Page 1 of 70 1234567112151 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools - Advance planning & ideas - CENSORED THREAD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default April Fools - Advance planning & ideas - CENSORED THREAD

I think we should make it fairly good this time around. But we need to make it realistic, so here are the things that could lead to our "internal breakdown", so to speak...

1) Disagreements over the swear filter. The Staffers who haven't replied to Raistlin's thread actually want more swear words to be allowed, or else Leeza and Unne step down because they want every bad word to be censored.

2) I want to unban Baloki (which would make him the first of his kind to actually be unbanned - the only other that I know of is The Model Citizen, who wasn't unbanned but merely re-registered after a board change and we never bothered to ban him again), and we're all split on the decision.

3) We just don't tell anyone what's going on, other than 'we had some disagreements and some Staff decided to step down.' This would probably be the easiest to pull off.

4) Some Staffers want to ban ed, Raistlin, Kane and a couple of other members (maybe Doomgaze, Bleys or something) that they think the other Staffers are being too lenient to. We could actually go ahead and ban them just to make things more interesting. Although that would probably cause more of an uproar.

5) Cid wants to make the brown theme the ownly theme at EoFF. Many Staffers would rather die than see this happen, so they step down in protest.

6) We get some members in on the act and have them start a revolt against the existing Staff. I personally like this idea the most, provided we can get someone like Bleys in on it. We would only need a couple of members to be in on it and others would probably join their 'cause' anyway. xD

7) [other] Better ideas are welcome if you got 'em. We might have something more fitting nearer to the end of the month.

Another question is when do we actually start it. 31st March? 30th? 29th? The more we leave it, the more drama will go on in LiveJournal and EoFF, but there may be a point that people consider it a bit too early. *dunno*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

April Lies Day again already?

And why are most of your ideas about staff stepping down? xD
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by cl_out
    April Lies Day again already?

And why are most of your ideas about staff stepping down? xD
    Do you read all the staff threads? This topic started in another thread. Other ideas are welcome but I can't think of anything prank-lke that wouldn't be incredibly obvious as being a joke.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like idea 6 too. This sounds like it could be fun.

Or if you go with a different idea involving stepping down, I could volunteer for that too as a bunch of people in chat know I was thinking about doing that anyway so it wouldn't come totally out of the blue.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

My April Fools joke will be to ban ed, and then not un-ban him after April 1st. Think of the hilarity!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've already stepped down once, I can do it again! It'd be fun. I can be a total bitch around the forums after I step down too. And before hand! Leading to the stepping down.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We get to pick only one of those options? They can all be done.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

We wouldn't want to go too overboard and give away the gag.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't want Bleys to get invloved because he is one of the ones I want to fool. I was thinking more along the lines of eestlinc, since he's too smart to believe it anyway. What would be best is if there is some actual issue going on that was made by someone not in the know. Maybe we can impliment some ludicrous rule a week or so beforehand and see if Raistlin takes the bait. It has to be something really stupid, but serious enough for them to chew on. I like the only style is the new style idea. Or maybe we start filtering a whole bunch of borderline swear words, like 'crap' and 'damn'. If that doesn't work then we can have eest start a feedback thread that turns us against each other.

I don't want to ban those upstarts because they are the main ones we want to trick. There are also people who it wouldn't make sense to 'step down' over some petty thing, like Loony BoB or kishi or RSL. Then again if one of those longtime staffers were invloved it would create a huge uproar. Not BoB, though. Everyone with half a brain knows he'll watch the place implode before he quits over some stupid rule.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

xD It's true.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How about you kick me off staff because I don't do anything? It's believable.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe we can impliment some ludicrous rule a week or so beforehand and see if Raistlin takes the bait. - Del Murder

What exactly do you mean by rule a week? This sounds interesting.

The only new style would be good because Cid really likes it so it's believable.

Filtering words like crap and damn might not work because everyone knows that Dr Unne and I approve of those, but it will be confusing if nothing else.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    What exactly do you mean by rule a week? This sounds interesting.
    What the smurf are you talking about?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I don't want Bleys to get invloved because he is one of the ones I want to fool. I was thinking more along the lines of eestlinc, since he's too smart to believe it anyway. What would be best is if there is some actual issue going on that was made by someone not in the know. Maybe we can impliment some ludicrous rule a week or so beforehand and see if Raistlin takes the bait. It has to be something really stupid, but serious enough for them to chew on. I like the only style is the new style idea. Or maybe we start filtering a whole bunch of borderline swear words, like 'crap' and 'damn'. If that doesn't work then we can have eest start a feedback thread that turns us against each other.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The ludicrous rule is the thing being implimented. It is being implimented in advance. More specifically, 'a week or so' in advance.