Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "I need a new video game" thread.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    I don't think the purpose of this thread is to let him know about games that are coming out in 6+ months. Or even a month, he wants to play something NOW.

Slinter Cell Chaos Theory and God of War came out recently and they look pretty badass.
    Is Chaos Theory on PS2? Last I heard (six months ago...yeah) it was supposed to have some system raping graphics that made it Xbox/PC exclusive.

I tried borrowing Katamari Damacy from a friend, but it wouldn't work on my PS2. The console wouldn't recognize the disk as existing.

I didn't particularly enjoy Suikoden, so I'm not tempted to try the others.

I also played Star Ocean 2 and thought it was mediocre, so I'm not tempted to play Star Ocean 3. How does the multiplayer work in that? Is it like FFVI or something or what?

I don't plan on buying XS2 until it's greatest hits or something - I'm not spending another $50 on an incomplete storyline.

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts yet - I have been meaning to try that.

I also heard God of War is pretty incredible - I'll look into that.

Already played GGs, MGSs, FFs, etc.

Pretty good suggestions - any others?

I recommend not playing the Splinter Cell games, they're boring an almost as overhyped as GTA. I also recommend Silent Hill 4: the Room.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I didn't particularly enjoy Suikoden, so I'm not tempted to try the others.
    That's like saying, "I didn't particularly enjoy FF1, so I'm not tempted to try the others." It was the first RPG attempt of Konami, and they still did a damn good job. S2, now, is the best RPG ever made, with S3 being an excellent game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    That's like saying, "I didn't particularly enjoy FF1, so I'm not tempted to try the others." It was the first RPG attempt of Konami, and they still did a damn good job. S2, now, is the best RPG ever made, with S3 being an excellent game as well.
    Jebus has been telling me that as well, but Jebus is a Suikoden freak, and you can never trust those loons. Wait a minute...

In any case, I'll put them on my list, but I'm a bit sick of RPGs right now...

GET XENOSAGA 1 AND 2!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Jebus has been telling me that as well
    Jebus is a smart fellow.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by squareSOFT
    GET XENOSAGA 1 AND 2!!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, if you're more into gameplay than story, you will be. I loved the first game's story, but the gameplay got real old real fast. If you're not into half-hour-long cutscenes, avoid it. If you want a really cool and original (albeit unfinished, though it's a planned 7 game long series) story, check it out.

I think one of the prerequisites was multiplayer so I will suggest...

Timesplitters Future Perfect

The multiplayer is very fun. Reminds me of those Goldeneye days. Its multitap compatible and it has a map editor. Awesome.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

I've greatly enjoyed most of the recent sports game put out by ESPN, so if you enjoy playing baseball or football, I recommend them.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    I recommend not playing the Splinter Cell games, they're boring an almost as overhyped as GTA. I also recommend Silent Hill 4: the Room.
    Blopdy hell thats exactly what I think. Splinter Cell is to over-hyped and is not that hard. Plus SH 4 is the one of the best games ever

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and possibly Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.
    My exact thoughts. Although I'd recommend Digital Devil Saga first becasue right now it will be:

1. Easier to get a hold of at a store right now.

2. Easier to play/stand/get through if you're not a hardcore RPG fan or player. Nocturne can be rather hard at times, and is a bit of a dungeon crawler so I don't know how much you'd like it. DDS, on the other hand, is a more standard RPG, and isn't as insanely hard as Nocturne can be.

3. Digital Devil Saga will probably have a more in-depth story, while Nocturne is slow in its development, and leaves a lot of things alone, when they could have made for some great story/character development and plot points.

So, there's my two cents. And well, MGS3 could prove to be a lot of fun. I rented it twice and beat it, but I know I'd be able to play through quite a few more times because of all the fun stuff in it.

if you like scrolling shooters get R-Type Final it [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s bricks at the high difficuilty levels :P

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What is wrong with you? You go play Kingdom Hearts immediately, or I'll eat YOUR face off. >:O!!!!!!!!

Signature by rubah. I think.

How about you just settle for my toes.

Oh right, that was when I ate your face.