Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What did We Learn?

I learned that Del shouldn't eat three-day-old sandwiches.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Probably the most interesting April fool's joke I've seen yet. Certainly the most devious.

The staff is not only lazy but also has a strange sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    So, with most of the details revealed now, what has been learned from this experience?
    that one day people can express their feelings and dislike for the staff freely and the next no one cares anymore.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Human life and death is far too serious to joke about. Especially since this forum is populated mainly by adolescents, who have a far higher suicide rate than any other age group.
    At least the staff can keep their integrity through the Member-commiting-suicide route.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've learned that I chose the best/worst time possible to cut off all contact with everyone from Eyeson, depending on your perspective of the situation.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Graves
    Human life and death is far too serious to joke about. Especially since this forum is populated mainly by adolescents, who have a far higher suicide rate than any other age group.
    At least the staff can keep their integrity through the Member-commiting-suicide route.
    I'm not sure I completely understand. Do you mean a 'fake suicide' gag has less effect on someone's integrity or believability?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He means that when Linus faked his suicide we were able to keep our integrity, but in playing this joke we became scum. Or something like that. We didn't lose our integrity in the former because we weren't in on the joke.

EDIT: After Raist made comments about me being an awful admin I was gonna put my "Best Admin" and Ciddies in my sig but I forgot until just now. Damn.

In reply to D:

Neither. A suicide scenario wouldn't have generated the amount of totally unneeded drama that this had caused. It also doesn't make fun of people who care for this place. This doesn't show any integrity on the staff's part.

Just to clarity.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    EDIT: After Raist made comments about me being an awful admin I was gonna put my "Best Admin" and Ciddies in my sig but I forgot until just now. Damn.
    But you lost that Ciddie to BoB last time. Still, you can use my Best Male Ciddie if it makes you feel better. I'm surprised I beat you to win it!

He means that when Linus faked his suicide we were able to keep our integrity.
    Losing Integrity does not = Scum. Thanks for taking my words out of context out of mass defensiveness.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In reply to D:

Neither. A suicide scenario wouldn't have generated the amount of totally unneeded drama that this had caused. It also doesn't make fun of people who care for this place. This doesn't show any integrity on the staff's part.

Just to clarity.
    You reckon? If people had seriously believed someone killed themselves, it'd be far more chaotic than a few staff members having hissy-fits with one another.

I mean, seriously... all we did was argue with each other. It is not, and never will be, as serious as somebody killing himself.

EoFF was never "on the brink of destuction", as some people have suggested. There was an apparent falling-out among the staff, and some of them quit. Big whoop.

Sure, the drama got a little out of hand and spread further than was anticipated. Oh well, we all survived. It successfully fooled the ones it was meant to fool - the cynical, grizzled oldbies who only login so they can post in Feedback about how crap EoFF has become, and how it was so much better in the old days

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    But you lost that Ciddie to BoB last time. Still, you can use my Best Male Ciddie if it makes you feel better. I'm surprised I beat you to win it!
    It's not like I had to pass it on... I won like... I think two of them. Plus Best Female a couple of times, but Raist already knows I'm the best female in the world so there was no use rubbing that in his face for the sake of being a jerk.
    Losing Integrity does not = Scum. Thanks for taking my words out of context out of mass defensiveness.
    I consider losing integrity to make someone scum; however, I only used that word because it was the first that came to mind, not because I'm feeling defensive. You can think I'm scum; I don't particularly care. Thanks for taking my words and assuming you know my thoughts and feelings though.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He means that when Linus faked his suicide we were able to keep our integrity, but in playing this joke we became scum. Or something like that. We didn't lose our integrity in the former because we weren't in on the joke.
    Weren't some staff in on the joke back then? That was before I got modded, but I'm sure someone mentioned that at least one staff member knew about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Weren't some staff in on the joke back then? That was before I got modded, but I'm sure someone mentioned that at least one staff member knew about it.
    Not to my knowledge, and I was on staff at the time.

I learned to appreaciate other and to value goodwill among neighbours.
    ....what?