Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: We're meeting up! (UK)

Hmm, and i guess London is easier for most people to get to since you can get a train or coach there from most places easily enough

Meh, londons a pit.
    Word/s.

Well, London would be easier for me too, technically speaking, but this will be have to be done on a majority vote guys. And alot of ppl live in the midlands area. Exscuse me if this is a dense question but how is it easier for you to get to London if you're allready in the midlands? Isnt Birmingham closer?

Also dates play into this. I get back to england after the 11th of april and I'm not going back to Uni till 25th. (Scottish easter breaks are way different to the English ones) Thats why we're doing it on a weekend, as alot of ppl are back at Uni/school/college by the 25th of april.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    Meh, londons a pit.
    edit - Theres that too. Also, London is exspensive, and if theres a big group of us.....

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

We should find out who's going and have a vote.
    Me? I think we should go to Newcastle for the weekend, we can go to lightwater valley that's not far away, we can go to the metrocentre and visit the angel of the north whats like 5 min from my house!
    It's not a dense question, I didn't explain well, I need to do something unsuspicious looking, going to London would be great AND I'm already going down there a few days

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by zorander
    Hmm, and i guess London is easier for most people to get to since you can get a train or coach there from most places easily enough
    Yeah but Birmingham is in the centre, so it'll be easier and quicker for most people to get to.

What exactly will we be doing?

Well, I've allways found it easier to get to london from most places i've been to because trains and coaches seem to have london as a major location with everyone going to and from there all the time so there are more direct routes to london from most other places. I have no doubt that people could get to Birmingham with relative ease from other locations in the midlands, it just seems that London is more of a familiar place to everyone, even the people who've never been there. Lots of well known places like London bridge, Westminster, Soho, Buckinghame palace etc.
    It might just be me here, but i find it more confusing trying to go to other places in the countye than london. I think i'd probably find it easier to go to Edinborough or Glasgow than Birmingham even tho i've never been to either. I could still get to any of them, just with more or less confusion!

Articles

Yeah, London is a more familiar place with more coach routes, but every single station in the country will also have a route to Birmingham, as Birmingham is the country's second biggest city, and usually it will be cheaper than London as like I say, Birmingham is slap bang in the middle so it doesn't alienate those from the north who want to come.

I'm fine with either. What is there to do in Birmingham?

Articles

The Bullring, for one. It's a brand-new, absolutely huge shopping centre. We could pretty much hang out there, buy stuff and hopefully cause mayhem

Take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    The Bullring, for one. It's a brand-new, absolutely huge shopping centre. We could pretty much hang out there, buy stuff and hopefully cause mayhem
    Sounds like a blast.

Groovy. Any thing like paintball, go-cart tracks or absailing?

Its a city. Not summer camp. Not that I know what summer camps like but Im just stabbing in the dark here.

Anyway London > All. Mostly cause I live there but apparantly there all sorts of cool stuff... besides me...
    Word/s.

As long as it has a pub in it I dont mind.

boris and me were orginally just going to meet up and find a nice pub somewhere. Course, now theres others who are coming who wont be 18 or over. Psy I know you're birthday is april sometime. anywho, I wouldnt mind going out somewhere in the evening.

Dont ask me about things to do in Birmingham, I've only been once, so I'll have to rely on ppl who say its good

Quote Originally Posted by zorander
    Groovy. Any thing like paintball, go-cart tracks or absailing?
    EDIT - Oh please say it has paint-balling or go karting. Coz I'd kick all your ass's if it had either of these