Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >> Its Suikoden 4 worth buying??

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Let's note it's not Ted from Suikoden 1.

A bunch of characters re-appear again, and the story is very good. I've always been impressed by the suikoden series and how they take place in different parts of the same world and tie in everything. I believe, next the Dragon Warrior(Quest), that this is one of the best sequeled games ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCydranth
    Patience is a virtue, and you can make the ship go faster by pressing a button while moving it. I think its Square but I can't remember ATM.
    It's R1. The ship still moves too slow, and the encounter rate is still too high though. :/
    lol signature

Do yourselves a favour, wait until the Phantasy Star Trilogy comes out. Play a REAL RPG.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Marick
    Let's note it's not Ted from Suikoden 1.
    >>> yes it is..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

wait... it is? I thought he got (SPOILER) absorbed into the Soul Eater... I'm obviously not far enough...

regardless, this game rocks.

Suikoden IV was an amaazing RPG. The graphics, battle system,storyline were all perfect. The only annoying addition is sailing the boat. There is too many random battles.

I'd say yes, but that's just my opinion.
    The signature limit is 50kb for images, not 800kb

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Marick
    wait... it is? I thought he got (SPOILER) absorbed into the Soul Eater... I'm obviously not far enough...
    >>> Suikoden 4 take place 150 years before Suikoden 1, Ted as the bearer of the Soul Eater was able to live for 300 years till he passed the True rune to McDohl..

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Suikoden IV is certainly nowhere near the quality of the first two Suikoden games. However, that's not to say it's bad.

Suikoden IV had a wonderful sense of nostalgia, which I would mainly credit to the character designer since she did Suikoden I's.

As a stand alone game, it was great, and by no means the horrendous game that fellow is making it out to be. I had loads of fun playing it, and I don't regret the purchase.

The music is great, the character designs are great, and the graphics are nice too. The battles take on a bit more of a fast pace feel than III's, effectively making them feel more like the original's. (On a side note, I'm also glad they got rid of III's two person groups. What a pain that was. ; ; )

However, one thing that really, really bugged me about IV was the method in which it went about story cut scenes. They seemed so out of place, often switching scenes, like five steps away, at awkward times. And the loading times were a bit annoying too, but nothing terrible. What I'm trying to say is that the story seemed cut up, choppy if you will. Though it's a minor gripe in the whole.

And yeah, Ted's the same Ted, which was a rather neat addition. (Just don't miss him, as there's a point when you can't get him if you pass it).

Black Orb, I know you're a fan of the series, perhaps more so than I, (and that's saying something ;P ), so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> yep, this game was very nostalgic I felt like playing Suikoden 1 in a 3D environment..
    The game wasnt good as GS 2,3 but it has the best characters/character design ever (pirates and nay-kobolds rocked) also Eleanor is the best character from the Silverberg family in the whole series!!!, all the other Silverberg losers sucked..
    The Combo attacks are funny as ever and the fishing game still the best..
    I missed the champion`s rune, because the random battles were kind of annoying, and thank god they put Viki in this game too..

>>> I love this game and I hope this isnt the last..