Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 3 - Remake

Default Final Fantasy 3 - Remake

Should It be released on PSONE not Nintendo DS?

IT should on psone because, to complete the series One to Nine right?
    Even tho psone is too old
    Signature removed - image file size too large. Read the rules. - cl_out

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

No, it should be released on Nintendo DS then on a console of Square's choosing so I can buy it twice just to show them how much I love this game.

PSOne, because I don't have a DS and I find it a waste of money. Maybe even PS2! Then it would have better graphics too.

I think the GBA, since it's more than good enough and would keep Square from making it too gimicky with the DS's options. Plus, I don't have a DS or PS1, so....
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

It be neat to be on the PSX/PSOne because while I don't have that console anymore I do have a PS2 which we know can play the old Playstation games (Although the 1999 version of FFV doesn't work right on it). I own all the PSX FF games.

I'm all for the PS1 or GBA. NOT the DS at all because I'm never getting a DS unless some really good games come out for it. FF3 is not a good enough reason to buy a system, but maybe FF3, a new FFT or Shining Force game would coax me. Also I think if it does go on the DS it WILL have a 2 screen gimmick and that is stupid.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It definitely should not be released on the GBA. Square isn't crazy about its remake of FFIII the way it is about its FFI and FFII remakes, which have been released in four forms so far--so FFIII might only be released on one machine. In that case, it would be a waste for that machine to be the GBA, which is inferior to the SNES in graphics and sound quality. It was fine that Square put the FFI and FFII remakes on the GBA because they'd already released them for a respectable machine like the PlayStation. Considering this remake will probably only appear in one form, it should be on a machine with capabilities comparable to at least the PlayStation, and the DS fits that bill.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Actually there's some really good titles for DS. It's just hard to hear about them over the din of "OMG NINTENDO HAS TEH SUCX CUZ THE ALL CARTOON AND KIDDY GAEMS ROOFLES!!!!!!!!!!!11".

Seriously, putting out FFIII on DS is nothing. Remember, the series started out on Nintendo platforms then jumped to Sony platforms. It's also had MSX and WSC releases. If you don't feel like buying FFIII that's your choice, but all ye who pine for long lost days of Final Fantasy might do well to not neglect this one. This game is a big deal. We should totally throw parties because of it.

Yeah, this game is worth getting but I'm not going to buy a system for one game. Square should remain consistant with its releases. I do not see the reason to release a game originally for the NES on a system that demands higher graphics. Placing the game on the DS will either cause the dual screen to go to waste OR ruin the originality of the game by introducing the second screen. Placing the game on GBA will be fine because FF3 has the same graphical quality of FF1 and 2. FF3 doesn't demand a SNES par graphics (Which many SNES games have been sucessfully ported to the GBA). Nintendo tends to release games for older systems a few months into its newer systems lifespan. Kirby's Adventure came out a year after the SNES was introduced and that was for NES. N64 games were made still a few months after the Gamecube was released. Even Sony's Playstation 1 games were made well after the PS2's introduction. This is absolutely no different. A game of FF3's quality (not that high) can be done well on the GBA without the frills of the DS. I'd even more prefer it to come out on PS1, maybe along with Secret of Mana or Secret of Evermore as a collection disc.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

I like to see Final Fantasy III released with Star Ocean I. Neither game was released to the USA and ever since I played the second Star Ocean game I have wanted to go back and play the first one. Anyway I own FF I-II and FF IV-IX on the Playstation and Final Fantasy X and X-2 for the Playstation. So it be good for me if Square-Enix released FF III for either Playstation.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It was long dead when Final Fantasy Origins was released in 2003, so that's not a good reason, really.

Releasing it for the DS is cool, but personally I prefer it to be released for the GBA for two reasons

1. FFI&II was released for the GBA

2. I could play FF III on the GC using the GB player just like how I played the first two FFs

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

It'd be a shame for the game to be on a GBA because after beating Origins on PS1 I was terribly dissapointed at the quality of ff2(why are the attacks so slow and sounds terrible?)

At least with DS people can still enjoy playstation quality music+graphics...

still wish it was coming out for psp appeals more to me than the DS.

Even Sony's Playstation 1 games were made well after the PS2's introduction.
    An example is Madden 2005. At Walmart, they're selling them on the PS2 & PS1. That's just creapy. And Square-Enix re-released all of their PS1 titles after the merger, no?