Thread: Training Arena

Default Training Arena

Ive captured all of the fiends for each area but the species conquest list is stilll almost empty. Can someone tel me which other fiends i need to fill these in.
    Also is it true you can get 99 dark matters as a prize?

I`m not sure about the dark matters but If you want to add some creations to the species section I think you have to catch 5 of every fiend!
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

Default Answer

Yeah, you're right... you need three of each species (in most cases four, but in four cases five) to get the species creations. Shall I post how many of each you need? Or did that answer your question?

A little off topic, but to speed things up I'd reccomend adding Sensor to one of your capture weapons. I had it on Tidus' capture sword. If you're beating everything to death in melee it doesn't matter, but if you're using a combination of magic and special skills to whittle them down first it saves a lot of effort. Also, if you're hitting the damage limit with your characters (especially Wakka, his attack is almost as fast as Tidus' and he can hit flying enemies without penalty) you might want to add Break Damage Limit just to speed up capturing the toughest fiends. I didn't, but if you have an excess of crafting materials you might want to.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

You receive 99 Dark Matters for unlocking Ultima Buster (capture 5 of every fiend).

And the fastest way to go about monster capturing is by adding StoneStrike to one character's capture weapon and DeathStrike to another character's.

Stone and Death strikes, I wish I had thought of that.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

Hey about Aurons Sigil is it capture all fiends in 10 areas or 10 breeds of 10 species?
    Sorry if off topic
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Capture 10 fiends of 10 different species in 10 different areas.

It CAN get tiresome, finding Tonberry's for example & Cactuars (until you do the Cactuar Village SQ), but percevere, it is arguably the SINGLE most rewarding Sidequest in the game. I captured 10 of every fiend, Orgre & Tonberry's were the rarest.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm finding that the horned beasts (not the dragons) of the sunken cave and the tonberries of the same have been the hardest. Barbatos gets a mention for third place.

I had trouble gettin that Bird on Djose H'road Sigmundfreudius or w/e...but yes, those Horned Gits are hard to come across, I found them most frequent in the last cave...if you plan to go there, teleport out when your done, if you're still collecting fiends you aint ready for Dark J.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

J?

It's not like I can fight the dark aeons anyways. yey.

Now why the hell did I type J....Dark Y. If u try to leave the Yevonite Summoner walks in on u & so does that beast of a Mercenary. You need to use the Teleporter to escape.