View Poll Results: null

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy to see Feedback gone.

4 10.26%
  • I'll miss the Feedback Forum. ;_;

5 12.82%
  • Oh noes! Where will I spam legally now???

4 10.26%
  • There was a Feedback Forum?

5 12.82%
  • I think removing the Feedback Forum was a totally wrong decision.

21 53.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Now we have no Feedback Forum.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the staff want to remove the Feedback Forum, which I think is still a good idea, you guys should have picked a better time to do so. Because with all this hoopla going around, now isn't the best time to rid EoFF of the forum. I believe that once everything is under control, and by under control, I mean that none of this nonsense is going on, then the staff can decide to remove the Feedback, because it won't cause much of a hassle.

But that's just my opinion.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think it would still cause a hassle. Time won't change it. The Feedback forum has a purpose. If the Staff wants to make stricter rules regarding it to have that purpose more apparent, then that's fine. But this is unnacceptable.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by YukiKiro
    good going del. seriously. we're told to PM but you guys saw fit to post an a closed thread, the ammount of hypocracy continues to accumulate.
    Some members feel that they should have input on the running of the forums instead of blindly following what they are told all the time.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Quina
    What's a Feedback forum?
    You should get out more.

I've only been a member here for a couple of weeks, but I've already utilized the Feedback Forum. It seemed to me to be a good place for intelligent discussion regarding the forums and forum policies.

Question for the masses: Why not designate the Help Forum as the new Feedback Forum? I'm sure you can be liberal enough to make that place fit the bill.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Bitter oldbies? Geez. I didn't think I could be a bitter newbie from day 1

I'm Texan. Us and liberal aren't in the same dictionary.

The Original Del Recognized Member Del Snizz's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Chat Operator

Default I like stories.

Once the duke [Cesare Borgia] had taken over Romagna, he found it had been commanded by impotent lords who had been readier to despoil their subjects than to correct them, and had given their subjects matter for disunion, not for union. Since that province was quite full of robberies, quarrels, and every other kind of insolence, he judged it necessary to give it good government, if he wanted to reduce it to peace and obedience to a kingly arm. So he put there Messer Remirro de Orco, a cruel and ready man, to whom he gave the fullest power. In a short time Remirro reduced it to peace and unity, with the very greatest reputation for himself. Then the duke judged that such excessive authority was not necessary, because he feared that it might become hateful; and he set up a civil court in the middle of the province, with a most excellent president, where each city had its advocate. And because he knew the past rigors had generated some hatred for [him], to purge the spirits of that people and to gain them entirely to himself, he wished to show that if any cruelty had been committed, this had not come from him but from the harsh nature of his minister. And having seized this opportunity, he had him placed one morning in the piazza at Cesena in two pieces, with a piece of wood and a bloody knife beside him. The ferocity of this spectacle left the people at once satisfied and stupefied.

-Machiavelli, The Prince VII. (Harvey Mansfield, trans.)
    [turkey noises]

There's no way this isn't an April Fools joke.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good job on deleting this thread, Shlup.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    There's no way this isn't an April Fools joke.
    And if it isn't? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian
    And if it isn't? =)
    Then I will lose faith in humanity.

Look at the clues. It HAS to be an April Fools joke.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PMing can be a pretty unnerving task, if you don't know the people you are PMing personally. As a newbie of a forum, I would not want to PM a prominent admin (especially if they seem a bit cranky at times) to give input on how the forums should be run. In such a big forum as this, I may not even dare to think that my opinion mattered (whether it does or not).

With a feedback forum, first of all, there is already a set place where people can give suggestions. Having a dedicated forum to feedback would actually encourage members to give their input. It would indicate to them that their opinion does matter. It's easier to give a suggestion in a forum where you see what input there is on it, instead of having the staff (or one staff member) discuss this in a secret forum.

Also, have you, the staff, come to a conclusion that EVERY member suggestion should be put into staff? If [whoever started the thread] PMed ShlupQuack (not singling, just first admin that came to mind) with "Can we have a T-rex smiley ^__^ *insert Linus gif*" would she deem the suggestion as stupid and irrelevant, and fail to post it in the staff forum? I agree that the T-rex smiley is pretty trivial, so that may not be a good example, but to some people it may not be. I've seen that the staff and members do not agree on which issues seem trivial and which do not; from this thread, some think that taking away the feedback forum is a trivial matter; others do not.

Not to mention that even if all member feedback IS posted in the staff forum, you don't get to see the MEMBER input on the situation, only the staff input. I don't know how much member feedback is actually valued, but if it isn't, I think it should be.

And April Fools jokes should be done on April Fools, dammit xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

*Votes against*

Jesus H. Christ, I'm beginning to wonder if the higher-ups here work as low-level, downtrodden peons during the day, and running this forum is their vacation, outlet or both.

Turning this place away from the fun, easy-going place it once was in order to battle the evils of Drama and Spam? I think you need to put this into perspective.

I admit things needed to be done about the problems with the Feedback forum, but this should have been given more thought. Clearly the member populace and a good chunk of the staff don't feel this was the right decision, so efforts should have been made to come to a compromise. What prevented this from happening?