Thread: Important news.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Why, Shlup? Because they think "fair is fair?"

The members have weighed in thunderously. So has the rest of staff. What's there to discuss?

To say the absolute truth, I, along with everyone else, for the most part, would like to see the supposed picture before we make any further speculation. However, that's not exactly possible. This is a trying ordeal.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Christ on a cracker, you people need to get out of the house once in awhile.
    Oh, because we don't agree with favoring and giving special treatment by a staff that claims otherwise? Nice.

You wouldn't of unbanned me if I posted naughty pictures. Hell, you'd be the one to ban me, most likely.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My statement stands.

Articles

Ahem. I just got back from work, Mandee. And I'm not so sure the snide remarks helps right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see that my help is needed here. You guys seem to be doing just fine on your own. Carry on.

FFXIV Character

You're helping add fuel to the fire, apparently intentionally, but that's about it really.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's nothing to say. Everyone seems to think that a decision has been made when it hasn't, and there's nothing any of you can do about it until there is. If Matt, D, and Leeza don't want to be apart of the decision making then that's up to them. The rest of you don't seem to understand that you don't get to be apart of the decision making.

I agree with KB. I think think that the picture that Kishi posted should be put on display for everyone to see. Then we will see if anybody thinks it was ban worthy or not. I feel doing that would improve this situation tenfold.

Articles

And we can't let our voices be heard, regardless?

Well, I don't quite agree with that, nik0tine. If the picture is graphic, then it would only make things worse to display it.

That's what makes this such a quandary. Can anyone really create a valid opinion until they see what the picture was?

The rest of you don't seem to understand that you don't get to be apart of the decision making.
    If the members don't have a say in anything, then why is there a feedback forum in the first place? Obviously it was created because regular members have valuable opinions, just like the staff does. I think the staff should consider what the majority of EoFF'ers have to say about this.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We hear you. LOUD. AND. CLEAR. The same way the jury hears Michael Jackson's fans screaming outside. But they don't let them invade the courtroom.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    There's nothing to say. Everyone seems to think that a decision has been made when it hasn't, and there's nothing any of you can do about it until there is. If Matt, D, and Leeza don't want to be apart of the decision making then that's up to them. The rest of you don't seem to understand that you don't get to be apart of the decision making.
    Who doesn't understand that? I haven't seen anyone make any indication that they think they're part of making staff decisions. You just seem to be making up your own conclusions of what everyone who isn't in charge is thinking now apparently.

And it's not about a final decision, it's about the fact that he was banned, then unbanned, for the same thing I'd of been banned for without a second thought, or any of the rest of us who "dont understand".

"I think think that the picture that Kishi posted should be put on display for everyone to see. Then we will see if anybody thinks it was ban worthy or not. I feel doing that would improve this situation tenfold."

An interesting idea, but that also poses a slippery slope type of problem. What if it IS deemed offensive, and is seen by someone who takes offense or is drastically under age and leads to a whole other can of worms.

For now, I think it would be wise to sit and wait while those in charge deal with the problem. Sure, this thread can be good because it allows many people to vent what they are feeling, which IS important, at least to me, but in the end, the people in charge do wield more power because they take on more responsiblity, and we should respect that until deemed otherwise.

That, or give the Supreme Court a call and ask them if they have jurisdiction!

Take care all.