Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Stand up and fight!

In order to avoid a repeat of yesterday, I'm not going to speak my views on Yamaneko stepping down and the pathetic drama that drove him to step down, or bring attention to it. I saved that all for a locked LJ entry. My question is about injustice, and standing up for what you believe in. Have you ever stood up for an injustice or cause that you believed in? If so, tell us how it went. It can be online, but try to focus on offline things to avoid parallels to recent events. That pie is way too hot right now and needs to sit on the windowsill a bit longer.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I stand up for justice, fighting bad guys day in and day out. Go Texas!

No, I'm usually spineless. I need to work on that.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free."

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I've never really been placed in a situation where Iv;e had to do so. At least, in a situation that actually mattered, and was serious. When I am, thuogh, I'd like to say that I would stand up for what I believe in. I'm not a huge fan of caving in, but I'll never truly know until this happens.

--Box Box Box Box

I stand up for what I think is right, even if I stand alone.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I stand up for what I believe in, and am able to do so without acting like a childish jackass. Contrary to the way some people seem to think, you can just keep pushing until your voice is heard without acting inappropriately.

For example, I've spent the past few months writing letters to my school about the ways their housing staff and their policies are more of a problem than a solution. I wrote several letters, which were ignored. I kept writing to different people, until I recently recievieved a response from the Dean of Housing promsing to have a conference with people I had mentioned in my letters, and I feel confident that he'll keep his word. Go me!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Look who you are talking to for crying out loud! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?!?!?!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Look who you are talking to for crying out loud! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK?!?!?!?
    That you don't think anything is right because you're nuts and will just rant and rave about anything? I thought so.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Put my back up against the wall

Ah, nothing like times of trouble to either band people together or tear them apart.

My Junior year in High School, my jackass Principal decided that of all the art programs, of all the sports, and of all the extracirriculars, Dance team should be the one to get cut from the Budget.

22 angry teenage girls is not a pretty sight. I'm proud of having stood up for what I thought was a huge injustice when a lot of people around me shrugged and gave up.

Tooth and nail man, tooth and nail.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    That you don't think anything is right because you're nuts and will just rant and rave about anything? I thought so.
    Damns. I have been caught. OH NOES! You only wish that was true because it would make my actions here easier to handle....:evil: :superevil: :ULTRAEVIL:

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    I stand up for what I believe in, and am able to do so without acting like a childish jackass. Contrary to the way some people seem to think, you can just keep pushing until your voice is heard without acting inappropriately.
    Word.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I'm really passive about a lot of things, and don't care about much, but I suppose I do have a few hot buttons that I'll stand up to defend if I feel threatened.

I'm a very public figure at my college, and as a result I am constantly faced by a lot of external pressure to perform certain duties and by my own internal pressure for perfection. However, I am not afraid to deny people when I deem their requests to be unnecessary. I've gotten just about everything from arranging for someone to be intentionally injured to selling illegal substances to giving out alcohol to just about anything else. And there are times that a lot of people think I am their friend, because I am a very friendly person, but again, I am not afraid to simply tell them "No, I will not do this; you and your request do not mean that much to me." Giving specific examples would endanger my relationships with people here, but that's the best I can offer.

I don't know if I would consider "stepping down" an appropriate response to pressure as much as I would consider "stepping up". Again, I don't know the full drama, and I won't inquire (well, maybe a little ), but whatever.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Best to let things you don't know lie. Yams is a great man and what you people have done to him is despicable.

I think I'm going to fight for the day the word edczxcvbnm is in the dictionary.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Me? I like Yams.