U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, like I said (or tried to say, I don't know) it's all in good fun. Vaan can go ahead and be feminine, as long as he's a well-developed and interesting guy, who I come to care about.

I won't even start talking about the Squall/Gackt thing. *shudder* Gackt....there are many fangirls at my school. =D Huh.

--Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Thank you! ^_^

Your welcome. He actually reminds me a bit of an FFT archer. BTW, do you think anyone would be arguing about this if Vaan just put a shirt on?
    Last edited by TurkSlayer; 04-23-2005 at 07:25 AM.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think he is feminine indeed, but I also think that those japanese boys who are really beautiful may look feminine to the western eye as well.
    To me it's not a problem at all. I like that. Also I think he looks like that because he' very young. If you want to know, I also find Cloud from Advent Children pretty feminine indeed. Would anyone say he's not hot because of that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer

Your welcome. He actually reminds me a bit for an FFT archer. BTW, do you think anyone would be arguing about this if Vaan just put a shirt on?
    A Shirt...it's so crazy, it just might work!!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Squall was indeed modeled after Gackt. It's been written in press releases and everything, and the developers have even mentioned it.

Tidus was also modeled after Gackt from what I hear, but I never heard that stated by developers, like Squall. I think it's true though, because I remember reading in a magazine before they were talking about Squall and Tidus structure simularities. Then there's this picture from a site I saw long ago that discussed it:

Anyway, pretty boys aren't really my taste, but Ashley is correct. Pretty boys (or "Bishonen") are preferable and looked at as most attractive in Japanese socitey. If you watch anime, you'll notice that most of the guys that are popular or whatever will have the bishi complex. In just about every case I can think of in anime where all the girls were swooning over some 'hunk', he had the bishi complex (Motoki, Mamoru, The Three Lights, every other guy in Sailor Moon). Of course, you do have you're manly men (reffered to as "Bara" as pretty boys are "Bishonen"), like say, Jet Black, but they never end up being the ones all the chicks are after...it's always the bishis.

So it makes perfect sense that FF main heroes tend to have that prettyness to them. As graphics grow more and more superior, the look gets closer to life, thus they get more idealy pretty I guess. That's not to say all FF guys are like this though. There's always the non bishi heroes (Barret, Cid, Amarant, Wakka, Auron, the brown haired guy in this game, ect.), they just never seen to be the main character.

Personally though, I don't care how the main character looks (like Necro stated, he doesn't even begin to rival Kuja in girliness). Especially when there's that masculine brown-haired dude to make up for it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Well said. Your name now stands for Dude May Kiss Ashley. Huzzah! xD

I'd like to find a picture of the girl they modeled Rinoa after. I've seen it before, and the similarities are very striking. As for Tidus, I never heard of the Gackt thing, but he does resemble him, save for his smile and all (Gackt doesnt seem to smile much). I do remember reading something about the character models, but I cant remember.

And, as for the bishonen thing, that's all very true. Pretty much every anime I've even seen has a bishonen guy, usually as the lead male. Slim, attractive, and often feminine (and really, does it get any more feminine than the Three Lights xD?).

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I'd like to find a picture of the girl they modeled Rinoa after.

Matsu Tatako.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Just for the record... I think Squall is way more manly than Gackt, i couldn't honesly see he was a man if i saw him in the street. he looks like a transvestite
    "The new Lifehouse album rocks!" -Me

Vaan ? Vaan is like another Tidus, but i favor Tidus:jap: ! check out the clothes and the hair : Vaan looks like he could take a career in yodeling :sing: :sing: ! come on Vaan, let 'em hear you yodel! won't you yodel one of them Final Fantasy songs 4 me :sing: :laughing: !
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 04-28-2005 at 12:03 AM.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I'd like to find a picture of the girl they modeled Rinoa after.
    Matsu Tatako.
    Thank you sweetums.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie514
    Vaan ? Vaan is like another Tidus, but i favor Tidus:jap:
    How is Vaan "another Tidus"? Or anything like Tidus for that matter?

(Just for everyone who didn't know, Tidus is not blonde, he just bleaches....seriously, go back and watch the scenes of him as a child, and in certain cinematics, mainly "The Last Chapter", look closely...you can see that it's about time for him to do his roots.)
    I like Kung-Fu.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wanna see these press releases-_- google isn't turning up much in the way of things.

and as for a note on vaan's femininity, let's just say he reminds me of harley from boymeetsboy in many many ways.

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    and as for a note on vaan's femininity, let's just say he reminds me of harley from boymeetsboy in many many ways.
    Wait is that the guy who is a real big tough guy and is Italian? Kind of like the Fonz?

Made by me

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, that was Mik. Harley was the blond.