Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Regarding Vaan's feminism...

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

And I already explained that. They dont design their characters to look like the average Joe. No one does. Do the people in any games look realistic, given the average population? No. Because people wanna see what they see as beautiful, not what they see every day. Video games and films are escapes from reality, a look and experience of another world, and their beautiful people are reflected as such. We see it everyday, in fashion magazines, in tv ads, in everything. And in Japan, that beauty is a feminine guy.

So, as I already said in the previous post; what society DESIRES does not reflect what society IS. You'll never walk down the street to see girls looking like Britney spears... you will, however, see girls emulating her; hairstyle, clothing, make up, and attitude. You do see a lot of that in Japan.

They all look extremely feminine to me, especially, as I said, the Amano art. They all have delicate features, and honestly the muscles have nothing to do with that. Their features are still soft.

If those faces dont look at all feminine to you, fine. Cloud's face even strongly resemble's Vaan's, though the cheeks are a bit fuller and he of course doesnt have the skin deal
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've seen a few pic's of him and he does look a lil like a tranny no offence but he does lol or maybe hes been smokin to much weed heck what do we know they mite change it they mite not would it stop u buyin the game?? u have probly played ffx-2 and u use women on that what's the biggy about usin a guy who looks like a girl lmao (maybe he's just an 11 yr old who didn't get much seep and his sister put make up on him lmao)

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They arent going to change it.

what ahhhh no im not buying it NOT like I said it dont make a diff if he looks like that u tellin me that u have never seen weird looking person in ne of the final fantasy game's look at the guado in ffx they r freaky looking with sum even weirder hair style's lol

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Alrighty... if that guy looks like a female to ya'all.. then I am in a crapload of trouble. I see guys with more feminity on the street all the time. Jeez... I you guys get me all hyped up for nothing.

what he looks like to me is a young teen... Baby-faced if you will.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I Think all the FF characters (especially boys) are made to look more younger than their age <_<...

..I dont know why square does that...

Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura
    Alrighty... if that guy looks like a female to ya'all.. then I am in a crapload of trouble. I see guys with more feminity on the street all the time. Jeez... I you guys get me all hyped up for nothing.

what he looks like to me is a young teen... Baby-faced if you will.
    IF you could show me a large number of men that look more femmy than Vaan, I will personally claim i will date one, (Claim being the Key Word)

Anyway, even though he looks femmy doesn't mean he will be femmy. Square is pretty good at working the characters to act in a way that fits the way they look without making them act femmy, such as Kuja who i am noticing is used quite a bit in this forum, Maby they should bring in a Kuja Look alike in ff12. Back on Topic, Though he may be the Femiest looking one yet, it doesn't lower my expectations.

And one more thing, Vincent looks Feminin? NEver noticed that one myself.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I really wouldnt be suggesting that, considering there are many men who can (and do) easily pass for women.

Vincent looks very feminine. He has a soft face and very gentle features. It doesnt show much in the game, but it shows very easily in AC.

Alot of times, the characters strongly resemble people in popculture at the time.
    EX:
    Tidus

And Gackt

When you see them move etc... it really resembles. Although I guess you could argue that Gackt kind of resembles Squall too...

Tôi đói.

What is that guy in the second picture smoking? HE should pass some of ut my way

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Vincent looks very feminine. He has a soft face and very gentle features. It doesnt show much in the game, but it shows very easily in AC.
    Truly. Even though if you look at him in Dirge of Cerberus, they made him look somewhat more masculine...I couldn't really tell how, but he's different.

Tidus also looks like a girl, apparently. I never thought so until a friend of mine from school saw him and said "Who's that girl? I like her hair!" :fphigh:

Tôi đói.

I find that very mean I don't ike it when people make fun of other people T_T

Fran!!! You can never beat Fran!!!!!!! MUHAAHAHA!!
    Fran Is so cool ^^