Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Got 2D Gamers Thumb ?

Default Anyone Got 2D Gamers Thumb ?

I dunno if its got a name at all but I just made that one up. When I play 2D fighting games I use the middle of my thunb to press the buttons. As you have to press or as I do you swish your finger across the buttons quite fast. I know this sounds stupid but after A while my thumb began to hurt. 3 days ago I noticed I had a Rash in the middle of my Thumb. It really hurt and I was unable to play Guilty Gear X2 Reload for 2 days. I tried putting Suda-cream on it and so far it has worked. Anyone had this sort of thing happen to you ?

I had that but after years I developed a blister from it. Now I don't get them anymore.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I put my finger under my shirt so it can slide and use the moves faster. Learned from my brother. No it's not cheating...

If its fighting games, get a joystick. No replacements.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah my brother told me to buy that neo x joystick so I can be good at the arcades...

Yep. Me and and my mates used to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES for hours on end. Eventually our thumbs would start hurting. We dubbed it "Street Fighter Thumb." Don't get it anymore though, even after playing for 4-5 hours straight.

they should put a warning on the Covers of 2D fighters saying that this game can cause serverly painly thumbs

Im not sure how or why but my fingers are actualy padded. All of my fingers have an little lump of soft almost cushion like area that nobody else I know has. I guess thats the reasons I've never had any gaming related injuries there.
    Word/s.

That is probably the stupidest thing Ive ever heard but damn I want your thumbs

That's just kinda...sad.

That you play games so much you injure yourselves >_>

I dont play the to much. But the game requires you to use your fingers really fast ( hehe ) on the pad and kinda rip off the skin a bit.

Its just you need to pull moves off on the fly and combos require tricky movements of the control pad which is much more easily done by just moving a joystick. Hence why you dont get pads in arcades.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Sometimes its just certain games or the way you hold the controler. My freind got blisters from playing Gran Turismo for 20 mins. It wasnt that he was playing for hours but he was just holding the controler in a way that constantly rubbed against the side of his thumb.
    Word/s.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This used to happen when I played my SNES for hours on end. I don't seem to have a problem anymore, since I haven't turned on my SNES in years, and I haven't used my PS2 to play games since feb. :o
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I have never had this happen to me and I love some button mashin' games from back in the day. Bigfoot, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter II to name some.