Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Blitzball game

Default First Blitzball game

Is there any way to win? I've played it twice (restarted from last save when I lost it...yeah, cheap, but oh well), and lost both times. The first time was 1-0, and the second was 3-2. But they got some pretty ridiculous shots, so I'm thinking they have to win. Or do I just suck at it?

And if you do win, does it change anything? Do you get something for it, or anything like that?

So what I'm asking is...Is there any point to me playing the first game again to win it, or will losing it make absolutely no difference?

i think it doesnt really matter for the first game, but we should win for wakka. If i remember correct there's no point to win the first game. I won it first time playing, just take it easy passing around and let tidus shoot, keep the score 0-0. After that, halftime, put jecht shot in and start to score before 3rd minute. When wakka come in u'll lose even easier, just keep passing around and keep time. As long as they dont have ball, they cant score though. If u have chance just use wakka for some shoot. Good luck
    Game is a part of life

I won.IM also undefeated at blitzball
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

im undefeated as well! all it does is make a new scene with wakka and the cup and extended scene on mi'hen highroad and you get a strenghth sphere
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I tried a couple things, but sometimes they just wouldn't work right. I'll try again though, just for the hell of it. And I'll try to pass/shoot sometimes when nobody's around me, and as soon as I press the damn button, they're all over me, and I've got to break through some of 'em to do anything.

The first time I played FFX, I lost that game, and the second time I played FFX, I won it.

It is a little more difficult to win that match, as most of your Auroch original players pretty much suck, except for Tidus. You just have to get used to Blitzball to win that game. A little practice, and you'll pull it off.

After that, you can sign whoever is a free agent, stack your team, and go undefeated.

Blog Entries

I beat the Luca Goers in the first match 5-0. But I don't want to brag. The best way is to KEEP THE BALL. Switch the control to manual, and pass it around. When you get the chance, make a mad rush around one side wall until you get close in, then look at the map to make sure there are not many players after you (two maximum), then pass to Tidus, who will promptly dash up to the goal, and use the Jecht Shot.

GOAL

there was a picture here

Ultimately Ultimate!!!!!! Ultimate99997's Avatar

Is it just me or is the game completely unfair with the shot statistics.
    The first game was incredibly annoying for me because the ball would be shot upwards...caught immediately by the luca goers, then came my feeble attempt to get the ball off of them with by weak characters.....they shoot and score amazingly from half way.
    Even when playing normally with a good team I found that when doing...say - a shot with Tidus...the shot strength decreases rapidly as it floats towards the goal
    Whearas I see the opposing shooter shoot the ball from about the same distance and the strength statistic seems to hold steady for AGES!!!!!!!

here is an example....tidus, shoot....starting strength 49.......hit.........42..........35..........22.........saved by goaly.

and the opposing shooter................shoot.....starting strength 49....hit......47........46.........43.......GOAL.

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS TOO?
    sig in development

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate99997
    Even when playing normally with a good team I found that when doing...say - a shot with Tidus...the shot strength decreases rapidly as it floats towards the goal
    Whearas I see the opposing shooter shoot the ball from about the same distance and the strength statistic seems to hold steady for AGES!!!!!!!
    It's a tech called Golden Arm. It allows the player when they pass or shoot for that stat to decrease slower.

For the first game, I just kept the ball away from the Goers if I could. The Goers would do some rather stupid moves, one time Bickson tried to get a shot from the mid-field area. Which gave the ball to me. Just pass a lot, especially to and from Tidus to get him to level 3 before half-time, it doesn't take all that much. Then at half-time equip Tidus with the Jecht Shot and make a goal or two. Then when Wakka comes in, try to make one more goal with the Venom Shot. You should be able to pull it off. But then again it all depends on how smart the AI decides to be for the Goers.

Ultimately Ultimate!!!!!! Ultimate99997's Avatar

my Tidus had the golden arm ability equipped but I still experienced the difference somewhat.
    sig in development

When I finally won the first game it went into overtime. The score was 1:1 and I got lucky and scored first.

Your first priority is to get Tidus leveled up so he can use a special technique. Just keep passing the ball between them, it's also a decent way to keep the other team from scoring. If you keep control of the ball and stick with safe passing your characters will gain xp and might level up for a chance at winning in the second half. For Tidus you'll either be using the Jecht Shot or the Sphere Shot depending on the outcome of the minigame on the boat. Don't be concerned about the cost of using special skills, keep shooting. Halfway through the second half Tidus leaves and Wakka comes in so you have a fresh player. Between the two you should be able to score a point or two. And if you managed to keep control of the ball the entire first half the opposing team shouldn't have scored.
    "Your Life Is Yours Alone... Rise Up And Live It."

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate99997
    my Tidus had the golden arm ability equipped but I still experienced the difference somewhat.
    Is it possible that you have Tackle Slip, and in dodging a few tackles you got dissoriented and thus the Golden Arm tech got removed from active techs?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My best score was a 3-1 win, but that was in my second playthrough. Lost 2-0 the first time.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by final-andy
    im undefeated as well! all it does is make a new scene with wakka and the cup and extended scene on mi'hen highroad and you get a strenghth sphere
    i wish they would make it on live. Then we could battle in blitzball.BY the way, wats your highest score
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even after having a million games of blitzball under my belt and a good idea of what i was doing, it still took four tries to beat those stupid goers-_-