in my car.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    The second was when I sat on a Wasp in my car.
    :laugh: :grinpink: :bgl: