Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Promoting peace and tolerance.

Default Promoting peace and tolerance.

I recently pm'ed a fellow EoFF'er (Iri Valentine) about something that I feel is very important. War (Or at least a large degree of political hostility and resentment) between the USA and China is imminent. In the United States, the media is already reporting on the growing 'threat' posed by China, and according to Iri, anti American propaganda is also circulating around China, and other countries as well. I will post my a few of the PM's I sent to Iri to give you an idea of what I want to do.

Alright, I don't know your stance on things but I personally hate war. It is possible that my country(USA), and China could be in a war with each other sometime within the next 50 years. War is allowed to be waged because of propoganda, and nationalism. Im probably not being clear so I think i'll just cut to the chase here.

What if, there was say, an organization, that existed to help spread a message of peace, unity, and tolerance to the people of China and the USA? If there was a way to convince the American people, and the Chinese people that there was no real difference between them then war would be less likely, if not impossible. I am saying this because you are currently in China, and I think it would be great if there was a way for me or you to start an organization like this. I understand if you are not interested, but if you are, say so. Maybe something could be worked out? Who knows?
    To which she replied :
    Don't worry, I completely agree with you. Would you be willing to do this sort of thing? And where did this idea come from?

I then sent her another pm. These are it's contents:
    Of course I would be willing to do this. The question is, HOW would I be able to go about doing this, or get this idea rolling. Know what I mean?

As for this idea and where it came from.. Well, I was on my bus on the way home from school thinking about things. How it sucks that the world works the way it does: War, violence, greed, hate. I was thinking about how I was powerless because politicians would never listen, and I was thinking about how sad it is that im going to grow up and become like every other apathetic adult.

Then I thought about something you posted in a thread at EoFF. You said something about Chinese people saying "down with the USA" etc. That worried me because it means that the anti USA propoganda is already working. Being in the USA myself, I can see the begining of a propagnda campaign against China. And then it occured to me that no matter what, a war would be impossible to start if the people of our two countries did not want it. Then I realized that if I could spread my own propaganda promoting tolerance, peace, unity, etc. I would be taking steps to stop war and political hostility without even having to challenge politicians directly. The only problem is, is that I have no idea how to go about doing this. All I know is that if I get an opportunity, I might as well take it.
    So what do you all think about this?

My biggest problems are that I don't know WHERE to start. How do I go about doing something like this? Idea's and suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks all.

If you have already read this peice of information in the other thread about the end of time, then you can skip ahead now.
    But if you haven't, this is vital information.

This... is frightening.
    Most of you will not understand the situation he is describing. But I have lived in 5 seperate countries, and trust me, this is becoming closer to evident every day.
    In the country I am in now, it is growing rapidly. The US dollar and UK Pounds are going down and protests are becoming more common. Being a foreigner is getting more dangerous, and people will spit on your shoes and call you names. US flags are regularly burned.
    In London, a place I also lived in, there are protests held, and large masses of people go on long walks with US flags underneath thier feet, posters claiming death to the USA and screams of defiance.
    Now, I look just a little asian, as I am half Japanese. So I don't really look American in most circumstances.
    But at some protests, if they had seen my passport...
    I might be dead.

That was a post I had placed a little earlier, but it seems like it belongs here instead.
    If it hasn't come to your attention already, this is a serious threat to some of the world powers (US and UK)
    China, if decided to go to war with the US, could kill us. Thier army is vast and well equipped. Training is becoming more of a high standard; even non-militia training is of highest stance. For instance, around my compound (en enclosed area of houses that is guarded; every one in China with over ten US dollars lives in one) the guards are EXTREMELY strict and well trained.
    I am NOT over-reacting on this matter.
    Please think on the seriousness of this.

Well I guess I'll ask, what can I do? It never occured to me that anyone was strong enough to dominate the U.S. but with the population it seems entirely possible.

Actaully, I hear A LOT more against Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan etc. than China, so I really don't know where you are getting that in particular. We probably will have another major ME war within 3 years.

On the China thing -- we'd probably end up in a nuke war if we were to fight China. We just simply don't have enough people to fight China in a conventional war, as they have like 3 times the population. I'm pretty confident that we won't fight a war with China because of the current focus on the ME. We'll make some noises if China decides to annex Taiwan and Hong Kong, but we aren't going to do much more than that.

Iran and all those other countries are barely a threat to us.
    China is immense, and the USA is only STARTED to notice the protests and sorts of things that happen here.
    So I figure you're going to hear more about it soon.
    China has already annexed HK and Taiwan. Just not... in a ceremonial way.

On the China thing -- we'd probably end up in a nuke war if we were to fight China. We just simply don't have enough people to fight China in a conventional war, as they have like 3 times the population. I'm pretty confident that we won't fight a war with China because of the current focus on the ME.
    The wars we have in the middle east are directly related to china.

I am not sure that we will be fighting an all out war anytime soon, but a cold war is possible. In fact, the approach the Bush administration is taking is like that. In a way, it's like defeating one country by invading smaller ones.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't been abroad, but I disagree with the idea that the US doesn't understand what's going on in China. Just because the public at large isn't focused on it, doesn't mean there aren't governmental ... "interests" in the country.

However, the anti-American violence and protests I have no trouble believing at all. I'm hoping the rest of America will realize the name it's making for itself with it's ultra conservative style, smarten up, and break up the power a little more evenly.

And honestly, I would say that would be the first step in any sort of organizational efforts. Rather than starting your own, however, I would suggest joining up with other organizations that already promote international peace and work to make a subsection with your specific goals in mind. That way, you already have a name to work with. Starting from scratch with such testy issues will often lead you nowhere, especially with your age working against you.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

I'd be ecstatic if the USA was still a living nation in 50 years.

I've already predicted that we'd be squashed in about 30.

I mean, we're freaking considered to be one of the strongest nations in the world, if not the only superpowerful dominating nation of all the world. It stands to reason that we'll have a lot of enemies who are doing there utmost, and probably successfully, to make themselves powerful enough to cream our pompous killer asses.

But Nik, I think that your proposal is't very necessary or even very logical.
    We'll deal with this when the hammer falls. You know how impossible it is to deal with a mob. And with one the size of China or as stubborn as the USA... Forget it.

We'll clash when we clash. Besides, isn't China still closer to communism than democracy?

But Nik, I think that your proposal is't very necessary or even very logical.
    We'll deal with this when the hammer falls. You know how impossible it is to deal with a mob. And with one the size of China or as stubborn as the USA... Forget it.
    I don't see eye to eye with you here. If you could get the people to realize that we are all humans, and that we all deserve each others respect, then I don't think either of our two governments could wage much of a war, and political hostility would be reduced, if not eliminated.

I don't want to have to deal with China later, because dealing with them later means people are going to die. If we confront this problem now, not as angry citizens, or as politicans, but as compassionate human beings, I think violence can be prevented.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say the biggest impediment to China going to war with the US is the Chinese culture of independence/isolationism. The Chinese nature is not to go out and fight others abroad. In order for a real US-China war to break out, the US would have to invade China, and that'd be pretty moronic.

I don't think China or any other superpower wants to take down the US, they just want to be respected as equals.

I don't think China or any other superpower wants to take down the US, they just want to be respected as equals.
    I have to disagree with you. Governments don't want respect, they want power. China is rapidly gaining that power. The US does not want to lose power to the Chinese, and thus, a conflict of some sort will ensue. I am not saying that we will invade China. I believe that someday, our two forces will meet on a different front. We will fight over something, but the odds of either country actually invading the other is slim.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    The wars we have in the middle east are directly related to china.

I am not sure that we will be fighting an all out war anytime soon, but a cold war is possible. In fact, the approach the Bush administration is taking is like that. In a way, it's like defeating one country by invading smaller ones.
    Well, the wars in ME are based on 3 things:

Supporting Israel
    Terrorism
    Oil

At least from what I can see. The only one that China could play a role in is Oil, unless Al-Qaida is a Chinese front group (which doesn't make sense as Al-Qaida is as anti-communism as it is anti-Western). A cold war is possible, but we seem to be ignoring NK pretty much, which I wouldn't think would happen should we actually want a confrontation with China.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Yevon
    unless Al-Qaida is a Chinese front group
    They will be once the war is on.
    The american government know their Hitler.
    "The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category."

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Considering China's attitude towards Taiwan, and the United State's attitude towards protecting/helping Taiwan, an agressive act from China could very well start a war.

Soviet Union will CRUSH u ALL!!!
    j/king

I think the U.S. will stop somewhere short of war with China. Thats definately not a war we want to fight. But as China's defiance grows, and they keep setting their own dollar, and making it unfair for the world market, tensions with China are heating up in the U.S. especially about the loss of jobs.

I still doubt the U.S. would go to war without the full support of the world. I mean this isnt Iraq, this war would be gritty and long. Because neither would use nukes with M.A.D. (Mutally Assured Destruction). Plus i dont see the U.S. folding to China either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And this is where I say "You've got a will, but it isn't free." :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakan the forever man
    If you never hear from me again, it is because I came to close to the truth.