Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FFXI F.A.Q 1.0 //READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS//

How much is this a month in good old pounds sterling? thiking about getting it but not too sure if it worth the money

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Q: Does it cost money after you buy the Game?
    A: Yes. $12.95 a month + $1.00 per character. In other words, it's going to cost you a buck a month for EACH character you make. SO if you have 5 characters, it's going to cost you 12.95 + 5 bucks For our European players, I know in the UK it's about 8 pounds.
    Did you read this F.A.Q at all? ;o
    Too big.

I think one good thing to put in here (only because I spent a million years searching for it today) is:

"I used to play FFXI but I left for a while, uninstalled it, and no longer have my registration codes, do I have to buy another copy?"

If you've opened up an account then the registration information has been saved into your PlayOnline account (which you hopefully remember), so all you'll have to do is reinstall and play.

If you didn't open up an account for an expansion (in which I only installed Rise of Zilart and not the other two) that means that you didn't use your registration, so it's obviously not saved to your PlayOnline account. You can BUY the registration codes from PlayOnline's Official FFXI website found here:

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

The prices are:
    Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart Registration Code: $ 9.99
    - Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia Registration Code: $ 9.99
    - Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan Registration Code: $ 14.99

As for reg codes for JUST FFXI yeah, you gotta buy a new thing. But seriously, if you bought FFXI and didn't even bother installing it and waited so long you lost everything BUT the disc, you should prolly buy a new one and take better care of it and take it as a lesson learned.
    Last edited by Avarice-ness; 02-25-2008 at 05:20 AM.