Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advent Children English Dubs

Permanently Out to Lunch Cloud_Strider's Avatar

Default Advent Children English Dubs

Ok... when I think about it... We're worried about awful voice actors... right? Well, If you look at other Animés such as Nausicaa or Princess Mononoke... even the voice of Rikku in Spirited Away., I don't that Squeenix would screw us over.
    I know that the movies mentioned above were made by Studio Ghibli and created by Miyazaki, but if you look at the FF:TSW failure, even that movie had an all-star cast (eg: Donald Sutherland, Alec Baldwin). As E3 closes in and the new issue of Jump magazine with the new info and hopefully the release date, so I'm guessing that soon enough we'll hear who will play these legendary characters..
    "...Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher...I'll do whatever you want me to. Just call me when it all happens! Thank you for believing me, knowing I was a spy. This is the final, final farewell!"
    --Cait Sith, Temple of the Ancients
    Proudly a part of #eoff and RedLotus

i have no doubt that square will have superb voice actors...they've had a lot of time to prepare (or so it seems) and seeing how the pressure is on for them to surpass Spirts Within...i think they'll do good

yea, i seen those other anime movies, they did good, nothing TOO bad that it distracted me

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont think we should expect anything other than the normal video game/anime voice acting stock.

I personally don't care, I already like the Japanese voice actors, so if they get bad English voice actors I'll just stick to the subbed version. I'll get that one loads earlier anyway.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like to see the guy who did Cloud's voice in Kingdom Hearts make a return, because I thought he fit the character very well.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

That was Steve Burton. It's extremely doubtful any KH voice actors will be returning, because they were all professional, highly paid actors. It's Disney's clout and cash that got them, not Square's.

Default Hmmm

If Lance Bass was in AC, I would surely, SURELY declare war on squeenix... thats almost as bad if you had Courtney Love portraying Aeris or something
    "...Cloud, I'll be your matchmaker, preacher...I'll do whatever you want me to. Just call me when it all happens! Thank you for believing me, knowing I was a spy. This is the final, final farewell!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strider
    If Lance Bass was in AC, I would surely, SURELY declare war on squeenix... thats almost as bad if you had Courtney Love portraying Aeris or something
    Why?

Lance Bass is okay, he's just not Sephiroth.
    I think Kirby Morrow the voice actor for Miroku on InuYasha and Cyclops on X-Men Evolution would probably make a good Cloud.
    I think that Tara Strong who played Rikku would do awesome as Yuffie as well.
    I would also pick Kristen Kreuk (Lana Lang) as the voice of Tifa or to star in the live action version.
    Jennifer Garner as Aerith and Michael Dorn as Red XIII
    Johnny Depp as Vincent and Wesley Snipes as Barrett

What about Danny Cooksey (the voice of Hotstreak on Static Shock) as Rufus?

I definitely beilieve David Kaye (Sesshomaru, INUYASHA) would be great as Sephiroth.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-23-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    That was Steve Burton. It's extremely doubtful any KH voice actors will be returning, because they were all professional, highly paid actors. It's Disney's clout and cash that got them, not Square's.
    Good point but most of the japanese voice actors were the ones who did it in KH. Personally i really dont want anyone that famous to do any of the voices cuz then i just think of the actor not actuall Cloud. Thats just how i feel.

Made by me

Yeah i wouldnt worry. Whoever distributes Advent Children here will probably do a good job on the voices. i mean, its not like its the early 90's when most of the time, the voice acting was terrible. Anime in america is bigger now. They put more effort into it. Look at cowboy Bebop for example. Excellent Voice acting. I wouldnt worry too much about the voice acting.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroths Clone
    Good point but most of the japanese voice actors were the ones who did it in KH. Personally i really dont want anyone that famous to do any of the voices cuz then i just think of the actor not actuall Cloud. Thats just how i feel.
    Because that's in Japan, where SquareEnix (and other game and anime companies) have clout. Disney has the money and influence here in America, Square has it in Japan. They can afford, and can get, the big names in Japan. Not to mention that Japan is their primary market and the one they're concerned the most about, so they'll spend the extra money.

As for Lance Bass being Sephiroth, get the hell over it. Grow up. Who the voice actor is has nothing to do with the character he/she portrays. Get over the "omfg he was in n'sync he cant be teh sphiroth noooo!!!"

Default !

I'm not being prejudice about Lance Bass being Sephiroth. Its just not his 'role'. And about Michael Dorn being Red... I love that idea. Seriously... He was great playing Worf...

Its just not the part for Lance. I didn't like how it sounded in KH, and AC is a much larger project concerning Sephiroth. One bad voice-over may not make a difference, but it does matter in the overall outcome.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You can barely hear him in KH. He doesnt even speak but a few lines and those are quick and pretty much mumbled.

It doesnt matter anyway, because I doubt Square would bother to shell out the cash for Lance Bass.

I personally had no problems with Lance Bass doing Sephiroth's voice in Kingdom Hearts, and for what lines there were, I felt he did a fine job and that his voice more or less fit. However, that was the Kingdom Hearts design (and would also apply to the Final Fantasy VII design), but for Advent Children, the design of Sephiroth and the Japanese voice actor's voice depth suggest to me that a voice a good bit more deep and "thundrous" might be required.

Folks I'd be likely to pick are as follows:

Cloud: Steve Burton
    Aerith: Kirsten Dunst
    Cid: Gary Sinise
    Yuffie: Kirsty Pape or Tara Strong
    Barret: Beau Billingsley
    Reno: David Lucas
    Last edited by Squall of SeeD; 04-05-2005 at 04:18 AM.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke