Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Riddles

ah so sue me.....needed to get this thread running again anyhow.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

i Found it hard to believe, i found myself betRayed.
    i fOund redeeminG myself to be a difficult task
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

the capital letters are FROG so I will make that my first guess since I am lazy
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

:jap:
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 06-08-2005 at 07:10 AM.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

im cutting in line

I am a item without use. I am guarded. You cannot prove you got me without a screen shot. there are scales and skin on me. What am i

well its nothing like Lanowars riddle but its not to bad
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

Naga-ette bromide.
    I am a item without use.
    You do nothing with it, (SPOILER)just give it to the old man in 600 A.D.
    I am guarded.
    When you pick it up you are attacked by three henchs or something.
    You cannot prove you got me without a screen shot.
    It isn't shown in your inventory.
    there are scales and skin on me.
    I am not sure what bromide is (I'm not native english-speaker) but naga-ettes look scaly.
    Damnit.

correct a bromide is basicaly a portrait btw
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

(since this forum seems dead for already a week)
    I think that means it's your turn to come up with a riddle Ace-eye.

I go! I go!

I'm small but I shine for my creator and whisp her away

(I don't think there's anything else in the game that does this so it should be easy enough)

Me? a princess? HA!! Sarah Shirato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Llanowar
    I can restore you
    but at a later expense
    I appear to be untended
    yet my caretaker takes note.
    Are you refering the " Time Egg" ? I know what it does..IT restore at later time(where chrono is restored) It appeared untended (Like it was told at kingdom of Zeal)
    Yet my caretaker takes note( which it refering to Gaspar,Guru of time) I hope this right?
    :mog:
    I'm working on some projects that involes FF6.

I'm small but I shine for my creator and whisp her away
    That sounds quite a lot like Schala's pendant. (I think Schala was the name)
    It's small, it shines (The pendant started glowing! when you touch the sealed doors/chests) and the word HER gives hint about female owner. If that's right, someone other go instead of me.
    Damnit.

I was actually thinking of Lucca's Time Wand from Chrono Trigger.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-14-2005 at 03:11 AM.

Since no one seems interested in submitting the next riddle, I'll jump in again.

Technology makes dreaming cheap:
    Instant respite all now can reap.
    Yet while seconds do the work of night
    Need still proves a constant blight.
    Technology makes dreaming cheap:
    But in these bleak times all still might weep.

What am I?

Oh i think i know that one, the machines in 2300 AD that heal you, but "leave you hungry" lol right?
    Of all the games that i find well worth the work, I can only say that three can properly qualify for the category. And of the three, one is, but of corse, FFVII. The other twon games which i couldn't depart from are Xenogears and FFT. And i also found a pattern, All of which were released 1997 or 1998 and were on PS. I have lost some faith in Squaresoft when they merged with Enix, they no longer adapt a well-thought plot as nearly as much as the older titles. And thus, I say to you Square-Enix, "Up yours!"

And those machines were called....