Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Vaan's feminism...

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    How is Vaan "another Tidus"? Or anything like Tidus for that matter? (Just for everyone who didn't know, Tidus is not blonde, he just bleaches...
    of course i know he's not blonde (Kingdom Hearts, wittle Tidus). i'm just predicting Vaan to be a klutz and a weeny like Tidus. he like a more feminine side of Tidus.

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

i dont really see how Vaan can be a klutz being that he is a thief he should be very sneaky and agile and such

Made by me

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie514
    of course i know he's not blonde (Kingdom Hearts, wittle Tidus). i'm just predicting Vaan to be a klutz and a weeny like Tidus. he like a more feminine side of Tidus.
    Eh, maybe...a strange prediction on...what basis though? o__O

I think Vaan is going to end up being revealed a girl like (SPOILER)Faris in FFV. That would be awesome.

Or wait we've already seen that he doesn't have boobs.
    I like Kung-Fu.

i don't see how it's strange, but nobody's the same. remember, it's just a prediction, not a prophesy. just look at him smiling. he scares me. i don't want to meet him 'cuz i think he'll give me some "Jesus Juice".

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie514
    i don't want to meet him 'cuz i think he'll give me some "Jesus Juice".
    That's gross.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Nooj, Baralai, Gippal, Auron, Jecht, Seifer, Ward, Barret, Cid, Yang, Edge, (I haven't played enough the rest to remember the characters) all of these characters a deficit of femininity.

Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Vincent, Sephiroth, Squall, Zell, Irvine, Laguna, Kiros, Tidus, Shuyin were all pretty feminine.

It's fine. Riku is also pretty feminine which is why so many people make those GJ Art Drawings of him and Sora.

I think Cloud and Leon from KH were more manly than they were in previous titles, (in Cloud's case, it may only be because you can't really see his face)
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-07-2005 at 05:11 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Irvine, Vincent, and Edge most certainly look feminine. Vincent and Irvine especially.

Edge? Really? You think?

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yep.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    First of all, this is a Japanese game, and hence the design is distinctly Japanese. They prefer men who are far more feminine. It's a very Japanese thing.
    I must've been Japanese in a previous life. Not only have I been obessed with Japan for the longest time (actually, when I was small, I thought the Chinese were Japanese and that anime came from Hong Kong), but I've always wished that I looked more feminine. By that, I don't mean I'd prefer to wear girls clothes and swing my hips to and fro as I walk. When I hurt my hands at any time, people around me say, "What's the matter with you?" As if a splash of scalding hot water isn't supposed to hurt. So I say, "It's my hands. They're very delicate." and as I say this, I insert a tone of either sarcasm or pride. hehe.
    My dad at one time thought I was worried about looking more feminine. It raised the question, "Do YOU think I look feminine?" I don't remember how he answered exactly, but generally he said no.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 05-10-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Well duh, that's the original Japanese concept artwork. They have two kinds. The kind they know the Japanese will like and the kind they know the Americans will accept.
    It has nothing to do with pandering to specific audiences. That's the original artwork, and if you can't go by that, you can't go by anything. Also, I don't even know where you're coming from with that "two kinds" bit. The only thing I can think of is that Nintendo Power put out some American-made artwork for their features on FFI, FFIV, and FFMQ, but that stuff really should not be considered even in the same league as the official artwork, especially since, at least in the case of FFIV, it looked supremely stupid.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Not only to the Japanese artists not give two trouts about what Americans think of their work, IV also came out before FF was even popular in the states. Only FFI had been released for Americans. There arent 'two kinds of art work' for FF. There's Nomura and there's Amano, and both of them come out with plenty of girly characters, which arent altered for American audiences.

*screeches at Kishi's attachment* NOOOOOOO!!! Not the bad FFIV Nintendo Power artwork! Why does it come back to haunt me! WHY!? *weeps*

Oh, wait, wrong forums. This is FFXII... *coughs* :sweatdrop

I can't decide if Vaan looks feminine or just like he's twelve. Is that a good or a bad thing?

he scares me. he scares me even more 'cuz he's a thief too.

He steals virginity

But I thought he was supposed to be a pirate? An... air pirate? Considering what was released about the plot early in development, I've heard arguments that Square ripped off Skies of Arcadia's plot, at least in the beginning. Something about him wanting to take over his father's position as captain air pirate thing. And then with the female friend and finding some mysterious girl or some such.