Thread: Holy crap I almost got arrested.

Default Holy crap I almost got arrested.

So campus security shows up to my bar 20 minutes ago and is trying to interrogate me about some random guy's alcohol poisoning case tonight. Turned out the smurfer drank too much for his own damn good and puked it up near a security guard. I don't know this guy; I don't serve people who I don't know. I repeatedly tell this guard, but he just doesn't want to smurfing listen. And at one point, he used the phrase "People like you... yada". I took it to refer to my race, and if it weren't for two other people around me literally holding me back I would have jumped his ass. This irritates me greatly, naturally. Sure, I drink underage, but I've been responsible about it and haven't gotten into any major or repeated trouble with the law about it, and I am even on friendly terms with most of the security guards here. Why do some people still persist on pinning things on innocent people? This is smurfing bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]. Can I at least get this mothersmurfer fired for being such a racist bastard? I don't want to have to start generalizing about all white people being assholes, because I know they're not, but I haven't gotten [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] from anyone except for white people. smurf these people, man.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

when you say "your bar" what exactly do you mean by that?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Is that the only 'racist' comment he made? "People like you" can refer to anything. Your age, your status in the community, anything. Unless he made a specific comment to your race, it's basically only your assumptions.

Being that it's campus security, your best bet is to sit down and write a professional letter (hell, ask ShlupQuack to help, she's the master) to the school board or whatever there. Explain to them the situation and that you felt you were being treated unfairly. Do you know the name of the security guard in question?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regardless of whether it refers to race or not, the phrase "People like you" is deragatory, intolerant, and when it comes down to it just plain unprofessional. Mr. Security Guard pants shouldn't make assumptions that Neel was the cause of all this because of ANYTHING besides hard evidence.

So let's see what evidence security guard has. Alcohol poisoned guy was drunk. Neel drinks. Omg call the cheif we got this case on lock.

I say go with Ashley and get the guy reprimanded for being unprofessional. And about white people, well, take a girl like me into a predominantly other race neighborhood (especially a poor one) and see what happens. Racism, or racially charged strife, is everywhere. It sucks.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm not saying otherwise. However, jumping to the conclusion that it's a racist comment may not be a good idea. It's certainly a rude comment, and one I've been dealt on many occasions (usually in reference to the punk thing, but not always).

Campus police, like all non-official police, can often be power-drunk turds (not that regular cops arent, but they can hide it well usually, and often have bigger fish to fry while campus cops are usually bored) just looking to flaunt around their little badges. It's hard to deal with them because they dont always work by the same laws average cops do. For example, it may be completly legal for him, under University laws, to do what he did (false accusations and whatnot). It's touchy working with things like this because of it.

And, short of any straight-up racial slur (the n-word, for instance), the likelihood of this guy getting in trouble is low. If anything, he'll be relocated, but it's best to report these things despite what the University will do... the more complaints the guy gets, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Regardless of whether it refers to race or not, the phrase "People like you" is deragatory, intolerant, and when it comes down to it just plain unprofessional. Mr. Security Guard pants shouldn't make assumptions that Neel was the cause of all this because of ANYTHING besides hard evidence.
    Bingo. I say try and get him reprimanded, at least. Firing is too mean. Or is it???
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

There are plenty of power-hungry douchbag cops in my area, only one "good" one that i know of.

A few years back me and a couple friends were getting stoned near a local lake, and a cop approaches us, all of us already quite faded. Obviously i was pretty paranoid at that point, but to our surprise, the cop actually smokes with us, and didn't steal my bud. An awkwardly trippy session to say the least.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

well, "people like you" could refer to college kids getting drunk, and I think if I were a campus security guard I'd get pretty sick of that too. Also, security guards get paid like $6/hour, so I don't know how professional you can really expect them to be.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

[qq]Sure, I drink underage...[/qq][qq]if it weren't for two other people around me literally holding me back I would have jumped his ass.[/qq]

[qq]Why do some people still persist on pinning things on innocent people?[/qq]

...?

I believe Unne's second quote is taken out of context, although I see the point he is making with the other two. To answer eest's question, I run a technically illegal on-campus bar out of my suite, but it has been informally recognized by the administration as being somewhat exempt from the standard alcohol policy on campus.

I've calmed down a little on the incident, and I've prepared a request for transferral for Officer Nivins #107. I appreciate anyone's offers for help; however, this isn't the first time I've had to deal with red tape, bureaucracy, and an antagonistic administration. Although I do have to look into carrying extra protection as a result of this.

Ive almost been arrested twice. Didnt really get your post though