Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dear God, no...

If I ever see ANYBODY killing a cat I will kill the living out of them.

Feral cats are VERMIN. What is so hard to understand about this?

Banned

I can't say I care that much about cats in particular.
    Nor do I care a lot about birds getting killed cats.
    However, I think we should let nature have its way and not interfere too much.
    I'd rather wipe out all humans (excluding me and everyone I know) then all cats,
    who can't really make that much of a difference anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    I think we should let nature have its way and not interfere too much.
    Almost everything we do in our daily lives makes it impossible for the nature around us to "have its way".

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex
    I love cats, so I think that is pretty stupid. There is probably a better way around the "cat problem".
    Ditto.
    All life begins with a Nu and ends with a Nu.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen
    I'd rather wipe out all humans (excluding me and everyone I know)
    Umm... you first.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

I love how no one's listening to Doom, even though he's the only one from the state in question I've seen post.

Seriosuly though, there is better ways of solving this issue. For example, I have helped capturing stray cats to take them to the vet and chemically castrate them, thus controlling stray cat population in Barcelona.
    You want to pay for all those cats? The people of Wisconsin probably don't.

Jojo might be better to ask, since she lives out in the boondocks when she's not in college.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    I love how no one's listening to Doom, even though he's the only one from the state in question I've seen post.

You want to pay for all those cats? The people of Wisconsin probably don't.
    In many cases the cats wouldn't be out of control If people had properly taken care of their pets and such. If you have a cat and dont' plan to breed them for quality and such.. casterate the thing... if you don't want it anymore.. dont' just tose it to the streets... etc... you get the drift the root problem here is likely the people, not the animals.

And as for Doomgaze, yes stray and feral are different.. but will that be held up in the court of law? how do you tell stray from feral until it is too late(the bugger has taken off). Heck many family cats in my parts don't wear collars... does that mean it may be shot as a stray? how about trying to fix the ROOT of the problem rather then just saying.. opps.. I guess I need to go get a gun.

As another said their must be a better way around this... animal awarness is one way to prevent such happenings in the future.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

...That IS the root of the problem. These cats are generations away from human ownership, that's why they're FERAL.

And as for YOUR cat, you shouldn't be letting it run loose anyway, that's dangerous. Besides, this would NOT APPLY IN A CITY. If you take your cat out to a farm and let it out to play without a collar, that's your own damn problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    ...That IS the root of the problem. These cats are generations away from human ownership, that's why they're FERAL.

And as for YOUR cat, you shouldn't be letting it run loose anyway, that's dangerous. Besides, this would NOT APPLY IN A CITY. If you take your cat out to a farm and let it out to play without a collar, that's your own damn problem.

Doomgaze, feral things are not generations away from human ownership(at least not renewed human ownership). I am a canine trainer and have actually trained FERAL and WILD animals.. things that have only ever know human contact rarely... and you know what.. they are some of the smartest damn animals on the planet.

And I don't have cats.. I personaly dislike them.. but that doesnt' mean I condone killing things. The cats need a current solution the casteration would help since cats lifespans are so short, and perhaps some limited form of erradication, when it is in defense of one's own property could be allowed.

Also in the country is where the people with collarless cats are most apt to do so(not that I aggree.. they obviosally aren't monitering thier cat.. and it may not even be spayed/nuetered), why? less cars to worry about hitting... fewer neighbers striaght near by etc... basicaly the cats will *hopefully* not make as much nuisance(some do some dont..)

Edit-
    Disclaimer: Do not call me a hypocrite.. I already know myself to be one.. to be human is to be hypocritiac.

I usually like to err pro-life... except in certian circumstances. Also I am not aware how BAD it actually is... but I really think there is another solution.. ways to still err pro-life that is applicatable, other then to pull out guns and start hunting... hunting when you aren't going to use it as food is BAD and close to EVIL in my opinion.. sure if you all roast the cats to feed the millions of starving people out there in the world without charging them then I could see it in a much better light... but I dont' imagine that is what is going to be done.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 03-23-2005 at 11:12 PM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura
    Doomgaze, feral things are not generations away from human ownership
    Fine, one or more generations away from human ownership. I try to be lazy and look what it gets me.

Doomgaze it isn't even that.. you can "tame" wild or feral animals... true they won't every be cuddly and such.. but they are quite intelligent.

Now I will admit I do not now if feral and wild type cats are as "tameable" as feral and wild type canines.. but I would imagine it could be done... anyways this ain't exactly the point.... If it were feral human children would you still say to kill the perpetrators? Maybe you would.. maybe you wouldn't.

Animals that have grown up in the wild are EXTREMELY hard to tame. The more wilder the species, the harder it is. Feral cats would be pretty hard. However, most stray cats aren't that feral. I dunno about the ones in question. I'd have to see them.

The biggest problem I have with this method is that killing is bad, and that it's a problem ONLY because of the irrisponsibility of humans. Period. That really pisses me off. We shouldn't be killing our problems away. In this case, though, alternatives would be very difficult.

Emerald I aggree with your second paragraph...

As for the first.. it isn't as easy as say having an already tamed animal, but it ain't impossible.. you just got to treat it... I dunno.. like another living thing worthy of respect perhaps?

Anyways the un-domesticated animal I currently am training(or was before I came down with my cold) is of species never domesticated by man, however my particular specimen, while not raised around many humans, has had human contact.. good human contact. so it nows we aren't cruel and it nows if it behaves itself we behave ourselves etc... but you should see it if I treat it like a normal dog... that thing has SHARP teeth.. i mean ouch... you really gotta watch your step. this thing is thrice the size of any cat I have seen and I wouldn't fear it in a dark alley.. so I would be willing to try and tame a feral cat(ok maybe not.. I really do HATE cats).