Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy 3 - Remake

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

PS3.

FF3, PS3. Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ
    For starters, FFIII should most certainly not be released for the GBA. It has possibly the best soundtrack in the series; it definitely has the best overworld theme and best airship theme in the series; and the GBA's dinkus sound system could not do it justice.

My first choice would probably be for the PS1 - the remade soundtracks for Origins were awesome, and I'd like to hear something similar with this one. The soundtrack is really the only thing I would take into consideration when picking what system to put it on, since it's going to look, and probably play, exactly the same no matter what system they put it on. I say probably play the same because of the DS's dual screens. That being said, as long as I'm going to have to buy a console for just this game, I'd rather it be the DS than the PSP. I have yet to hear anything from the DS sound-wise, so I just hope the hardware is up to it.
    If you're only worried about the sound, don't fret - its PS1 quality.

I prefer it be on the GBA, I dont see why they have to make it for the DS.

Blog Entries

Well, in reply to the person who said "I won't buy a system for just one game ...", here is a list of some other games that sound pretty good to me that are either already out, or are going to be on the DS.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square isn't just the one making this game, but they are helping the DS Get Online...hmm...)

Seiken Densetsu DS. I am sure you all know what Seiken Densetsu is. If not, it is the Mana Series. (Seiken Densetsu 1 = Final Fantasy Adventure, Seiken Densetsu 2 = Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 = good)

XenoSaga DS. An RPG by Namco. o_o Well, by Monolith soft which used to be owned by Square. And Monolith Soft made XenoGears. Interesting, huh? Though, remember, this is NOT going to be XenoGears.

Soul Calibur DS (Yay). I found out about this on Google. Soul Calibur is a Fighting game by Namco.

Super Mario Bros...well who doesn't know what this is!?

Super Mario 64 DS is pretty good.

Now I think that Square decided to make some games for Nintendo systems is because of what Sony did to Square. They pretty much forced Square to stop making the PS2 version of FFXI, so the President of Square might be thinking "Better not make many new games for their System..." or something like that.

Or they might think that it is a bit better to make RPG's for the DS, since it has a Touch Screen which can make Menu's SLIGHTLY easier, and fairly good Battery.

I dunno... >_>

*sigh* I don't mind buying a DS for it. I want one anyways (if only for games that aren't out yet). As for the GBA...since when was it less powerful than the SNES? Last I checked it was somewhere between a SNES and a PSX. It's not quite 32 bit, but can get almost there.

I'd prefer it on the GBA. As for the DS, I really could care less about the whole 2 screens. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to try and use all the DS's "innovative" features in a remake of a game whose gameplay has already been determined (if that wording makes any sense...).

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Now I think that Square decided to make some games for Nintendo systems is because of what Sony did to Square. They pretty much forced Square to stop making the PS2 version of FFXI, so the President of Square might be thinking "Better not make many new games for their System..." or something like that.
    is that for real?