Thread: My latest web-template design

Default My latest web-template design

I'm making a site for my friends at Robotstreetgang, the videogame journalists. They want a site to house all of their archived published articles. I came up with this last night, no telling if this is the finished look, it all depends on what they think of it.

(Pay no attention to the headline on there, I just grabbed a block of text because I didn't feel like typing a block of text, none of the text that's on there will be in the actual site of course.)

http://demented3d.com/nissen/template/rsg/

What do you think?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like it =) I'm not *too* sure about the notepad style font, but I guess it goes with the subject of the site. Hmm, that's all I can think of.
    rawr

Thanks ;D Yeah, I can't lie. I'm a big stupid fan of system standard fonts. If I had it my way I would marry Lucida Console.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like it. I like the font too, but I'm a fan of those font styles. Good job.

Yay, let's get married and have pixelated font children.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love pixelated (sp) fonts but the other issue is it's not a standard font, is it? So if the user doesn't have it installed it's not going to appear like that anyway. I'm at college at the moment and looking at your layout the font is all Times New Roman. So unless you changed it since (which I doubt cos Times New Roman sucks on webpages xP), that'd be because I don't have that font.

So you would really have to use something like arial/verdana/georgia, unless you want to have all the text as an image which wouldn't be a good idea obviously. XD

And sorry if I'm saying things you know about, I don't know how much you know about web-making, etc. =P

Edit - Well never mind I just saw you said it was a standard font, so I guess it must be, but I'm still seeing it as times new roman?
    rawr

Smile

Hey

First off the layout is nice, however coding wise it is a nightmare, especially considering it is a template. Best thing to do would be increase the spacing you set aside for tables, nobodies gonna notice a few extra bytes. It might also be worth commenting your code so that the potential user can read it, even after they've changed all the default text.

Finally I would recommend implimenting a stylesheet which you can link to so things can easily be changed en-masse, also it would allow you to set an alternative font if they don't have the one you want to show installed ^_^

Hope that helps

Edit: and Lucidia is only a standard font if you have Word installed

Haha, sorry I forgot I posted this thread, thanks for taking a look at it. All the fonts I actually used on the site have been standard, Fixedsys, Arial, Times New Roman, and Garamond. I've been switching between them carelessly so that the group who I'm making the site for can decide which font they like best. Chances are some of you saw it at different times than others

Anyway, I think we're going to end up sticking to Garamond, which is up right now- but don't hold me to that, it really isn't my decision.

About the tables and such-
    I haven't gotten the full word on the site yet to find out if this is actually what they're going to go with so I'm not bothering prettying up the HTML at all yet. Nothing is more frustrating that getting something perfect and then having to change it. That's at the very end of my list of things to do on this site. Thanks for looking that far into it though ;D

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

That is divine, you seem to be quite capable... so I challange you to add a Flash intro.

Boldly go.