Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why is it that Final Fantasy IX is getting the least attention?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I think it was just a very watered down FF. Even though they used a new skill gaining system it didn't FEEL all that new (getting skills & attributes from what you have equipped? Smells like materia to me...). In fact, the entire game was influenced by what came before it, which made for some cool points, and some absolute drivel. I don't think the game sucked at all, but it just didn't impress me all that much.

FFIX is my second favorite RPG, The first? Look at my sig.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Well, it never really sucked, like FFVIII ( in my opinion, I think Square lost its cool in this game... no offense out there!) but I just think it's treatment is being unfair...

But yeah, the battles are slow, and I think that's another bad point... it looks even better if they have a game plan like Legend of Mana, not taking turns! I hate that kind...

But, though, it's still a good game and I think it deserve a better treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    VII and VIII have all the materials for slobbering fanboys/girls.

Spikey Hair, Big Swords, Teen Angst, Moody Characters, I could go on.
    yup. plus, zidane is a silly main character.

~##

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

because its such an easy game and the sytem in it the ability system, the trance system, storyline, setting even the summons put FF gamers off
    but one of the major things is the characters and there designs

it didnt have any weapons or many die quests to beat so it made the gameplay shorter

took me a week to beat FF9 a very easy game but it isnt the worst FF game theres 5 and X-2 that surpass it in crapness

7 and 8 get the most attention because more gamers like the characters and battles in it

7 gets more because of its great story and characters even those Bastards Emerald and Ruby

8 because of Squall the setting the story and best of all the Ragnarok (my fav thing in FF8) but the limit break system was what put most fans off because it divered from FF tradition like the Trance

so does this answer your question?

9 was quite a good game but not the best in FF

you may agree or disagree about this but these points here are actually true i dont care whether or not you agree but you need to accept the facts most FF gamers prefer VII and VIII and of course X (hey my top 3 FF games and in order too)

LET THE HAMMER FALL

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Honestly, I think FF9 gets passed over a lot attention-wise because it came out in the middle of two games that had a lot more fanfare. When FF9 was released, contraversy was still buzzing around FF8 - love it or hate it - and most FFers were drooling over the prospect of the PS2's upcoming release and the horde of media attention being placed on FFX's graphics and voices in order to sell the new platform.

As 'Kishi said, FF9 was a letter of love and reassurance to old-school FFers, but they, unfortunately, often are overshadowed by the louder more apparent fanbase of FF7-10. The FF9 lovers were drowned out.

Therefore, fewer people have actually played the game. For instance, when 9 initially came out, I wasn't really all that excited about it, and put off playing it in favor of giving FFX a shot. However, when I came back to FF9, I absolutely adored it - much to my surprise. It's a great game, but you need to actually play it to realize that.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why is it that way?
    'Cause it's nice, but not gripping like the others.

The graphics are gorgeous, but they're all of like medieval stuff. Well, the part of it that doesn't interest me.

The characters can be cool, but not enough that I wish I were them or knew them, or lived near them.

that and the sidequests didn't intrigue me enough to follow through and finish them all. I got tired of waiting for the friendly monsters to show up, tired of playing with chocobos, tired of killing dragons to power freya's special attack up, so I just went to beat the game and sorta never went back to finish those.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Us old people aren't as vocal about our games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    8 because of Squall the setting the story and best of all the Ragnarok (my fav thing in FF8) but the limit break system was what put most fans off because it divered from FF tradition like the Trance
    The Limit Break system in FFVIII was closer to the original system in FFVI than FFVII's was.

reason why i didn't like trance...it never came when you most needed it...lol...always in a random battle

I really didn't like the sidequests in the game, or the fact that you can't do any of them on the last disk because all the mist root are in the way and you can't go anywhere anymore. I didn't really like the cartoony style graphics as much either. I dunno...I guess I just kinda like the newer splashier stuff better I guess.. But I will admit ff9 did have a good story line.
    Angelic Demon child

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    but there's no getting around the fact that everyone in the game looks like a deformed eight-year-old.
    This was actually a reason that I refused to play the game, until last year. I've long since gotten over the bad graphics=bad games thing, but it influenced me all the same. It gives a very immature, light, vibe, and I don't like games like that. I prefer them dark, moody, and angsty.

Now that I've played the game, though, I do like it. The story is great, but gameplay blows. The trance system is the worst that I've ever experienced, and I can't stand the way you learn abilities. I can't back that up because I have no clue why. The battles are quite dull.

I do feel, though, that it isn't up to par with the other FFs I've played. Perhaps it IS too happy, but I think it's something else. The story isn't as great as others, there's only a few characters that I truly like. Sorry to say Vivi isn't one of them. Plus I'm stuck right now, which makes me mad. What's worse is that I have no motivation for getting unstuck; =/ That says loads in itself.

So perhaps I am a horrible idiot.

--Box Box Box Box

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Wel i liked ffIX i liked the story and the ending was very nice plus u get to dress up and be in plays, but at times it was boring when there was battles i just could'nt be bothered the main reason i like it is because i thought the fnv's were really good they could of put more in thoughxXx

Blog Entries

"took me a week to beat FF9 a very easy game but it isnt the worst FF game theres 5 and X-2 that surpass it in crapness"

"(And of course, it was beaten by v)"

I feel so sad...(Goes into room, locks door, and plays FFV)

(Talks from the other side of the door)

FF9 is pretty good. I never noticed that it got the least attention.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

FFV rocks. 'Nuff said.