View Poll Results: What did you think of having an all tough female cast?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome! It's about time they did this!

24 37.50%
  • The game wasn't very good, but I liked the idea of the cast.

6 9.38%
  • No way, girls should stick to being mages and love interests.

5 7.81%
  • As long as the game is good, I don't care about whether the cast is mostly male or female.

29 45.31%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No wussy girls in this game!

I didn't really like the story of the game. But it is nice to see a game with an all-female cast. They did act a little ditzy sometimes, but they're just having fun. It's the Eternal Calm, Sin is gone, they deserve a little relaxation. I don't really mind the clothes they wear. For Rikku and Yuna, their heritage is Al Bhed, and a lot of the Al Bhed women wear somewhat revealing clothing. You can't blame them, they live in the desert! I liked the idea of a female cast very much, and I hope Square will make more games like that. Just with a better story of course. I found the whole dressphere thing a little odd...

In an endless battle Midnight Garnet's Avatar

i agree...the story was good. and it was great to see some kick ass females!!! its nice to see girls who can take care of themselves!!!
    [center][center]
    [center]Thanks for the beautiful sig Olette~![center]

Thumbs up girl power or not

it was definitly nice to break away from the normal male dominated roles from the previous FF games, it was like a nice spring breeze after a long winter. the only problem that i had with the game was the seemingly lack of a story. or the vague approach to the story. either way the story line wasnt that appealing to me. i thought the battle system was cool, hadnt really experienced anything like that before. the graphics were cool, and at times i didn't really mind the whole teenage girl thing going on....like someone stated earlier....it's the eternal calm, they're allowed to act foolishly. i am currently playing the game plus right now....and i still find it to be a very decent game. male dominating characters or not.

i love the fact that they seem more independent and not dependant on the guys but in a way the game for me was a disappointment =[. they got too girlie especially with the gigglings and stuff.
    .......?

it was a refreshing change from the usual male dominated cast. i have to say the storyline and everything else was not too good but having a kick-ass female group makes up for some of it

Thanks to Starry Relm for my awesome Ashe sig and ava!

I have mixed feelings here. I like the idea of an all female cast, however in my opinion that didn't seem that much stronger (except for Paine.) They were still ditzy and and a little slutty. (except Paine, who was just slutty) I believe other characters from previous FFs were tougher (Faris, Terra, Celes, Tifa, Quistis, ect) That and I wish there had been more characters. As I said, I like the all girls cast, but having to play the same three characters through the whole game got annoying. And I would have liked perhaps like one guy, not to have women as a love interest, but I don't much care for to many preppy girls (Thankfully Paine wasn't to preppy) I thought someone like Buddy should have been playable.