ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought that the "Plot Twists" thread should have clued everyone in.

Oh and I kept seeing Yams looking at invisible threads on the Who's Online after he stepped down. Same thing for eest and foa before they were knighted.

And nice Cid's Knights don't lie, when asked straight up. ^__^
    Last edited by Miriel; 04-01-2005 at 10:03 PM.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok, so are foa and eestlinc still going to be knights or what? It'd be cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

foa and eestlinc are indeed Knights.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

no, we get kicked out tomorrow. Anyone want to buy staff forum secrets off me while you can?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    foa and eestlinc are indeed Knights.
    Sweet.

Wait, nobody got banned this time? :/

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I *have* to know, was Raistlin in on it? Cause if not, hahahahaha.
    Go to smurfing hell.

The joke's on me this time, fellas. I guess I should've followed my instincts. I originally thought the Kishi thing was a joke(ask BoB - I even made a locked LJ entry, thinking it was a joke but not wanting to be wrong), and what the smurf do you know, that's what it turns out to be. :rolleyes2

I wondered how D could manage the same warning message in two different threads, unless he copy/pasted from a deleted thread; I also wondered why it sounded so out-of-character for him. I wondered why it took Kishi so long to scan the picture "again." I wondered why BoB tried to find every excuse in the book to keep Kishi unbanned besides "the image wasn't bad enough." I wondered why Yams changed his mind half-way through concerning the "banning". At that point, I thought it was a joke, but then allowed myself to get carried away. Probably because Shlup posted in my LJ 4389574397534975834 times, and why the smurf would you do that if it was just a joke?

Right, that's the stunned silence over with. And I was stunned. For a full minute I didn't move, I didn't speak, I barely breathed. Some people had considered the possibility that it might be an April Fools gag, although I didn't agree with them. I reasoned that the staff wouldn't pull something this big, and boy was I wrong. It was big. It was elaborate, brilliantly planned, and brilliantly executed. It was the single most complex April Fools joke I've ever seen, and congratulations to you all for pulling it off so well.

Having said that, while the whole 'Kishi scandal' didn't anger me, this bloody well did. I'd like to think that I can take a joke, but this one came very near to crossing the line for me. The feedback forum was in chaos, it didn't take long before General Chat was too. As far as we could tell, Eyes on Final Fantasy was falling apart, and cleverly orchestrated or not, seeing that sort of thing happen is not at all nice. I think you underestimated just how much people care about this place. We're not exaggerating when we say we love this place, and our friends at EoFF are as much our friends as those we play sports or go to the movies with, perhaps even more so. We're as attached to this board as you are, and seeing it seemingly collapse before our eyes was an emotional experience.

The way I saw it, EoFF at the height of the 'crisis' just wasn't worth it any more. I came so bloody close to turning my back on this place for good at one point, and looking at the state of the boards at that time I doubt I would have even considered returning. Only the smallest speck of enjoyment that remained in the place kept me from doing just that, and convinced me that things would be all right in the end. While the board may have crumbled, I told myself that as long as the people were there it would still be EoFF. The friends I made over the years kept my faith in this forum, and it's thanks to them that I stuck it out.

And I'm glad that I did, because cruel though the prank was, it's exactly the kind of thing I love about EoFF. Seeing people put in so much time and effort just for a laugh is what makes our forums so enjoyable. Events like the Ciddies, Anniversary celebrations and others always throw up some classic moments, but this caught us completely by surprise, and has surpassed anything we've seen before. If we can still be doing stuff like this after five years then all the low points are worth it, because the highs of being an EoFF member are so magnificent.

Now that the Great April Fools Prank of 2005 is over, I'm relieved to see that it has all been one big joke. I thought Eyes on Final Fantasy was dead, but now I see that it's as strong as it ever was. After all, only such a thriving community could have staff committed enough to pull off such scheme, and members dedicated enough to react in the way they did. For masterminding this great deed, and for standing up for your beliefs so valiantly, you all deserve a huge pat on the back. You played us all for fools, and in doing so you gave us an Eyeson moment that will never be forgotten. Congratulations, and thank you.

Now never, ever do it again.
    Last edited by Cz; 04-01-2005 at 10:14 PM.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I thought that the "Plot Twists" thread should have clued everyone in.
    Excatly. That thread alone was a huge hint and I'm surprised not many people realised that.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haha, that's so great. You REALLY had me going there. xD I feel like my emotions have been toyed with, but those are always the best pranks. *claps*

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday
    This was a very well-planned out prank by the EoFF staff. I didn't find it funny, but it was very well orchestrated nonetheless.
    My thoughts exactly.

I will never trust any of you again.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In regards to what Czech Rep said, it smurfing crossed the line for me. Caring for the place and the people only lead to a big smurfing joke.

Oh yeah.

And then there is Death

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Damnit.

--Box Box Box Box

Articles

A joke is only a joke when it's funny. That wasn't.

Drunk Tank?

Does this mean what I think it means?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.