Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Longest without sleep

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quit stealing my life, Seeby.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Quiet, you.

I remember thinking one night, about how you can nod off for 15 minutes and have some huge drawn out dream. And other times, when you're so tired your eyes close on their own. And you go to blink, and then suddenly it's 3 hours later and you weren't even aware you'd fallen asleep. I started to get this feeling that time works differently in sleep. Like you're in suspended animation. Unfortunately after a bit of thinking I was suddenly an unwilling insomniac. For a while I actually thought I'd lost the ability to sleep. A month? I'm not sure that's possible. Even if it were, I'm sure it's highly unhealthy. I went about a week after that night, maybe a little longer. Though I tried desperately for sleep it just wouldn't come. Laying in bed every night just... thinking, hour after hour. It really sucked. Now I make sure to have Nyquil or something on hand to knock me out.

Blog Entries

I need at least 5-6 hopurs of sleep or else I'm useless. I mean, I think I've pulled over 30 hours because of a massive project, but I've never really benefitted from not sleeping so I sleep when I should.

somewhere around 60 hours, wouldnt have been that big of a deal, had it not been during football two-a-day practices...i practically passed out when i finally did sleep

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Seeby See~
    I once stayed awake for a WHOLE month. I'm pretty sure I brought a cat, killed it, ate every single part of it, then brought a dog, watched my entire anime collection in one sitting, made a perfect save for every Final Fantasy 1-11, ate the dog, brought a zoo, and became a drug lord. For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the desert dressed up as the easter bunny.

Boy, I probably don't want to know what else I did.
    You win.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm restless, I only get about 5-15 minits sleep every night, and while I'm awake I'm (almost) always standing or walking or running! I only sit down if I have to! I'm not sure of my longest period without sleep, but I can tell you my longest sleep lasted around 6 munths in 1998 from June 24th til December 8th! I was in a coma after a road accident!
    my real name begins with a"W"

I'm not sure exactly how long was my longest time without sleep, but I'm guessing around 30-40 hours. Not much, I know, but I did start hallucinating by the end. I didn't see anything, but I kept hearing short bursts of laughter and then someone would say my name behind me. Always in a different voice, and always in a voice I knew but hadn't heard in a long time. I probably started looking paranoid and jumpy at least. That was about 8 years ago, and I've never gone that long without sleep since. So, even a short amount of time can screw you up a bit.

damn, you people are making me want to be insomniatic again. so be it. today or tomorrow i stop sleeping to see how long i can go. i wonder if i still have those caffiene pills...

I've never survived longer than 36 hours.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Over 24 friggin hours during Army NG drill, it was fun though! Went bowling saturday night from 8pm to 1:30am with a couple of army buddies. A couple of people were drunk it was hilarious. Then stood up tell 3am watching power rangers in the armory, and playing halo on xbox. Couldnt sleep because I drank to much mt dew, and the next morning sucked ass, because I didnt get much sleep and did physical [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img], muscles were all sore. When I got home I basically slepted for 15 hours...