Thread: Firefox ;_;

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Default Firefox ;_;

Last night after surfing the web a bit (check out me and my awesome net lingo!), I shut firefox and went to do something else on my comp. When I wished to return and browse a few webpages, I clicked on the icon and something very strange happened. A grey box popped up listing profiles (only one was there, the default one) and saying I could create, manage, or select one. Well I tried to use default, but it notified me that default was in use.

I messed with it for a bit, but in the interest of time since I wanted to get some sleep, I made a new profile. Now, this current browser has none of my favorites, my history, or any of my preferences. It's as if I got a new copy of firefox. So I tried to switch back to default. No dice! I couldnt find anything in the help texts so I thought I'd ask here.

Someone help me! :skull2:

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This isn't a very technical answer but...

I had that happen once. Restarting my computer fixed it. Someone might come along with a better answer though.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just shut down Firefox by CTRL+ALT+DEL next time. You can probably delete the profile you made by going to: C:\Documents and Settings\*name here*\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and deleting the one you made.

Yah, that happens.
    If you open up two firefox windows right at the same time, with no other firefox windows open, that'll happen. With Mozilla, too.
    I dunno why it happened for you, but restarting would fix it, also pressing ctrl+alt+delete and closing the firefox instances from there probably would.
    Then, since you made a new profile, you'd probably have to select the default one again, and try to make it go back to picking that one by default again. Might not happen.

I noticed that this used to happen for odd reasons before, but as of Cotober 2004, this hasen't happened.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I restarted already, so I'll check out the other options. Thanks guys :skull3:

edit: Yams baby, that did it. Remind me to send you a pie. Thanks you!
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 03-29-2005 at 12:36 AM.