Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Pope dying. Update: Died on Sat, April 2nd at 7:37pm GMT.

He was a great guy/ great Pope.
    I mean, he lived a full life promoting his faith in a more positiove light then his predescssors. He shared his intrests with the world (Football...) and followed his faith very strongly and showed it (at times) to not be outdated. (The forgiveness of his would-be-asassain)

RIP dude

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I'm neither Catholic, nor christian, but I admired his tenacity and the fact that he seemed to always push for peace. Requiescat in pace Patre Giovanni Paulo...rest in peace Karol.
    Veni, veni, venias, Ne me mori facias, Gloriosa, Generosa (Come come oh, come, Don't let me die, Glorious, Noble).

Quote Originally Posted by meowwl
    I'm neither Catholic, nor christian, but I admired his tenacity and the fact that he seemed to always push for peace. Requiescat in pace Patre Giovanni Paulo...rest in peace Karol.
    Amen my brother. I hope we can live up to the man's example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Yevon
    Wasn't there some kind of prophecy or something about the popes? I forget exactly but it was something about the three girls seeing mary and there were only supposed to be a few more popes before the end of the world. I think one of them was supposed to be something like Gloria Oliviae or something like that. I'm probably waaaay off.

At any rate, the pope was a great man, and he really seemed to take time to stand up for the poor and the weak. I respect him for that, even if I'm not Catholic.
    Thats the fatima secrets. Two of them are known to the public and the other one the pope has chose not to release publicly. The other two prophecies have been fulfilled. The other...well who knows. There was alot of rumours going around similar to the one Nod said.

R.I.P Pope John Paul II

Has anyone read that Angels & Demons (that one guy who also wrote The Da Vinci Code...which is also awesome) book. good reading if you're interested to find out about the Vatican and the history of their good and bad deeds. and just good reading in general for anyone and very good reading for all those conspiracy buffs.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by failureBYdesign
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II

Has anyone read that Angels & Demons (that one guy who also wrote The Da Vinci Code...which is also awesome) book. good reading if you're interested to find out about the Vatican and the history of their good and bad deeds. and just good reading in general for anyone and very good reading for all those conspiracy buffs.
    It's good reading if you want to read a fictional conspiracy thriller. Not so good if you're actually interested in the history of the Vatican and the Catholic Church.

I didn't agree with Pope John Paul II on a great number of issues but I respect and honor the life that he's lived. He was a great humanitarian, and I'm saddened by his passing.

Good-night sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest..

Blog Entries

The Pope died on my birthday. Seriously.

there was a picture here

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your profile here says your birthday is on April 6th, and now you say April 2nd? Make up your mind xD

And then there is Death

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endless
    Edit: it also means that if you're going to be disrespectful, you can also go away. Make your own thread, but leave that one alone.
    [leeza]As Endless has requested, this does not belong here. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

[leeza]*snip*[/leeza]

I read Angels & Demons, it's the typical crappy bestseller, I thought it was awful, and the ending plot twist was by far the stupidest thing I have ever read in a book.
    Yeah Im sure he was a great man. Better than some guy trying (and failing) to take him down a few notches after his death.

The real legacy of the Pope is yet to be seen. In the next few years, we'll really see how he's remembered. It's sort of unfortunate, but whenever a public figure dies, especially lately, they seem to be reflected as wonderful and nothing else. Take for instance, when Nixon passed away a few years ago, he was remembered as a "Great Leader", which blows my mind.

Take care all.

Unpostmodernizeable Shadow Nexus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Nexus

Edit: it also means that if you're going to be disrespectful, you can also go away. Make your own thread, but leave that one alone.
    [leeza]As Endless has requested, this does not belong here. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    Ahem, excuse me, I do not know how simply stating the truth is considered "disrespectful". Hey, hello, he supported Pinochet. It's the truth, simply. It's no lack of respect, going like "OMFG TEH POPE SUXXORZ" is a lack of respect, refering to a simple fact is just that.

Blog Entries

Your profile here says your birthday is on April 6th, and now you say April 2nd? Make up your mind xD

Oops, I'll have to change that.

there was a picture here

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456