Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Role of New Hero

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm not talking about Marias (I dont know anything about that), but I dont see how Dante is any better than Yuna. Or, another FF gunner, Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I'm not talking about Marias (I dont know anything about that), but I dont see how Dante is any better than Yuna. Or, another FF gunner, Vincent.
    I love the way he uses his guns during gameplay and I hated most things about Yunas girl power theme.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

What does that have to do with the gunner style though? Dante is a crap-for-brains character, but even I appreciate the style of the guy's fighting.

What does that have to do with the gunner style though? Dante is a crap-for-brains character, but even I appreciate the style of the guy's fighting.
    Abominatrix, I wasnt serious when I posted thos picture. I was just giving an example of random gunners I thought were more impressive in the gunner role than Yuna. I wasnt serious when I said they should be used as FF heros. As far as what they have to do with gunners style, theyre gunners and I like the way they use there guns in combat.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Jikuu welding TIME MAGES need more love.

Would be even more interesting if a mime were the main role.
    Think how interesting that could get.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

They need to make moogles look like they used to. And then put one in the lead.

seems like this thread is popular

Kawaii Ryűkishi - i havent played it yet

Terra*Aeris - i actually posted it bacause it was the first one at hand...as for double posting it lol, if there was going to be a female ninja i would prefer her to be in full ninja armour, i HATE it when a game or comic starts talking about female characters relying on their sexuality, men stare at breasts no matter what a girls doing, so just get on with the action

Heath - depends what the archer is shooting lol (summon arrows)

Dante was badly written, but a good design, it blended gunplay and swordplay well for a change and he had a good looking costume in Devil May Cry 2

it's funny how you can find female characters leading a group of others all over the place, except in FF..dont they understand out needs lol
    no whining females, i carnt stomach them

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'd love to see a pirate, and a female heroine of some sort would definitly be nice. I know X-2 had it, but I'd like to see one leading a group of males, or at the center of the story like in VI.
    A female main character would be a nice change. I'd much prefer a female leading a group of males and females compared to another X-2-like party.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

(yay for gunners.... ^^)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I don't think the main Character's role should be the most important. Standard sword fighter works fine. What I would like would be more focus on the support characters. Not all of them, maybe just the lead love interest, and best friend. For example more focus on Zell in FFVIII during Seifer battles. I watched Sahara the other day, and whilst the film itself got ridiculous, the interaction between the two lead males (despite one being more clearly the lead) was very entertaining.

Fairly tough, melee fighter as a lead, with a long range, fairly humourous best friend. I always pick the lead and love interest in a team, it'd be nice to have a bit more story driven influence over my selection of other characters.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    I'd love to know the difference between a monk and a "fist fighter."
    More hair.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Difference between monk and fist fighter in Final Fantasy are nothing really. A monk uses his/her fists as weapons, a fist fighter i guess would be anyone of any other vocation unequipped?

Yeah a decent gunner would be sweet. Here's a little thing I made up of RPG gunners a while back.

I'd really like to see a dragoon (jumping kind not Legend of Dragoon) be the main character. Closest we got is Kain. and Cecil was the main character moreso than Kain.

Or I like the FF6 approach of no actual main character. That was quite nice and made for a much more interesting story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Current RPGs: Final Fantasy XII

Difference between monk and fist fighter in Final Fantasy are nothing really. A monk uses his/her fists as weapons, a fist fighter i guess would be anyone of any other vocation unequipped?
    What I really mean is I prefer characters like Zell and Tifa and theyre fighting using combos and such. I wouldnt consider them monks. I prefer theyre fighting over the whole chinese feel behind Yang and FF1 monk. Sabin I never minded as much but that was probably because I liked his personality. He didnt seem like that disciplined chinese monk.

i loved Tifa, but Zell just didnt cut it for me.

im really not keen on the concept of Gunner, sure GunKata looked cool in Equalibrium, but in fantasy i prefer the classic weapons. An Amazon female with a whopping sword