Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: An EoFF Constitution

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, in the real world, those who enforce laws often break the laws themselves, and they do get punished the same way as everyone else. The same should be true about the staff and its members (besides Cid, of course)

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    I see your point Proto and siric so mine is thus:

If laws exist to be enforced, but the laws can be bent or even broken, by those who would enforce them, then the laws themselves have no purpose. If there is no law, then there can be no justice, no justice, then no integrity, and no integrity, then no community.

Take care all.
    Exactly.

And we can't stop the laws from being broken. Why? Because were are ants, and the [Staff Members] Is a(are) cruel boy(s) with a magnifying glass(es)

"Life insurance pays off triple if you die on a business trip."
    By Sephiroths Clone

Then the options are to either force change through constant petition, or perhaps something more drastic such as a mass exodus.

As Snizz said earlier, without people there is no community and I too would like to consider this a community of friends and friends do in fact trust one another, work things out together and create the chance for compromise so that all can benefit.

Take care all.

Long live the Bolsheviks!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Then the options are to either force change through constant petition, or perhaps something more drastic.
    Constant petition simply doesn't work for major things. I will take the example of PeTeRL90, as it is the most famous. So many members of the community made it quite clear that they felt the decision was completely and totally wrong, but they were ignored. So therefore "something more drastic" would be the ultimate way of causing any change, although I'm not sure what exactly that would be.

Though to clarfiy, I'm hoping for something closer to a Democracy than the ideal Marxist state.

Take care all.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Democracies on individual issues would be too slow to get things done in the case of forums. How long should we wait on making decisions? 6 hours? 24 hours? (We actually use 24 hours on some things in Staff already.) 48 hours? 100 hours on weekends just in case some people don't get a chance to see something? What happens if something extreme but not previously considered happens, do we just sit and wait that silly long amount of time and let crap happen?

I say go for the constant petitioning. Easier to sit back and ignore stuff for me

Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a former staff, cl_out speaks the truth.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

You could always temporarily ban the member in question while the decision is made. That would stop the offence being repeated for the time being, without causing the same level of public outrage as an instant, permanent ban.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, Kishi was temporarily banned, and now he's back, so you're saying we did the right thing. Thanks

I wanna dress up like Thomas Jefferson.

Well, Kishi was temporarily banned, and now he's back, so you're saying we did the right thing. Thanks
    There's no need to twist my words. I already agree that you guys did the right thing by unbanning Kishi.

I'm simply suggesting that in future these situations are handled a little more carefully, to avoid another outcry like the one we've just seen. The reason everybody got so worked up about this incident is that a ban is supposed to be irreversible. If temporary bans were more common then it wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by cl_out
    Ah-ha, so a decision HAS been made! *points finger*

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was speaking as if the situation at the time of my post wasn't going to change If you want to be that picky, a decision was made when he was banned, then that decision got overruled by another decision when he got unbanned, and so on and so forth each time it got changed Maybe we've calmed down in that respect, but who said it won't change again?

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Anyone notice that post 20 is by a banned member and the captain even replied to it. How do banned members still post??